bg1: looking to by bulk mobile phones

Found 1st Aug 2011
say a box of 40+ mobile phones, all the same, LEGIT.

Were is the best place to go? I want to cut the middle man out
Community Updates
24 Comments
Banned
new or defunct ones?
Original Poster
new ones, i dont really want expensive ones, i need them for an event, appox 40-60.

I am wondering how one goes though the what channels to get one cutting out the middle man.
Banned
lol @ cut the middle man out
you need to be buying a lot more than 40 phones to cut any middle men out - try elitemobile.com/ or similar but they are likely to want a business account setting up and a valid VAT number.
Banned
black gerbil1

new ones, i dont really want expensive ones, i need them for an event

in that case cpw or somewhere - business sales, just try for payt ones, they usually have them for around a tenner. You will have to do it as a business though as personal customers are limited to about 2 per person
You need burners so the Feds can't get you on a wire fam?
You'll need to buy direct from the manufacturer to cut out the middle-man. It's more a point of cutting out as many middle-men as possible, which means you'll need to buy on a B2B basis from a direct wholesaler.
Original Poster
yes DXX that is what I want, B2B.

Original Poster
numptyj

You need burners so the Feds can't get you on a wire fam?

no need when you got em on the pay role
Banned
black gerbil1

yes DXX that is what I want, B2B.

did you not read my posts?
If you are not VAT registered with a storefront you are unlikely to get anywhere near a distributer. They will also likely want more than 40 phones order.
Also you will pay alot more than the likes iof CPW will sell to you for. A phone CPW sell for a tenner will cost £50+ then you get box bonuses of say £20 for shifting over 500 a month, then say £30 commission for activation and topping up. So the phone is effectively free (or maybe a minus price depending on how many you shift in a month). Thats why they insist on your buying a top up so as they don't get a clawback for unactivated phones.

The big boys like CPW, phones4u etc are really your only option.
Original Poster
colinsunderland

did you not read my posts? If you are not VAT registered with a … did you not read my posts? If you are not VAT registered with a storefront you are unlikely to get anywhere near a distributer. They will also likely want more than 40 phones order.Also you will pay alot more than the likes iof CPW will sell to you for. A phone CPW sell for a tenner will cost £50+ then you get box bonuses of say £20 for shifting over 500 a month, then say £30 commission for activation and topping up. So the phone is effectively free (or maybe a minus price depending on how many you shift in a month). Thats why they insist on your buying a top up so as they don't get a clawback for unactivated phones.

yeah I did, and i am VAT reg'd.

why do you always come across as a pompus Gashole? do you hate me because I gross *450mil last tax year

(*unofficially, dont need IRA on my case, cook the books.)

Banned
I probably have about 40 old phones sitting in drawers about the house. Shall we take it to PM now?
Banned
black gerbil1

yeah I did, and i am VAT reg'd.why do you always come across as a pompus … yeah I did, and i am VAT reg'd.why do you always come across as a pompus Gashole? do you hate me because I gross *450mil last tax year (*unofficially, dont need IRA on my case, cook the books.)

oh well, you obviously know best, don't cry when you find out you won't get near a distributor, not even sure why you are asking on here for advice when you know more than anyone else.

I gave you proper advice that you asked for, as I worked in the industry for 15 years, I dislike you from that night you admitted on here that if it were legal you would sleep with 13 year old girls.

Heres a couple of distributers I used to use

http://www.ebsdistribution.com/home/index.php
http://www.mcdlimited.co.uk/Home.aspx

EBS were the better of the 2
Banned
colinsunderland

I gave you proper advice that you asked for, as I worked in the industry … I gave you proper advice that you asked for, as I worked in the industry for 15 years, I dislike you from that night you admitted on here that if it were legal you would sleep with 13 year old girls.

Oh
Then why would you try and help someone like that?
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

http://th1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd427/2nd2ndalto/th_tumblr_lfwy5pDscZ1qgdylfo1_250.gif
Original Poster
colinsunderland

oh well, you obviously know best, don't cry when you find out you won't … oh well, you obviously know best, don't cry when you find out you won't get near a distributor, not even sure why you are asking on here for advice when you know more than anyone else.I gave you proper advice that you asked for, as I worked in the industry for 15 years, I dislike you from that night you admitted on here that if it were legal you would sleep with 13 year old girls.Heres a couple of distributers I used to usehttp://www.ebsdistribution.com/home/index.phphttp://www.mcdlimited.co.uk/Home.aspxEBS were the better of the 2

thanks for the link, dont places like this have minimum orders for some contacts, like say a case of X, or all orders must be over £500 etc etc
Banned
yes, thats what i was trying to say
mobile phones are different to most other things you can buy in bulk, as they work on commissions and bonuses, they don't work like other products where you buy something for say a fiver, sell for a tenner and theres your fiver profit.
As an example, say CPW sell a PAYG phone for £9.95, they don't buy it for £5, they probably pay around £50 for them, then it works like this
Phone costs £50
If they sell 100 a month they get £5 bonus
200/month £10 bonus
500/ month £20 bonus
1000/ month £30 bonus
then when the phone is activated and a £10 top up applied they get commission of say £30 for getting the new customer for the network

Somewhere like CPW can easily sell 1000 phones @ a tenner a month so they get top bonus payment. Then they almost guarantee the connection bonus by forcing you to buy a top up.

They make money from the bonuses not from what the customer pays in store.

They get £30 box bonus, then £30 activation bonus and £10 from the customer for the phone making £70, they pay £50 for the phone leaving £20 profit per handset.

You can't do that as you want a one off batch of 40 phones, so you won't get the box bonus. So even if you want the hassle of signing up with a distributor, waiting while they check trade references, send a rep out, waiting 60 days for the activation bonus etc, you will still pay more than you would by just walking into a shop and buying them over the counter.

CPW, phones4u etc do business deals, you will be much better off just going to them direct, or even ringing the networks direct, you will just buy the phones, and thats it.

You may get a distributor to sell you 40 phones if they are having a bad month, but again, they are unlikely to beat shop price by much if anything.
black gerbil1

yeah I did, and i am VAT reg'd.why do you always come across as a pompus … yeah I did, and i am VAT reg'd.why do you always come across as a pompus Gashole? do you hate me because I gross *450mil last tax year (*unofficially, dont need IRA on my case, cook the books.)

Well you obviously don't need any advice from us, you should be giving advice, not seeking it.
colinsunderland

yes, thats what i was trying to saymobile phones are different to most … yes, thats what i was trying to saymobile phones are different to most other things you can buy in bulk, as they work on commissions and bonuses, they don't work like other products where you buy something for say a fiver, sell for a tenner and theres your fiver profit.As an example, say CPW sell a PAYG phone for £9.95, they don't buy it for £5, they probably pay around £50 for them, then it works like thisPhone costs £50If they sell 100 a month they get £5 bonus200/month £10 bonus500/ month £20 bonus1000/ month £30 bonusthen when the phone is activated and a £10 top up applied they get commission of say £30 for getting the new customer for the networkSomewhere like CPW can easily sell 1000 phones @ a tenner a month so they get top bonus payment. Then they almost guarantee the connection bonus by forcing you to buy a top up.They make money from the bonuses not from what the customer pays in store.They get £30 box bonus, then £30 activation bonus and £10 from the customer for the phone making £70, they pay £50 for the phone leaving £20 profit per handset.You can't do that as you want a one off batch of 40 phones, so you won't get the box bonus. So even if you want the hassle of signing up with a distributor, waiting while they check trade references, send a rep out, waiting 60 days for the activation bonus etc, you will still pay more than you would by just walking into a shop and buying them over the counter.CPW, phones4u etc do business deals, you will be much better off just going to them direct, or even ringing the networks direct, you will just buy the phones, and thats it.You may get a distributor to sell you 40 phones if they are having a bad month, but again, they are unlikely to beat shop price by much if anything.

http://www.signsbypost.com/lg_images/Don-t-be-a-DINGBAT-5128-Keith-Lemon-Vinyl-Sticker-Decal.jpg
diesel_508

I don't get it, when the advice was sound
Have a scout on Ebay, see if you can phone a pretty decent phone dealer, then send them a message explaining what you want.

That's probably you're best bet to negotiate a decent cost for a smallish amount.
was also going to suggest contacting a "shop seller" on fleabay ... it all depends on the style of phone you're wanting ... ie just one that makes phone calls or the all singing all dancing ones ...
This the guy you need to speak to:http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/7923/terry200x150.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
http://images2.fanpop.com/image/photos/11100000/Breaking-Bad-Season-3-Saul-Goodman-breaking-bad-11163352-760-535.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants