Beware Amazon Market sellers

Found 15th Dec 2017Edited by:"deleted230056"
Has any one else noticed that majority of the Amazon Market Sellers are scamming Amazon customers with fake and not for retail goods from Hard Drives to perfume. Have been stung at least five times in the last few months. Learnt my lesson and now always pick Amazon from the other sellers list as the main product page seller constantly changes between Amazon and at least ten other dodgy sellers. I tried to post this in the reviews of the items but Amazon refused to publish the review.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Can't say as I have. I wish amazon would make the sellers location clearly visible though. Been caught a few times thinking it was a UK seller then having to wait weeks for that slow boat from China.
hgraham444 m ago

Also, Amazon won’t ever publish any reviews that slag them off - you’ll hav …Also, Amazon won’t ever publish any reviews that slag them off - you’ll have to use trustpilot for any reviews of that nature

You need to rate the seller, not leave a review.
28 Comments
Yeah it's old news, gets worse like this at Christmas
deleted230056
Old news...must have missed it as I have learnt the hard way.
They can be really bad - my Dad accidentally bought a book last Christmas as a present, turns out it was in Spanish

Seriously though, I ordered Horizon Zero Dawn on Ps4 from there in September, they sent an Arabic copy stating on the box that it was only legal to be sold in the Middle East and Asia!
Can't say as I have. I wish amazon would make the sellers location clearly visible though. Been caught a few times thinking it was a UK seller then having to wait weeks for that slow boat from China.
Also, Amazon won’t ever publish any reviews that slag them off - you’ll have to use trustpilot for any reviews of that nature
deleted230056
hgraham44 m ago

Also, Amazon won’t ever publish any reviews that slag them off - you’ll hav …Also, Amazon won’t ever publish any reviews that slag them off - you’ll have to use trustpilot for any reviews of that nature

Yup received an email that they will not publish the review. Yeah trustpilot is an option but Amazon are a pain for not warning its customers.
deleted230056
Shengis7 m ago

Can't say as I have. I wish amazon would make the sellers location clearly …Can't say as I have. I wish amazon would make the sellers location clearly visible though. Been caught a few times thinking it was a UK seller then having to wait weeks for that slow boat from China.

And then it turns out to be a fake with fake description. i purchased a Tv box with 2gb ram with 32Gb HD and when i conducted a test it was only 1gb and 16Bg HD.
deleted23005615th Dec 2017

Yup received an email that they will not publish the review. Yeah …Yup received an email that they will not publish the review. Yeah trustpilot is an option but Amazon are a pain for not warning its customers.

Amazon have so much power, there’s been all this stick about not paying their delivery drivers minimum wage, but they’re getting away with it through loopholes they’ve found in the delivery system.

On the other hand, you should at least be able to get a full refund on each fake item/scam. At least, I’ve always managed to return them anyway
deleted230056
hgraham43 m ago

Amazon have so much power, there’s been all this stick about not paying t …Amazon have so much power, there’s been all this stick about not paying their delivery drivers minimum wage, but they’re getting away with it through loopholes they’ve found in the delivery system.On the other hand, you should at least be able to get a full refund on each fake item/scam. At least, I’ve always managed to return them anyway

Yeah but its not only a hassel returning the item but often miss out on a deal that Amazon then refuses to match for time wasted. Oh well at lleast people are becoming aware of their tactics
I've seen reviews on Amazon that mention they got fake/counterfeit goods. Problem is the reviews are for the ITEM so you can't tell who the bad sellers are. Even the sellers that have their goods sent from Amazon warehouse can be dodgy
hgraham444 m ago

This is no different from buying from random ebay sellers with little feedback. Buyer beware.
deleted230056
gari18913 m ago

I've seen reviews on Amazon that mention they got fake/counterfeit goods. …I've seen reviews on Amazon that mention they got fake/counterfeit goods. Problem is the reviews are for the ITEM so you can't tell who the bad sellers are. Even the sellers that have their goods sent from Amazon warehouse can be dodgy

Yeah happened to me four times but amazon sent a replacement from themselves on only one occasion. Leaving seller feedback is a good idea
deleted230056
MSK.10 m ago

Leaving seller feedback is a good idea cheers
deleted230056
Agharta2 m ago

This is no different from buying from random ebay sellers with little …This is no different from buying from random ebay sellers with little feedback. Buyer beware.

Yup begining to realise that now
deleted230056
Thank you kindly guys for the comments. Good night
I got fake goods from Amazon themselves (not through marketplace) !
I love the reviews..Shill Wars
You need to leave seller feedback and not a review on the item, it brings the item rating down if you leave a bad review but if you leave bad seller feedback the seller won't get anymore sales.

really do get frustrated by seller feedback in the item review area.
Also where a seller has multiple items when checking reviews can’t make head or tails of which item has positive/negative feedback
deleted23005615th Dec 2017

And then it turns out to be a fake with fake description. i purchased a Tv …And then it turns out to be a fake with fake description. i purchased a Tv box with 2gb ram with 32Gb HD and when i conducted a test it was only 1gb and 16Bg HD.

Mostly the stuff I buy I know the quality will be somewhat 'questionable'. I'm normally pleasantly surprised. Shenzen market ftw
Yes happened to me too when I ordered a tap. Looked almost identical to the branded one I thought I was buying buy on closer inspection it was very different to the one I clicked through on.
Well, Amazon sold me a "Humax" PVR remote, sold by them, fulfilled by them. Listed as genuine and the picture showed Humax branding. When it arrived it had no branding, and was a blatant fake that you couldn't program to operate other devices like you can with a genuine one. That's when I decided that, for me, Amazon had crossed over from a quality to a questionable retailer.
samosa2 h, 47 m ago

Also where a seller has multiple items when checking reviews can’t make h …Also where a seller has multiple items when checking reviews can’t make head or tails of which item has positive/negative feedback

Does that matter? If they sell one fake item chances are the others are too.
Dont think for one minute that all the above applies only to Amazon Market place. I have received 4 different items over recent weeks from AMAZON, all had been opened and clumsily repackaged, seal broken on Bosch power drills, dirty user guides, Headphones, opened, repackaged parts missing etc etc .Refunded, 2nd one arrived exactly the same.

Up until recently I was an ardent supporter of Amazon, excellent customer service BUT giving a customer refunds is not the answer. Customers who choose to buy brand new unopened product are legally entitled to receive exactly that.
I believe Amazon has now been joined by hundreds of unscrupulous sellers both in the UK and abroad who use Amazons name to resell returned items as new.
I actually tracked down the email address of Mr Bezos who is hoping to achieve a turnover of $95b by the end of 2018, (his email by the way is jeff@amazon.com). The email did arrive at the correct email address and was speedily passed on to Executive Customer Service. I received a very strong apology and a promise that a full investigation would take place but I would not be any results of that investigation.

I still have some faith in Amazon to get to grips with this unacceptable situation and will continue for the time being to purchase from them.

I was in electrical retailing for 25 years and this practice has been going on for many years but most of the time returned goods, display items are sold and clearly stated by the seller.

Even genuine manufacturers are finding it difficult to identify fake products from China so the likes of me (Joe Bloggs) have no chance and finish up buying things with tongue in cheek and fingers crossed.

Trading Standards are utterly useless and are department in name only. Customs are bombarded with millions of fake goods every day.
deleted230056
Yeah had the same issue a couple of times. For example a PS$ steering wheel with missing part and the seal was broken. Got them to pick up from address and had to fight for £20 compensation in a form of a voucher. Should not have to do this as it seems when other customer return and they claim its a wrong order they do not check it but get their robots to place it back on the shelf as new. Lately I have noticed that each time I order from Amazon I am weary and checking the items for usuage. Shame really but it seems Amazon that the bigger Amazon gets the more its loosing the plot of customer service.
Therefore I hope/pray they never destroy the littlle competition left as then they will truly have got us by the short and curlies.
deleted230056
luminox11 m ago

Dont think for one minute that all the above applies only to Amazon Market …Dont think for one minute that all the above applies only to Amazon Market place. I have received 4 different items over recent weeks from AMAZON, all had been opened and clumsily repackaged, seal broken on Bosch power drills, dirty user guides, Headphones, opened, repackaged parts missing etc etc .Refunded, 2nd one arrived exactly the same.Up until recently I was an ardent supporter of Amazon, excellent customer service BUT giving a customer refunds is not the answer. Customers who choose to buy brand new unopened product are legally entitled to receive exactly that.I believe Amazon has now been joined by hundreds of unscrupulous sellers both in the UK and abroad who use Amazons name to resell returned items as new.I actually tracked down the email address of Mr Bezos who is hoping to achieve a turnover of $95b by the end of 2018, (his email by the way is jeff@amazon.com). The email did arrive at the correct email address and was speedily passed on to Executive Customer Service. I received a very strong apology and a promise that a full investigation would take place but I would not be any results of that investigation.I still have some faith in Amazon to get to grips with this unacceptable situation and will continue for the time being to purchase from them.I was in electrical retailing for 25 years and this practice has been going on for many years but most of the time returned goods, display items are sold and clearly stated by the seller.Even genuine manufacturers are finding it difficult to identify fake products from China so the likes of me (Joe Bloggs) have no chance and finish up buying things with tongue in cheek and fingers crossed.Trading Standards are utterly useless and are department in name only. Customs are bombarded with millions of fake goods every day.

Yeah had the same issue a couple of times. For example a PS4 steering wheel with missing part and the seal was broken. Got them to pick up from address and had to fight for £20 compensation in a form of a voucher. Should not have to do this as it seems when other customer return and they claim its a wrong order they do not check it but get their robots to place it back on the shelf as new. Lately I have noticed that each time I order from Amazon I am weary and checking the items for usuage. Shame really but it seems Amazon that the bigger Amazon gets the more its loosing the plot of customer service.
Therefore I hope/pray they never destroy the littlle competition left as then they will truly have got us by the short and curlies.
Good post, but sadly, what can WE do, I too was scammed, ad was a branded quality item, what arrived was most definitely not, Amazon guarantee thing refunded, but, IS there consequences FROM Amazon?...
Me now?...will NOT BUY FROM AMAZON!!! end of, but I am one person, will they care, (how many million customers??) hell no..
Life I guess... :-((
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants