Beware http://www.thelegaldeedpollservice.org.uk/

Found 18th Mar 2015
Please do NOT NOT NOT use this thelegaldeedpollservice.org.uk/.

I have applied Name change for a disabled pensioner online and the above company tried to withdraw £1500 rejected, 1000 rejected and then 500 from her debit account but fortunately the Bank locked her account after 3 times. She had only £30 quid on account.

Their website looks professional.
All phone numbers. email addresses and branch names and address on the website are fake.

Ta

13 Comments

I'm pretty sure that it isn't the website that's scammed you...

Just to let you and anyone else know, you don't have to pay to change your name legally by deed poll.
Free deed poll

We used this last year to change the name on the passport.
We was told by the post office that we needed to get it done by a solicitor who was going to charge over £100 +VAT.
Looked online, did our research and found this, no problems at all. Just ensure you print it off on a professional looking paper as suggested on the link.
The staff members at the post office wasn't even aware of this free service.

Edited by: "just1990" 18th Mar 2015

I had a similar experience with them over a week ago. I made payment via PayPal and I am yet to get my documents back from them. I have now opened a case with PayPal for refund of my money. All numbers and emails on the website are fake. I later found the free deed poll on line, which I used eventually. Everyone please beware!

They need to be reported to trading standard so they don't continue to con people.
Remember,when you use the free deed poll service, print out. your deed poll using a parchment paper. it comes out nicer than using plain paper.

fbz1986

How do you know that? Have you had any first hand experience with them?

I wasn't aware you could do them online for free. Mine was £80 for Two raised copies (which are the ones people have always asked for) and three copies of them.

My brother attempted to find it cheaper and was scammed out of £40 with no name change.

kathrynnn

I wasn't aware you could do them online for free. Mine was £80 for Two … I wasn't aware you could do them online for free. Mine was £80 for Two raised copies (which are the ones people have always asked for) and three copies of them. My brother attempted to find it cheaper and was scammed out of £40 with no name change.

I did mine for free years ago, I have the relevant forms (fill in the blanks type) stored in my email and have shared them with at least half a dozen members on here to use too over the years. There is no need to register with any service at all, its all free and legal.

Banned

How did you come across that website?

harlzter

I did mine for free years ago, I have the relevant forms (fill in the … I did mine for free years ago, I have the relevant forms (fill in the blanks type) stored in my email and have shared them with at least half a dozen members on here to use too over the years. There is no need to register with any service at all, its all free and legal.

Perhaps its because I had changed mine before I turned 16. With only one parents permission. I had to have atleast one that had a raised badge thing in the corner. Or it wouldn't of been accepted at school, college, bank etc. The only thing I can think of though, is the reasons stated above. I'll have to look into the one for free for my brother though.

Original Poster

fbz1986

Why do say you are sure.

Just go to the website and complete the application and just enter some names, incorrect VISA DEBIT CARD number and they will say your card has been accepted and your application has been successful.

Try to call any of the phone numbers listed at the bottom of the website or check the post code via google maps, they are all fake phone numbers and fake addresses.

Just try to call this number:

Legal Deed Poll Service (England)
Ground Floor
Kirby Street
London
England
EC1N 8TE
T: 020 3743 9697
E: london@legaldeedpoll.org.uk

Original Poster

Villa

How did you come across that website?

Google search. If you type Deed Poll, this site comes the 3nd or 5th on the list.

I believe Google should be liable for these types of websites who are steeling other's people money.

shariifi

Google search. If you type Deed Poll, this site comes the 3nd or 5th on … Google search. If you type Deed Poll, this site comes the 3nd or 5th on the list.I believe Google should be liable for these types of websites who are steeling other's people money.

Shame you didn't google for some reviews first...

http://www.reviews.co.uk/company-reviews/store/the-legal-deed-poll-service

Glad your bank were quick at picking it up.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions