BEWARE: People coming to you with a "Business proposal" - ACN scam/Pyramid scheme

Found 10th May 2014
So recently a number of my acquaintances (wouldn't call them friends now) have joined this ACN pyramid scheme. They are desperate to recruit me and anyone I know.

They all approached me the same way. "I have a business proposition". "You can make £2000 a month". It sounded fishy straight off the boat.

They all were reluctant to explain what it is and insisted on coming to a meeting.

I did some digging and it's pretty much a scam. You pay a fee to become a member which these guys have done. I assume they are being pushed to recruit in order to get their money back.

Pretty desperate to make their money back it seems. Even if it means suckering a few friends along the way.

So yeah I mean it's pretty much common sense these days but unfortunately a lot of people look like are being tricked. Thought I'd get the word out on HUKD.
Community Updates
MiscBusiness
19 Comments
It was Amway in my day, I even went to a conference.......... Pyramid schemes, sell to your friends, cringeworthy!
my mate always trying to get me to sign up to this one using his link utilitywarehouse.co.uk/

thing is i did two mins digging around and realized i could start where he is by using this link uwopportunity.co.uk/

and he kept on trying to get me to come to some sort of meeting

Unlike most energy companies and resellers Utility Warehouse operates by network marketing which means its customers are encouraged to sell on the product to their friends and they get commission for it.
Edited by: "larrylightweight" 10th May 2014
deleted57959

£2000.00 a month, you mean a full time job? who are they targeting, the … £2000.00 a month, you mean a full time job? who are they targeting, the Chavs?

probably all the stay at home mums that frequent this site, quite a user base to penetrate here.
Herbalife is another isn't it? Or 'horrible life' as the TV reported thought the Indian guy was saying :-)
yeah I had a thread asking about this its a scam check my thread out
If it sounds too good to be true ....................
Also my friend told me i will make 30k a month. Alarm bells ringing right away. Wouldnt tell me the name of the company/scheme/business/opportunity. Demanded i attend a 'meeting'. However i did some digging and i found them to be ACN.

Heres a article, read it to the end and you will see exactly why these people are desperate to recruit people.

arystoteles.pl/nmf…php
Edited by: "J4GG4" 10th May 2014
Look ignore these silly scams. I am a prince of the umbongo tribe down here in the Congo. My father, the rich and powerful king, sadly died and I need a British bank account to pay his vast wealth in to. If you can help me I can pay you 4684235799 British pounds.

Please forward to me all your account details including pin numbers.
Graham1979

Look ignore these silly scams. I am a prince of the umbongo tribe down … Look ignore these silly scams. I am a prince of the umbongo tribe down here in the Congo. My father, the rich and powerful king, sadly died and I need a British bank account to pay his vast wealth in to. If you can help me I can pay you 4684235799 British pounds.Please forward to me all your account details including pin numbers.

details sent.....
this is so funny, this guy at work is telling me to do the same thing, he is asking for £200, I dont think he is trying to scam me, I think he actually thinks its going to work. He was telling me how he needs 3 more people to sign up then he will move up in ranks, he was also sent a gold coin which is meant to mean something special.

It was all cringeworthy but he seemed so determined I just said I;ll think about it.
You dont want to be on top of this pyramid
larrylightweight

my mate always trying to get me to sign up to this one using his link … my mate always trying to get me to sign up to this one using his link https://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk/thing is i did two mins digging around and realized i could start where he is by using this link https://www.uwopportunity.co.uk/and he kept on trying to get me to come to some sort of meeting Unlike most energy companies and resellers Utility Warehouse operates by network marketing which means its customers are encouraged to sell on the product to their friends and they get commission for it.

You can buy your Utilities with Utility Warehouse without working for them. I have my gas and electric with them and they are cheaper than the others.
sreddar

Herbalife is another isn't it? Or 'horrible life' as the TV reported … Herbalife is another isn't it? Or 'horrible life' as the TV reported thought the Indian guy was saying :-)

Yeah Herbalife is the same. A friend of a friend made a killing on it in the local gyms before word got out though.
hasj2

this is so funny, this guy at work is telling me to do the same thing, he … this is so funny, this guy at work is telling me to do the same thing, he is asking for £200, I dont think he is trying to scam me, I think he actually thinks its going to work. He was telling me how he needs 3 more people to sign up then he will move up in ranks, he was also sent a gold coin which is meant to mean something special.It was all cringeworthy but he seemed so determined I just said I;ll think about it.

Thats the thing, these 'scammers' attack the vulnerable. ie... those who need money, those who need a career change, those fed up with where they are working and working on peanuts. People are GENUINELY fooled into believing they will make 30k a month.

Luckily i am comfortable in life i do not need to be drawn into this false hope fully based on you dragging other unsuspecting recruits into the 'meeting' to force them to sign up to such a thing. There is only 1 winner here, the owner of these schemes.

Donald trump should be ashamed of himself, making 'dirty' money like this, as he is also part of it.
Edited by: "J4GG4" 11th May 2014
J4GG4

Thats the thing, these 'scammers' attack the vulnerable. ie... those who … Thats the thing, these 'scammers' attack the vulnerable. ie... those who need money, those who need a career change, those fed up with where they are working and working on peanuts. People are GENUINELY fooled into believing they will make 30k a month.Luckily i am comfortable in life i do not need to be drawn into this false hope fully based on you dragging other unsuspecting recruits into the 'meeting' to force them to sign up to such a thing. There is only 1 winner here, the owner of these schemes.Donald trump should be ashamed of himself, making 'dirty' money like this, as he is also part of it.

Money and ethics rarely go hand in hand.
Trust me there's no money to be made in pyramid selling ... They're too far away and I think Egypt already owns them.

Stick to a good old fashioned buy to let over here instead !
J4GG4

Thats the thing, these 'scammers' attack the vulnerable. ie... those who … Thats the thing, these 'scammers' attack the vulnerable. ie... those who need money, those who need a career change, those fed up with where they are working and working on peanuts. People are GENUINELY fooled into believing they will make 30k a month.Luckily i am comfortable in life i do not need to be drawn into this false hope fully based on you dragging other unsuspecting recruits into the 'meeting' to force them to sign up to such a thing. There is only 1 winner here, the owner of these schemes.Donald trump should be ashamed of himself, making 'dirty' money like this, as he is also part of it.

Doubt Donald Trump cares. I think he cares more about his hair than other human beings. The true American Psycho.
Am I back in 2005 oO
WheresMeNuts

Am I back in 2005 oO

No your in 2014 and its still going on SHOCK HORROR!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants