Groups

bg1: oh hai misk which ikon is fog lite?

pic in next post.

52 Comments

Original Poster

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/7718611/2/istockphoto_7718611-car-dashboard-icons.jpg

Not sure what the question actually is but 2 x symbols at top left are normal fog lights - front and rear

Banned

top left rear fog and the one next to it front fog

and the question is" who in misc can help me as I can`t work out which icon on the display in my car relates to the fog lamps on my micra, and I am so stupid I have to ask" HTH

The first 2 are front and rear fog lights

The one with the guy in a seat smoking a fag.

Second row - first symbol

its the one that looks like this ( ! )

Original Poster

thanks so its illeagal to use them when its not foggy? but legal to use full beam?

The bottom left doesn't resemble a 66K BMW brah, I'd take it back and ask them to change the symbol.

black gerbil1;7612349

thanks so its illeagal to use them when its not foggy? but legal to use … thanks so its illeagal to use them when its not foggy? but legal to use full beam?

The law, as presented by The Highway Code, states that front and rear fog lights must not be used unless visibility is seriously reduced - which generally means when you cannot see further than 100 metres (328 feet) - and that they must be switched off once the visibility improves.

Linky: bbc.co.uk/wea…tml

Banned

Murielson;7612298

Not sure what the question actually is but 2 x symbols at top left are … Not sure what the question actually is but 2 x symbols at top left are normal fog lights - front and rear

[X] Correct

Tanchi;7612363

Your only spposed to use front fogs when u cannot see anything in front … Your only spposed to use front fogs when u cannot see anything in front of you (basicly in really bad conditions)

R U Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, have you driven around any city centre late at night. It's compulsory there (I believe)

1st 2 from top left

greg_68;7612380

R U Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, have you driven around any city centre late at … R U Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad, have you driven around any city centre late at night. It's compulsory there (I believe)

only suppsoed to use them if conditions are really bad... Like you have trouble seeing the car in front of you (if there is one)

people usually have them on to "look cool" which is a fail

black gerbil1;7612349

thanks so its illeagal to use them when its not foggy? but legal to use … thanks so its illeagal to use them when its not foggy? but legal to use full beam?

Illeagle?

I'm 50.

You're 7.

Banned

from the highway code

You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 236).

so driving with them on to make your car look cool when in fact you look like a tool can cost you £60 fixed penalty fine

for OP's question about main beam use... main beam is for use on the open road at night to enable you to see further ahead. i.e lanes etc.. never use them in fog, as it just makes the fog worse

Everyone drives round with there clio lights on its not cool.

dog_cop;7612423

from the highway code 226You MUST use headlights when visibility is … from the highway code 226You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 236).so driving with them on to make your car look cool when in fact you look like a tool can cost you £60 fixed penalty fine

How about if you had them on by accident?

DarkKnight;7612480

then u shouldnt be driving at all.

Banned

dog_cop;7612423

from the highway code 226You MUST use headlights when visibility is … from the highway code 226You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves (see Rule 236).so driving with them on to make your car look cool when in fact you look like a tool can cost you £60 fixed penalty fine

but if you live in the countryside very useful down narrow lanes etc and the police my way are happier if you have them on when driving them :thumbsup:

Banned

DarkKnight;7612480

that old chest nut.. driver is responsible for his or her car , daily checks etc, if they forget and most cars have a caption to tell you there are on .. in my book .. ker ching £60 :-D

DarkKnight;7612480

Depends on how nice the policeman is!

Banned

BabySmurfette;7612541

Depends on how nice the policeman is!

if it was me .. no doubt there would be a thread on here saying something like " some nasty copper fixed me up with a 60 quid fine for driving with me fog lamps on" what should I do ?

Banned

ODB_69;7612511

but if you live in the countryside very useful down narrow lanes etc and … but if you live in the countryside very useful down narrow lanes etc and the police my way are happier if you have them on when driving them :thumbsup:

good job you dont live down here then

dog_cop;7612523

that old chest nut.. driver is responsible for his or her car , daily … that old chest nut.. driver is responsible for his or her car , daily checks etc, if they forget and most cars have a caption to tell you there are on .. in my book .. ker ching £60 :-D

Some cars have fog light signs that are difficult to know when they are on.
    For example the MINI has aircraft style switches and you only know they are on are on if you look at the faint light on the switch far below the radio.

Banned

DarkKnight;7612615

Some cars have fog light signs that are difficult to know when they are … Some cars have fog light signs that are difficult to know when they are on.For example the MINI has aircraft style switches and you only know they are on are on if you look at the faint light on the switch far below the radio.

as the saying goes .." always check your equipment ";-)

dog_cop;7612622

as the saying goes .." always check your equipment ";-)

I always check my equipment ;-)
    Oh you mean on the car?

Banned

deek72;7612407

Illeagle?I'm 50.You're 7.

50? Thats old dude.

[X] Powerful thread
    [ ] No bullying here

Banned

DarkKnight;7612632

I always check my equipment ;-)Oh you mean on the car?

correct

Original Poster

dog_cop;7612423

[ ] cares about losing £60
    [x] earns 300k a year
    thanks for the advice, I just wanted to make sure so I dont get in trouble with Jonny law.

black gerbil1;7612686

thanks for the advice, I just wanted to make sure so I dont get in … thanks for the advice, I just wanted to make sure so I dont get in trouble with Jonny law.[/B]

Or PC Plod

vibeone;7612635

[X] Powerful thread[ ] No bullying here

black gerbil1;7612686

[B][ ] cares about losing £60[x] earns 300k a year

Aww look! The Bro's have got a new lil method of making a point!

Sweet innit?

Banned

deek72;7612847

Aww look! The Bro's have got a new lil method of making a point!Sweet … Aww look! The Bro's have got a new lil method of making a point!Sweet innit?

[X] deek is old
    [ ] deek is entertaining

[X] deek is curious to know which one of you first did this but cba looking.
    [ ] deek GIF whether he is entertaining or not.

DarkKnight;7612480

No such thing - operator error if they are on.

ballin'

£60 quid fine pff

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7475/32466820003large.jpg

Original Poster

numptyj;7613593

ballin'£60 quid fine pff

[x] baller.

Banned

go go hamster1;7613694

[x] hairdressers car .

:-D

Original Poster

dog_cop;7613730

:-D

i bet the closet you ever been to a car of that worth is in this thread.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. A Nigerian prince and bit coins scam78
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?25113
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 891616
      4. Sad news about Barcelona24106

See more discussions