bg1: need a tv/monitor that can play Xbox and PC

10 replies
Found 30th Nov 2010
im looking for a 20" monitor that i can use for my xbox withoit it screcthing the screen, I currently have a smasung 206bw, but when i connect my xbox it stretches teh screen.

any ideas?

10 Comments

What's that in English?

Original Poster

im looking for a tv/monitor that I can use for my xbox but also pc

Original Poster

my moniotr at the mo is :16:10, would I need a 16:9 to play xbox aand ps3?

Yes 16:9.

Although I would expect with some tweaking in the Xbox Video settings you could have the unstretched picture (may be some black bars but at least it would be in proportion)

Original Poster

hey chirs i have no played on xbox for a long time, have the updated it so you can play on 16:10 monitors?

black gerbil1

hey chirs i have no played on xbox for a long time, have the updated it … hey chirs i have no played on xbox for a long time, have the updated it so you can play on 16:10 monitors?

No idea... What resolution is your current monitor? e.g. 1360x768 or 1400x900 etc.
Edited by: "DragonChris" 30th Nov 2010

Original Poster

its 1680x1050

when i tried it two years ago it stretched my aspect ratio is 16:10, but i heard they have got a update out now to fix it, unsure if true

Original Poster

bump

i've got a samsung tv/monitor 16:10, it gives me the option to switch to 16:9 when xbox/ps3 is connected to hdmi/component.
Edited by: "ancav111" 30th Nov 2010

Yes apparently there was an update almost 2 years ago fixing the resolutions and adding more. You should be fine with the monitor you have - go into the display settings and select your res.
Edited by: "DragonChris" 1st Dec 2010
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. £300 for a XZ1 Compact Worth Keeping or return23
    2. Credit Card Debt Question...811
    3. Has the amount of Apple fanboys increased on the site after the redesign?44
    4. 241 cinema code - how to ask?34

See more discussions