bg1: need tapwater from Greece from uk

27 replies
Found 15th Jun 2010
so im going greece for a lads holiday to get gyal n what not. I heard your not meant to drink the tap water there as its different or something. Can I get greece tap water from the UK, I think ill start taking it now slowly, so when im there i dont have to worry about going to the shops every 2mins to buy a bottle, as my body would have adjusted to the PH levels of the water

thanks

27 Comments

Banned

get someone in greece to attach a hose to their tap and run it to your front door

I've just come back from greece and the bottled water was cheap mate, 6 large bottles for 1euro 30 cents

Original Poster

apples33;8846726

I've just come back from greece and the bottled water was cheap mate, 6 … I've just come back from greece and the bottled water was cheap mate, 6 large bottles for 1euro 30 cents

it aint about the money, its just hassle to go to the shops all the time

Why not hire a water boy to follow you round with a tank full for whenever you need it?

black gerbil1;8846731

it aint about the money, its just hassle to go to the shops all the time

Maybe buy more than one bottle when you do go?? ...plank

:thumbsup:Drink the wine, use the water to wash in

Original Poster

Jed Maxwell;8846770

Maybe buy more than one bottle when you do go?? ...plank

yeah i go on holiday to carry 3 bottles with me everywhere.

black gerbil1;8846832

Why not...

Original Poster

bump.

Banned

yeah cause they sell greek tap water :roll:

How about eating out at the local greek restaurant for the next couple of weeks, they probably use greek water don't they?

Original Poster

greg_68;8847035

How about eating out at the local greek restaurant for the next couple of … How about eating out at the local greek restaurant for the next couple of weeks, they probably use greek water don't they?

ill ring em up in the morning and ask.

[x] gyal sounds gay talk for guy
[ ] gyal does not sound gay

Banned

http://www.echotrademarketing.com/productPics/CALUWATERN_LeatherWaterBackPak.jpg

attach a tube to your willy and recycle

Wow, i've heard some retarded questions in my time, but this just takes the biscuit.

Im probably wrong, but i don't think its cos of the pH levels that the water isn't safe to drink, i think its cos its not filtered as much as over here.

Drinking tap water Be aware that in many cities in Greece tap water is … Drinking tap water Be aware that in many cities in Greece tap water is disinfected with chemicals and has a different taste to which most Europeans are not used to. It is therefore advisable not to drink the tap water, but buy bottled water from the supermarkets. Because it can be quite hot in summertime, make sure you do drink enough to prevent dehydration. You can brush your teeth with the tap water without any problem. Ask your hotel receptionist for precise information.http://www.explorecrete.com/travel/crete-practical-information.html

Been said a few times before.... But

Surely your mommy will sort the drinkies out for you... so don't worry, just carry on building the sand castles.

Original Poster

Be aware that in many cities in Greece tap water is disinfected with … Be aware that in many cities in Greece tap water is disinfected with chemicals and has a different taste to which most Europeans are not used to. It is therefore advisable not to drink the tap water, but buy bottled water from the supermarkets. Because it can be quite hot in summertime, make sure you do drink enough to prevent dehydration. You can brush your teeth with the tap water without any problem. Ask your hotel receptionist for precise information.

what so is the tap water safe or what, the bit in bold seems stupid, its like saying dont try octopus because you might not like it, buy chicken instead lol

just take your butler with you, send him to the supermarket to stock up the fridge in your room

Banned

black gerbil1;8847014

bump.

Congrats on 20 posts in 2 hours. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't worry about the tap or bottled water....... Its all a myth and perfectly safe to drink.

Banned

Just drink it out of the toilet, you will be fine

Banned

black gerbil1;8846832

You have a mobile tap in the UK ? :?

Original Poster

JeffreyBruma;8847612

You have a mobile tap in the UK ? :?

what

black gerbil1;8847014

bump.

LOL @ the mighty (LOL) BG1 having to bump one of his threads....

Banned

black gerbil1;8848992

what

jb :

You said you don't want to carry bottles of water around with you everywhere. I was just curious as to whether you have a hose that leads to your house when walking around in the uk or something of the like. Why are you writing in bold and have bg1 in the title also ? One might think your looking for attention.

If you are someone who gets stomach upsets easily then its best to drink bottled water. If however you are there for any great length of time you will get used to the local water and will be able to do the same as any local. If the locals are drinking bottled water, then best to follow their example.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers22
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition60626
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 41 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
    4. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201777

See more discussions