Beware Of Asda (Terrible Customer Service)

125 replies
Found 14th Oct 2016
Note : 15/10/2016 I Have Opened The Laptop And It Is All Fine But Now Want To Know How I Can Complain Against The Manager Due To The Way He Had Acted

Hi There I Am Writing To Let Everyone Know About My Terrible Experience At Asda.

Yesterday I Went To Buy A Laptop. After I Had Payed I Had Noticed Seal Was Broken And The Box Says "Check Contents If Seal Is Broken." So I Had Opened The Box But Did Not Fully Check And Asked The Person On The Desk If I Could Have Another Box ( This Was For My Older Sons Birthday And Did Not Want It To Look Like I Bought Second Hand).

She Said "No" But Said She Would Bring The Manager To See If He Could Do Anything.

So The Manager Came And Came And Said That They Are All Sealed And Had ACCUSED ME OF BREAKING THE SEAL. (Which I Think Is Wrong ).

So... He Goes And Checks The CCTV And Says We Have Opened The Box And Opened The Seal With Our Nails. (The Seal Was Very Tough And Could Only Be Opened By Knife). So Again He Is Throwing False Accusations.

The Thing I Find Wrong Is That When He Said We Cant Sell Anyone A Unsealed Product. Is It OK To Sell One To Me???

People May Think What Is The Big Deal About The Seal. Well Since They Are A Big Company They Should Deal With Every Matter With Professionalism But They Did The Opposite.

The Way The Had Thrown Accusations At Me Was Completely Wrong For A Big Company.

Feel Free To Comment Below

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
125 Comments

Every word starting with a capital?

Anyway on topic, if you hadn't left the shop i find this strange why they wouldn't exchange, did you check the contents inside as the seal states?

Original Poster

Yes I Did Check But I Wanted A Sealed One As It Was A Present But I Hadn't Even Left The Store And They Wouldn't Exchange.

I suppose your main gripe is how you were dealt with, I agree no excuse to be shirty with customers. Could you not return it and buy another sealed one the next day.

Original Poster

If They Would Not Take It Then ( Only Told Them About 45 Seconds After Purchase ). Why Would They Return Next Day ??? Just Shows You That They Are Con Artists

That's impressive typing every word with a CAPITAL.

Original Poster

Sensible comments only please

This is the problem with buying things in store you can only return afterwards if there is a fault with the item, the merchant may have a returns or cancellation policy but they do not have to for these types of purchases by law. Did you happen to order for click and collect by any chance OP?
Edited by: "johnwillowlfc" 14th Oct 2016

Original Poster

Actually I just went in store and picked the laptop. I did not order by click and collect

umaransar

Actually I just went in store and picked the laptop. I did not order by … Actually I just went in store and picked the laptop. I did not order by click and collect

Ah ok unless there is a fault with the laptop which is a manufacturing defect there does not look like there is much you can do, i think what jjsm639 was meaning if you go back the next day you may speak to different manger who may be a bit more understanding and may exchange, i suppose it could be worth a try

My question would be, was there anything actually up with the laptop to need another one? You can't open something and then ask for another with a seal on unless it was damaged or something in the box.

Original Poster

Thanks but did not expect the manager to act rude by accusing .....

Original Poster

stevemack

My question would be, was there anything actually up with the laptop to … My question would be, was there anything actually up with the laptop to need another one? You can't open something and then ask for another with a seal on unless it was damaged or something in the box.

​I Did Not Damage The Seal. It Was Already Broken

Is the laptop okay? Everything there?

Original Poster

Payed By Cash But Still Got Receipt And Yes Laptop Was Over £100

Original Poster

CaptCShadow

Is the laptop okay? Everything there?

​Everything Was There But The Way They Were Acting Were Bad

1) Accusing Me Of Breaking Seal For No Reason

2) Would Not Exchange After 45 Seconds After Purchase

Like most shops, they have a 30 day guarantee. As long as you have the receipt, surely it can be dealt with at the Customer Service Desk.

CaptCShadow

Like most shops, they have a 30 day guarantee. As long as you have the … Like most shops, they have a 30 day guarantee. As long as you have the receipt, surely it can be dealt with at the Customer Service Desk.

Whats this 30 day guarantee most shops have?

they may have opened it in store to show another customer what it looked like. Argos do this all the time. if its all in there then why the argument, if it had parts missing then sure complain and fight for a swap. just tell your son you checked it to make sure all there.

Original Poster

CaptCShadow

Like most shops, they have a 30 day guarantee. As long as you have the … Like most shops, they have a 30 day guarantee. As long as you have the receipt, surely it can be dealt with at the Customer Service Desk.

​Yes But In The End Of The Day It Is How They Dealt With The Matter. I Have Bought Electricals Off Other Company And Have Not Had A Single Problem. This Is The First One I Have Had.

CaptCShadow

Do you mean this? your.asda.com/abo…nds

Original Poster

t3rm3y

they may have opened it in store to show another customer what it looked … they may have opened it in store to show another customer what it looked like. Argos do this all the time. if its all in there then why the argument, if it had parts missing then sure complain and fight for a swap. just tell your son you checked it to make sure all there.

​Well This Is The Point. They Say They Don't Open Up Boxes For Customers To See The Item. I Get What You Say About Argos As They Are Not A Problem But These Claim They Dont Open For Customers.

johnwillowlfc

Do you mean this? http://your.asda.com/about-asda/exchanges-and-refunds

​Yep.

OP please see link above

'Changed your mind?
If you’ve changed your mind, simply return the product in the original packaging with all components included, along with the original receipt or proof of purchase.'

Does not say anything about it has to be sealed, i would refer the management to this

t3rm3y

they may have opened it in store to show another customer what it looked … they may have opened it in store to show another customer what it looked like. Argos do this all the time. if its all in there then why the argument, if it had parts missing then sure complain and fight for a swap. just tell your son you checked it to make sure all there.

​Exactly what I was thinking.

Original Poster

CaptCShadow

​Yep.

​Thanks But Seriously Doubt They Would

Original Poster

Thanks But Doubt They Would .

johnwillowlfc

OP please see link above'Changed your mind?If you’ve changed your mind, s … OP please see link above'Changed your mind?If you’ve changed your mind, simply return the product in the original packaging with all components included, along with the original receipt or proof of purchase.'Does not say anything about it has to be sealed, i would refer the management to this

​Definitely doesn't have to be sealed. I used to work at Asda and saw plenty items that has been opened and were still taken back.

CaptCShadow

​Definitely doesn't have to be sealed. I used to work at Asda and saw p … ​Definitely doesn't have to be sealed. I used to work at Asda and saw plenty items that has been opened and were still taken back.

Surely OP can still return then in that case

Original Poster

CaptCShadow

​Definitely doesn't have to be sealed. I used to work at Asda and saw p … ​Definitely doesn't have to be sealed. I used to work at Asda and saw plenty items that has been opened and were still taken back.

​Yes But If They Wouldn't Take A 45 Second Purchased Item. What Chance Do I Have ????

johnwillowlfc

Surely OP can still return then in that case

​I see no reason why not. Just hope someone different deals with exchanging it.

umaransar

​Yes But If They Wouldn't Take A 45 Second Purchased Item. What Chance Do … ​Yes But If They Wouldn't Take A 45 Second Purchased Item. What Chance Do I Have ????

I would seriously try again and refer to the 30 day returns policy they have in place if they say no, by any chance did you pay by credit card? And im assuming the laptop cost more than £100?

Original Poster

Payed By Cash But Still Have Receipt

^ ^ ^
Some more info about what you actually purchased would be handy.

Original Poster

CaptCShadow

^ ^ ^Some more info about what you actually purchased would be handy.

Please specify what you want to know

Why haven't you called customer service?

if there's nothing wrong with it, just move on with your life

Just complain to head office. Your gripe is with how you were treated so speak to someone higher up who will investigate.

umaransar

If They Would Not Take It Then ( Only Told Them About 45 Seconds After … If They Would Not Take It Then ( Only Told Them About 45 Seconds After Purchase ). Why Would They Return Next Day ??? Just Shows You That They Are Con Artists

​on hot deals ?

not seen one since I joined

Not related to bad customer service here as they did rectify my problem, I ordered a pair of shoes for click and collect, when I got home yesterday and opened the bag there was one shoe inside!! They did deal with the problem, but who packs one shoe??!!

I'm really struggling with all the capitals here

OP... either

1. Do as advised, and take it back and speak to a different manager - you could even return to another store if you wish.

2. Do as advised, suck it up, and move on.

I really don't know what more you're expecting anyone to say.

One person's bad experience doesn't make Asda con-artists.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. CEX grading44
    2. Best/cheapest music service69
    3. meaning of op33
    4. How do you transfer files to an Android device over wifi?22

See more discussions