Beware of extra costs with Travel Republic online bookings

5 replies
Found 10th May 2009
I booked my daughter's holiday using TravelRepublic.co.uk and found one at an excellent price - beating all other websites I could find!

However, we took her to Gatwick today and at check-in we were told that Baggage was not included in the price. We ended up having to pay an extra £64 for her and her boyfriend to check in one suitcase each. So her bargain holiday ended up not being such a bargain after all :-(

There was no mention of this on the website - although I suspect it will be hidden in the T&C's somewhere, so just thought I'd make people of this (and the importance of actually reading those horrible T&C's!).

1. Misc
  2. Book
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Book
5 Comments

check the terms and conditions and make sure its there.......if not then i would severely kick off with the company!

are u you 100% it wasnt on the last page just before you fill in your details etc under the extras section, i have used them loads and booked my dads holiday just 3 weeks ago as his flight was with easyjet he had to pay extra for the baggage and also select his transfers etc all on the last page

Original Poster

Thanks. I will check out the T&C's because I didn't see on the last page.

I've used them loads of times for flights- car hire and car parking, think they offer great service.
I had a problem with getting charged again for picking up a car in Ireland and they sorted it out
promptly.
As others have said, recheck T & C or give them a ring , i'm sure they will be willing to help

found them really good have to pay for baggage on line as everything is seperate
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    2. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659
    4. word association Game74244933

See more discussions