Expired

Beware of EBAY scam for SSD drives

Editor 16
Found 8th Mar 2013
Please be careful on ebay when looking for SSD drives!
There are some 256gb ones on for £9.99 claiming to be from the uk...
The listing was made from china and looks more than dodgy.

I have reported the listings in question to ebay and they will be removed shortly!
In the meantime...make sure you check out the sellers with an extra sharp eye....

Just a friendly notice

Neo

16 Comments

Thanks for the notice.

Let's just hope that people can see when something is clearly far too cheap.

Original Poster Editor

Darkle

Thanks for the notice.Let's just hope that people can see when something … Thanks for the notice.Let's just hope that people can see when something is clearly far too cheap.

Yeah! personally i am waiting for 256gb @ £100 mark (in for a long wait)
Did a lowest first and buy it now on ebay and there it was! Straight on to online chat and they tell me they are onto it!

Sad thing is... there was 1 purchased when i reported it...not there are 5 that have been bought!

The listing was made from china

Unusual would have thought it was legit

Original Poster Editor

OldEnglish

Unusual would have thought it was legit

haha yeah!

Anybody paying £9.99 for a 256gb SSD deserves all they get imo. Sorry.

Original Poster Editor

deeky

Not really, some people aren't as savvy and my just think it's a misprice and jump on it. The whole reason i posted this was to help
people out.

deeky

This.

I think take all warning stickers off everything and let nature sort itself out...

NeoTrix

Not really, some people aren't as savvy and my just think it's a misprice … Not really, some people aren't as savvy and my just think it's a misprice and jump on it. The whole reason i posted this was to helppeople out.

Sorry, but anyone savvy enough to be looking at SSD's should be savvy enough to avoid these.

I stand by my comment.

ebay.co.uk/itm…592?pt=UK_Computing_Other_Computing_Networking&hash=item460d651340

DescriptionUpgrading your laptop with this high quality hard drive will … DescriptionUpgrading your laptop with this high quality hard drive will help you store all your memorable pictures and family videos safely just as your confidential business documents.- 1 TB / 1000 GB brand new retail packaging hard drive- industry leading laptop hard drive brands which ensure you high quality, speed, reliability at the most competitive price- installation guide

do you mean this

256GB HP PAVILION DV5 2132DX DV5 2133LA DV5 2134CA SOLID STATE DRIVE SSD £9.99
From China
Item location:
广州, 廣東省, China
Post to:
Worldwide

from a seller with 0 feedback and it says "china" several times..

£9.99 Bargain!!!!! Im buying all of em right now. Cheeers op, should be in Deals section though. (_;)

NeoTrix

Wasn't me actually....Please refrain from trolling.

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll280/psburtis/SarcasticLaugh.png

NeoTrix

Not really, some people aren't as savvy and my just think it's a misprice … Not really, some people aren't as savvy and my just think it's a misprice and jump on it. The whole reason i posted this was to helppeople out.

Aren't as savvy? They would have to be a complete effin **** ffs.

Banned

NeoTrix

Yeah! personally i am waiting for 256gb @ £100 mark (in for a long … Yeah! personally i am waiting for 256gb @ £100 mark (in for a long wait)Did a lowest first and buy it now on ebay and there it was! Straight on to online chat and they tell me they are onto it!Sad thing is... there was 1 purchased when i reported it...not there are 5 that have been bought!

So you've probably just cost a few members money by posting this crap. Not much help at all TBH.

Thanks for the link.
Ordered.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.