Beware Amazon ripoff

Found 21st Mar
When buying from Amazon make sure you check your invoices.
I purchased from Amazon and have had extra charges added. free UK delivery stated on sale.
was then charged 3.40 extra for delivery which should be free.
spoke to Amazon and they said they would ASK not DEMAND them to refund the postage.
they then say it's your fault for ticking standard delivery. prime members have no extra cost for standard delivery.
make sure you check your purchases.
2913083-Il0Ga.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Just because you cant read doesn't mean everyone else is the same
john76767614 m ago

Who doesn't have prime in 2018

Someone who doesn't use Amazon very often? It wasn't compulsory to be a Prime member last time I checked.
Edited by: "deeky" 21st Mar
john76767620 m ago

I don't
34 Comments
Not really a rip off is it. It’s sold buy a market place seller not Amazon and says in the picture you included “Not eligible for Amazon Prime”.
----4 m ago

lol
Standard delivery is free when I test it (non prime), and £4.99 when I select express delivery.
john76767614 m ago

Someone who doesn't use Amazon very often? It wasn't compulsory to be a Prime member last time I checked.
Edited by: "deeky" 21st Mar
john76767620 m ago

I don't
Original Poster
Read terms. Prime members not charged for any other delivery. Did not say Amazon ripping you off, highlighting the seller adding postage after stating free UK delivery.
Original Poster
deeky21st Mar

Standard delivery is free when I test it (non prime), and £4.99 when I …Standard delivery is free when I test it (non prime), and £4.99 when I select express delivery.

That's correct in what you said deeky. Shows as free delivery. After checkout the invoice comes through with the postage added.
Original Poster
samtman1 h, 13 m ago

Not really a rip off is it. It’s sold buy a market place seller not Amazon …Not really a rip off is it. It’s sold buy a market place seller not Amazon and says in the picture you included “Not eligible for Amazon Prime”.

You obviously can not read samtman. Notice the part after price" free UK delivery". Amazon prime not included. Free delivery if not a member as well. Comments good, I like that but please read.
I'm sure somewhere on hukd there is a link for Specsavers offering a deal,which I am 99.9% sure you need.
samtman1 h, 18 m ago

Not really a rip off is it. It’s sold buy a market place seller not Amazon …Not really a rip off is it. It’s sold buy a market place seller not Amazon and says in the picture you included “Not eligible for Amazon Prime”.

It says "& free delivery"
Original Poster
kay19923 m ago

It says "& free delivery"

I thought it was just me that could see the free UK delivery part.
steve680039 m ago

I thought it was just me that could see the free UK delivery part.

Looks like it haha
Anyway it should have been delivered for free as stated.
Edited by: "kay_uddin" 21st Mar
Looks like you need new glasses
Original Poster
----25 m ago

I don't need glasses I'm just thick. Thought I saw free delivery but it must only be on my screen. You obviously can't see it because you can't read simple English.
Original Poster
----26 m ago

Honestly Mr I can read simple England, or is that English? Please help.
I'd be a bit miffed having to pay extra when it clearly says £34.99 & FREE UK Delivery. Having said that I don't think £3.40 is excessive for such a large item but I'd still ask for a refund.
deleted1416210
john7676762 h, 42 m ago

Me!
I placed nearly 300 orders last year with Amazon (sad and somewhat shocking even to me on checking ), but Amazon don't offer prime delivery to the Scottish Highlands.
I took this item all the way to checkout , bar pressing the last button to actually pay and it still said free delivery , do you live in an area not covered by usual postage/delivery like PJB
deleted1416210
tinkerbellian16 m ago

I took this item all the way to checkout , bar pressing the last button to …I took this item all the way to checkout , bar pressing the last button to actually pay and it still said free delivery , do you live in an area not covered by usual postage/delivery like PJB

I decided to put it to the test too, did the same as you; as far as the last screen.... and it says free delivery for me too , £4.99 if I select express delivery...... In reality they would probably just cancel my order when they realise where I am, but still.... Makes this £3.40 charge the OP mentioned seem all the more strange. Quite a mystery
It clearly states 'free delivery' so who is the free delivery for?
Im thinking OP is right on this unless he lives in an obscure site like the Scottish highlands
steve680032 h, 53 m ago

That's correct in what you said deeky. Shows as free delivery. After …That's correct in what you said deeky. Shows as free delivery. After checkout the invoice comes through with the postage added.

I would call back and insist on a refund of the postage, if not from the seller direct, then from Amazon themselves.
PrincessJellybean1 h, 39 m ago

Me! I placed nearly 300 orders last year with Amazon (sad and …Me! I placed nearly 300 orders last year with Amazon (sad and somewhat shocking even to me on checking ), but Amazon don't offer prime delivery to the Scottish Highlands.

pity your postman
deeky38 m ago

I would call back and insist on a refund of the postage, if not from the …I would call back and insist on a refund of the postage, if not from the seller direct, then from Amazon themselves.

i agree Deeky, also report/highlight to Amazon that this is misleading advertisement and they shouldtake action.
£3.40 delivery for set of draws isn’t bad either way. Ikea charge £39
Omg op!! I am having a identical issue! Day before yesterday I purchased quite a few items, about 8. I spotted there were some flower seeds for 99p a pack so I added on 3 packs of them. Didn't need them just thought I'd get them because they are cheap.
I went to checkout and I selected next day delivery as I have prime and its free with prime. The next day I got the 3 tiny packs of seeds sent to me via Royal Mail special delivery. I thought gosh that's good delivery service then checked my online order and they have charged me £8.99 special delivery charge for the seeds!!!!!

I contact Amazon they say won't do anything coz 3rd party seller.
I contacted the seller they said "you selected next day delivery which is special delivery"
i explained I only selected next day delivery because I have prime and it should be next day delivery and nowhere did it state I would be charged extra for it.
They still said no sorry it's my own fault.
i think it's amazons fault for the way the set out the checkout page. It doesn't show a fee for delivery. I even added the items back to my basket again and took a screen shot to send Amazon.
ive emailed them again saying I feel like I have been conned out £8.99 and that I want to make a formal complaint. Not heard back yet.
I understand and your frustration and surpris op
Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 21st Mar
deleted1416210
discozohan39 m ago

pity your postman

Haha..... it explains a lot when i think about it, he can be a bit shovey with the parcels sometimes.
dorey691 h, 47 m ago

£3.40 delivery for set of draws isn’t bad either way. Ikea charge £39

And that addresses the point of this thread does it?
LeahsMintytoutou21 h, 42 m ago

Omg op!! I am having a identical issue! Day before yesterday I purchased …Omg op!! I am having a identical issue! Day before yesterday I purchased quite a few items, about 8. I spotted there were some flower seeds for 99p a pack so I added on 3 packs of them. Didn't need them just thought I'd get them because they are cheap. I went to checkout and I selected next day delivery as I have prime and its free with prime. The next day I got the 3 tiny packs of seeds sent to me via Royal Mail special delivery. I thought gosh that's good delivery service then checked my online order and they have charged me £8.99 special delivery charge for the seeds!!!!! I contact Amazon they say won't do anything coz 3rd party seller. I contacted the seller they said "you selected next day delivery which is special delivery"i explained I only selected next day delivery because I have prime and it should be next day delivery and nowhere did it state I would be charged extra for it. They still said no sorry it's my own fault.i think it's amazons fault for the way the set out the checkout page. It doesn't show a fee for delivery. I even added the items back to my basket again and took a screen shot to send Amazon.ive emailed them again saying I feel like I have been conned out £8.99 and that I want to make a formal complaint. Not heard back yet. I understand and your frustration and surpris op

so the seeds said they were prime eligible?
there was no 'postage and packaging' charge at checkout?
Nope, Not at the part I looked at
Joey.Bloggsy21st Mar

It clearly states 'free delivery' so who is the free delivery for?Im …It clearly states 'free delivery' so who is the free delivery for?Im thinking OP is right on this unless he lives in an obscure site like the Scottish highlands

brilly6 h, 36 m ago

so the seeds said they were prime eligible?there was no 'postage and …so the seeds said they were prime eligible?there was no 'postage and packaging' charge at checkout?

Oh Brilly you always try and act sensible
Good luck to that .
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants