Groups

Beware fake MAC products

Went to my local outdoor market and a lady there was selling quite high end makeup (e.g. dior mascara, bobbi brown and MAC makeup).

I purchased some MAC pigment at £4 - bargain price I thought (rrp £14) but later found out it was FAKE!

There's a good video on youtube explaining how to discover fake MAC products - tip is, if the makeup does not have the 'name' of the colour (e.g. girlie pink) then its not real.

I was GUTTED! Just goes to show - if it seems too good to be true, probably is

9 Comments

Banned

I never trust markets to be honest.

The stall alway's seems to disappear if there is a problem.

There's a good video on youtube explaining how to discover fake MAC … There's a good video on youtube explaining how to discover fake MAC products - tip is, if the makeup does not have the 'name' of the colour (e.g. girlie pink) then its not real.

I would say the 1st clue was that you bought it at a market.

thesaint;4206931

I would say the 1st clue was that you bought it at a market.

Indeed..lol

any mac minis? I wouldnt mind one even if fake. or an iMaC

I like your user name though,that would suit me!

does it do the job though?

xena_morph;4207037

Fake/cheap cosmetics can have allsorts in them,i wouldn't advocate the use of them.:w00t:

Thought you meant an apple mac, then i thought derr your at a market........then i got to the word makeup :oops:

Original Poster

xena_morph;4207037

I tried it out a few days ago - and surprisingly it was quite good! I don't know whether it was worth £4 though, because the way I see it, if it was a 'generic' brand I would probably pay £2 for the tub of pigment? (especially given market prices) Still, I guess its some consolation that the colours are really nice and it applies well?!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523438
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …228684
      3. Are these two things distinctly different to you?32163
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism1627

See more discussions