Found 21st May 2009
Last week i was looking for bike carriers on halfords and i found a high mount 3 bike carrier for £ 56.

Earyly today morning i get an email informing me about 50% sale on all items including bike carriers. I check the item in question and guess what. they modified the details to have retail price to £ 89 and sale price to be £ 56.

What's the point of having a sale if the price remains the same.

5 Comments

Banned

They put the price at one of their stores nationwide at £89 for 28 days, they can then say at the rest of their stores £56 SALE. Completely legal.

Blame the rules made up by the Government, not the player.

Banned

Dont sweat it. £49.99 when it comes back in stock

amazon.co.uk/Mon…8-1

lumoruk;5279057

They put the price at one of their stores nationwide at £89 for 28 days, … They put the price at one of their stores nationwide at £89 for 28 days, they can then say at the rest of their stores £56 SALE. Completely legal. Blame the rules made up by the Government, not the player.

Surely retailers don't deliberately inflate the prices of items to make them look a bargain - I'm horrified! :lol:

i wouldn't buy anything from halfrauds

Last month I was going to buy a car stereo from Halfords it was priced at £139.99 with free fitting ( had already supposedly been reduced from £159.99 - the day before I was going to place an order it shot up to £179.99 thanks to their new "sale"

Being dense I thought I would try again this month with a different stereo - yesterday it was £88.08 and today thanks to their "sale" it is £99.99

I've decided not to shop with Halfords again.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition77883
    2. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!77
    3. Win a villa holiday for two in Portugal with Four Seasons Fairways @ Sunday…1111
    4. Win a trip to Dublin, with Ireland.com via Classic FM23

See more discussions