Found 8th Jan 2011
hey guys i am fully comp with swinton, does anybody know if this means I can drive another fully comp car on third party.

They say it depends on the insurance company you are with. I phoned them and they are closed, so i have to wait till monday because I cant find paper work.

Im wondering if anybody on switon fully comp can confirm or not

thanks

11 Comments

doubt it

I thought it was standard with all car insurances that if you were insured full comp then you are eligible to drive another car with permission of owner but would only be covered third party !

I have drove a few friends cars on the understanding of this tbh , and friends are all under the same impression !
Edited by: "shopstilldrops" 8th Jan 2011

Original Poster

mumbojumbo

Swinton is just a broker. Who is the underwriter and what does it say in … Swinton is just a broker. Who is the underwriter and what does it say in your policy?

as said in first post I do not have the paperwork

shopstilldrops

I thought it was standard with all car insurances that if you were … I thought it was standard with all car insurances that if you were insured full comp then you are eligible to drive another car with permission of owner but would only be covered third party !I have drove a few friends cars on the understanding of this tbh , and friends are all under the same impression !

Its not standard on all policies, insurance companies have been taking it off over the past few years. I think one of the main reasons is because of traders abusing it for their benefit.

I think this excludes drivers under 25. I think I have read this on a policy of mine sometime. The car that you want to drive has got to be insured as well..

mumbojumbo

Policies for young drivers often exclude this.

Well unfortunatly i dont fall into that category , lol.....what age is classed as young driver btw ?..under 21 or 25 ?

BG1 have you tried going on swinton website and see if that says anything ?

edna_clouds

I think this excludes drivers under 25. I think I have read this on a … I think this excludes drivers under 25. I think I have read this on a policy of mine sometime. The car that you want to drive has got to be insured as well..

Noone can say anything like this for sure because its different for each insurance company.

Banned

Brah no need to insure bicycles.

Original Poster

ill just wait till monday

HaHaHaHa...The big money bags using a cheapskate broker like Swinton.

as long as the car is insured, just drive it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition56529
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle56
    3. Free flights to Europe712
    4. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)44

See more discussions