Beware dangerous mains adaptors!!!!

8 replies
Found 23rd May 2008
I bought a new mains adaptor for my Nintendo DS Lite from an Ebay seller the other day. It charged the DS OK but when i attempted to remove the adaptor from the socket it fell to pieces exposing the wires inside!!!! Probably could have given me a nasty electric shock, but i carefuly removed it and swiftly put it in the bin.
Now I am adaptorless - but alive!!!
So please be careful when buying extremely cheap aftermarket adaptors for electricals. In future I will either buy an official adaptor or one made by a reputable company.

1. Misc
  2. Nintendo
8 Comments

Banned

Never buy bateries or chargers off ebay if they are cheap, they ship em over fom china for 10p each and they are terrible.
It is hit and miss though..

what wait for it to hit and but try to miss ;-)

Banned

Dodgy isn't it.... ok if its for you etc but what if you buy it for your/someones kid.... they could get killed!

hmmmm send it to the mother - in - law (i hate her) boom end of problem

Banned

jackt010;2160670

hmmmm send it to the mother - in - law (i hate her) boom end of problem

lol

Original Poster

ODB_69;2160651

Dodgy isn't it.... ok if its for you etc but what if you buy it for … Dodgy isn't it.... ok if its for you etc but what if you buy it for your/someones kid.... they could get killed!

Very Dodgy, its the reason why i felt I should warn others.

SteveBrule;2160741

Very Dodgy, its the reason why i felt I should warn others.

Can I ask why you threw it in the bin and didn't return it to the seller or take it to the local Trading Standards ?
You could also give us the item number so we know who to avoid on Ebay.

Still hopefully the Negative Feedback you've left the seller will also warn others and help protect the kids.

You have left feedback I assume ??

Original Poster

Almost every DS Lite charger below £5 buy it now (inc p&p) appears to be one of these dodgy chargers, unfortunately i had already left feedback when it disintergrated.

Sometimes you do get what you pay for i guess.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Mobile phone advice710
    2. Christmas presents715
    3. Cannot upgrade to iOS 11.0.322
    4. Netflix Family - Anyone got any places going?24

See more discussions