beware dark pages on Amazon!

All new games listed as £14.99 and has just launched... obvious scam

Top comments

Is that FP's evil twin ?
http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/galleries/x701/74510.jpg
25 Comments

link?

Noticed a few of their games were £14.99 and the next cheapest was closer to £40 and with no feedback I left it.

loads of fake accounts on amazon pretending to sell brand new wii u's and switches for well below retail price too, scummy behaviour, hope they all perish!

http://i64.tinypic.com/331muxk.png

Never buy from a just launched seller, trust me i did it twice in one day and both were scams

Is that FP's evil twin ?
http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/galleries/x701/74510.jpg

I use Amazon all the time so I see this a lot. Never trust a seller with no/little feedback or selling things cheaper than anyone else because they are almost always fake and a scam.

They use the Amazon storefront to try to make the scam look like it's a legit sale and more people are likely to buy from Amazon as its trusted so they use that to get a quick sale and then vanish. A lot return with a different account and the cycle continues.

thewongwing101

Is that FP's evil twin ?

...cousin. At least pick the right breed!

As it is Easter Sunday, I will leave you with this thought for the day...

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/b7/0b/41/b70b41b7d5e9a8421c95aa8b82b96883.jpg

Amazon will refund you if you pay via their service. But yes Amazon are well aware of this. Normally the seller offers very long delivery time scales so Amazon won't refund until that date has passed and by that point the seller is long gone.

I ordered Alien anthology (blu ray) from an new seller, selling about £5 less than everyone else was selling it for and it was delivered fine.

Ones' just popped up for Wildlands
amazon.co.uk/gp/…-21
'£14.99
New
Niklas Biersack
Just Launched (Seller Profile)'

nathan3007

Ones' just popped up for Wildlands … Ones' just popped up for Wildlands https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B00ZGBBW9G/ref=sr_1_1_olp?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1492341776&sr=1-1&keywords=ghost+recon+wildlands+xbox+one&tag=ho01f-21'£14.99 NewNiklas BiersackJust Launched (Seller Profile)'

Name sounds Romanian....

DID YOU EMAIL AMAZON TO TELL THEM? If not might be an idea.

zworld

Name sounds Romanian....

More German than Romanian, it won't matter as it is a scam

Take it I've been scammed then

I ordered a copy of wildlands on ps4 for £17 and came up as a new seller called jimbo then numbers after the name.

Tracking number is showing on my order page and says delivery due 24.4.17
Am I better getting in touch with amazon straight away or won't they do anything until the delivery date has passed

NFS

Take it I've been scammed thenI ordered a copy of wildlands on ps4 for … Take it I've been scammed thenI ordered a copy of wildlands on ps4 for £17 and came up as a new seller called jimbo then numbers after the name.Tracking number is showing on my order page and says delivery due 24.4.17Am I better getting in touch with amazon straight away or won't they do anything until the delivery date has passed

I would get intouch ASAP mate, all that will happen is the seller will keep pushing back the delivery date until the mandatory 30 days for a refund has passed.

*Sloman*

Amazon will refund you if you pay via their service. But yes Amazon are … Amazon will refund you if you pay via their service. But yes Amazon are well aware of this. Normally the seller offers very long delivery time scales so Amazon won't refund until that date has passed and by that point the seller is long gone.I ordered Alien anthology (blu ray) from an new seller, selling about £5 less than everyone else was selling it for and it was delivered fine.

So when Amazon allows you the refund after the scam does the money they refund come at their own expense or is the money taken back from the scammer?
Edited by: "darkspace100" 16th Apr

nathan3007

I would get intouch ASAP mate, all that will happen is the seller will … I would get intouch ASAP mate, all that will happen is the seller will keep pushing back the delivery date until the mandatory 30 days for a refund has passed.

Thanks I'll phone them tomorrow if they are open as don't think they will have anyone manning the phones today.

Thought it was too good to be true. I thought amazon would have had to verify sellers when they open accounts.

So basically the scammers open accounts and list things cheap and then hope to get quite a few sales and then do a runner with the money

Spoke to amazon on the phone about 90 minutes back and the person I spoke with had broken English but said they have sent the seller an email on my behalf saying I want to cancel the sale and they will give them 48 hours to respond and if I don't hear anything back then amazon have told me to call them back and they will escalate the matter and I presume they will just issue a refund.

Wonder why amazon don't put anything in place for new sellers that just pop up online and start selling on the marketplace.

This is the first time I've purchased from a new seller on amazon and won't bother again as if it's too good to be true to save a couple of pound then it probably is
Edited by: "NFS" 16th Apr

I always use fulfiled​ by Amazon or sold by them, except for stuff from Japan then i stick to japan shop hobbyone and another i can't recall that starts with a S and ends in JP, only ordered from them after chatting on forums about who's best to order from.

NFS

Spoke to amazon on the phone about 90 minutes back and the person I spoke … Spoke to amazon on the phone about 90 minutes back and the person I spoke with had broken English but said they have sent the seller an email on my behalf saying I want to cancel the sale and they will give them 48 hours to respond and if I don't hear anything back then amazon have told me to call them back and they will escalate the matter and I presume they will just issue a refund.Wonder why amazon don't put anything in place for new sellers that just pop up online and start selling on the marketplace.This is the first time I've purchased from a new seller on amazon and won't bother again as if it's too good to be true to save a couple of pound then it probably is

Is there any proof the seller even has the game? Do they show pictures of the product like Ebay does?

darkspace100

Is there any proof the seller even has the game? Do they show pictures of … Is there any proof the seller even has the game? Do they show pictures of the product like Ebay does?

Not normally, no

nathan3007

Not normally, no

Then I wouldn't use Amazon sellers tbh. Might as well just use Ebay as theres pictures of the product and prices are lower as well.

Amazon isn't able to keep up with the fraudsters, it's too big of a site to deal with what is most likely an new fraud account every minute...

MazingerZ

Amazon isn't able to keep up with the fraudsters, it's too big of a site … Amazon isn't able to keep up with the fraudsters, it's too big of a site to deal with what is most likely an new fraud account every minute...

Pity amazon don't make marketplace sellers go through certain checks before they can have an account or place any funds on hold for a certain amount of days before they can cash thr money out

Hopefully amazon refund my mone shortly

Yep, unfortunately I saw Resident Evil 7 being sold by Niklas Biersac for what I thought was the bargain of the century - £14.99. Recieved an email from Amazon today saying I've been refunded with no other explanation. Feeling a little foolish that I didn't realise it had been a scam. The thought crossed my mind but I was sure at least Amazon would have to sort it out if it never arrived.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. TEKKEN goes mobile (iOS/Andorid)512
    2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4592149
    3. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction1435
    4. Entitled to overtime to be included in your holiday pay1023

See more discussions