bg1: so i just finished reding NINETEEN-EIGHTY-FOUR (1984) *Spoilers*

18 replies
Found 17th Jan 2010
Am I right with these cliffs?

cliffs:
he h8ed big brother
they were watching him all along
they tortured him and re programmed him to think like them
it worked and now he loves big brother and they do not watch him, but he is nothing inside, a empty shell, as good as being dead?

18 Comments

Amused that you actually read a decent book.

I hate Big Brother too

cliffs = correct

next up, you should read "the catcher in the rye" i think you and the main character might relate a bit

Original Poster

micoo;7571087

cliffs = correctnext up, you should read "the catcher in the rye" i think … cliffs = correctnext up, you should read "the catcher in the rye" i think you and the main character might relate a bit

cliffs on book without giving away plot? I was going to read catch 22 next.

black gerbil1;7571135

cliffs on book without giving away plot? I was going to read catch 22 … cliffs on book without giving away plot? I was going to read catch 22 next.

catch 22 is great too, catche rin the rye, bloke runs away frm skl, learns loads bout life n ****, briliantly written

spoilers in OP

= owned for those using full details view

Original Poster

numptyj;7571149

spoilers in OP= owned for those using full details view

[ ]op cares

micoo;7571142

catch 22 is great too, catche rin the rye, bloke runs away frm skl, … catch 22 is great too, catche rin the rye, bloke runs away frm skl, learns loads bout life n ****, briliantly written

cool might go and get it tomorrow googled the cover of the book and it looks kewl.

black gerbil1;7571160

[ ]op carescool might go and get it tomorrow googled the cover of the … [ ]op carescool might go and get it tomorrow googled the cover of the book and it looks kewl.

u know wht they, ALWAYS judge a book by it cover

wait, what?

Original Poster

micoo;7571175

u know wht they, ALWAYS judge a book by it coverwait, what?

[x]you're doing it wrong.

black gerbil1;7571180

[x]you're doing it wrong.

[ ] Do it right
[x] Wrong is the new right

CITR was a bit over rated imo...A book I do recommend for you BG1 is -
Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes.
I think you will get a lot out of it :thumbsup:

You should read Aldous Huxley's Brave New World next, and then compare which type of world we are living in.

There is a nice comparison here.

recombinantrecords.net/doc…tml

You could also try The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood.

or Pinnochio

This article is very interesting...

stltoday.com/blo…ng/

Apparently 1984 is the book that most people have lied about reading...but havent....!! Im not implying anything here...

Original Poster

micoo;7571087

cliffs = correctnext up, you should read "the catcher in the rye" i think … cliffs = correctnext up, you should read "the catcher in the rye" i think you and the main character might relate a bit

im on chapter 8 so far, no to impresso so far, cost me 8bills, he is has just left the first school.

Original Poster

just read the whole book micro, it was okay nothing great though, you owe me $8

black gerbil1;7642859

just read the whole book micro, it was okay nothing great though, you owe … just read the whole book micro, it was okay nothing great though, you owe me $8

:lol:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition50441
    2. hello fashion mag/jigsaw comp - win £1,000 to spend INSTORE at jigsaw88
    3. Win a short break for two at our hotel of the year: the Pointer, Bucks @ Su…55
    4. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201766

See more discussions