Groups

bg1: is it possbile for a website to know your home address....

if they have your IP address from your ISP.

if we buy something of Amazon or another site, from our IP address, can they know were we live exactly?

15 Comments

Not exactly.

Banned

yes I know where you live

do you mean you been looking at things you shouldn't have been looking at ? They will catch you X)

Original Poster

BooshHead

Not exactly.

can you explain further please

As far as I know your internet provider will of course know your address from your IP, but other websites will only know your general area.

Banned

dog_cop

http://tinyurl.com/4j3gwdy

like I said .. can you hear the sirens ?

Big Brother.

am i missing something here?
    "if we buy something of Amazon or another site, from our IP address, can they know were we live exactly?"
    surely they'll know from your billing/delivery address?

Banned

Inb4 the computer was owned by Gary Glitter and it doesn't mean anything you've got my IP address or found out where I live Copper.

I thought that was basically what the ACS:Law cases were based on for music piracy?

only if you prefix all your forum posts with your tag name

your ip address unless you have purchased it can change at anytime, it is assigned from a range by your ISP

excellent logic

hermanjelmet

am i missing something here?"if we buy something of Amazon or another … am i missing something here?"if we buy something of Amazon or another site, from our IP address, can they know were we live exactly?"surely they'll know from your billing/delivery address?

Edited by: "dt_matthews" 13th Feb 2011

Banned

guv

Inb4 the computer was owned by Gary Glitter and it doesn't mean anything … Inb4 the computer was owned by Gary Glitter and it doesn't mean anything you've got my IP address or found out where I live Copper.

err and you forgot " you`ll never take me alive copper "
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…6621265
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread418014162
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3961642
      4. Jeremy Corbyn #traingate78

See more discussions