ebay.

Buy a new laptop

Or anywhere

try
    cclonline

Original Poster

strike;8167440

Buy a new laptopOr anywhere

dont laptops need speical HDDs or can you just put normal ones in ther?

Banned

black gerbil1;8167461

probably has a special one. There should be a specific one made for the laptop though. Do you need it for extra space or because it has failed ?

Banned

cant find out if its sata or ide, it's an ancient machine!

its a 2.5 laptop drive, find out if its sata or ide then get from below
    if you pull out the drive, it will tell you the type on the label

sata

ebuyer.com/sea…274

or ide

ebuyer.com/sea…=19

Original Poster

ryman1000;8167475

probably has a special one. There should be a specific one made for the … probably has a special one. There should be a specific one made for the laptop though. Do you need it for extra space or because it has failed ?

its failed, I can just replace it i think? i want one from currys or maplins so i can go in-store and pick it up

jubbyme;8167476

cant find out if its sata or ide, it's an ancient machine!its a 2.5 … cant find out if its sata or ide, it's an ancient machine!its a 2.5 laptop drive, find out if its sata or ide then get from belowif you pull out the drive, it will tell you the type on the labelsatahttp://www.ebuyer.com/search?page=1&q=2.5+laptop+drive&subcat=2274or idehttp://www.ebuyer.com/search?page=1&q=2.5+laptop+drive&subcat=19

thanks
    mumbojumbo;8167478

Just replaced a similar one. The one to get is the Samsung HM160HC 160GB … Just replaced a similar one. The one to get is the Samsung HM160HC 160GB 2.5" IDE drive. Fastest in its class - they're about £40 (were on offer a week ago - Ebuyer, Dabs).

repped all

black gerbil1;8167461

2.5" ide you need

Had 1 of these laptops; crap.

Banned

You can replace it quite easily. Think acers come with a three year parts warranty, worth looking into that, or you could just use your ipad :whistling:

Surely the mighty BG1 wouldn't have an Acer?, did you forget to add it's for a friend in the OP?

Banned

greg_68;8168135

Surely the mighty BG1 wouldn't have an Acer?, did you forget to add it's … Surely the mighty BG1 wouldn't have an Acer?, did you forget to add it's for a friend in the OP?

Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk55
      2. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains109
      3. Win a Free minion usb stick1010
      4. totalev.com comp - win an electric car2121

See more discussions