Bicester village?

Posted 19th Oct
Is it worth to go Bicester village? It’s going to be a looooong journey for me.
If you’ve been there can you give me examples of items and prices in Micheal kors, LV, Gucci etc?
I’m just hoping that there will be good deals on Black Friday.
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
Even with discounts it's hediuosly expensive. Was £2500 now £900
Wife bought a Gucci bag for£ 400 when in London stores it's £800.

You can get Ralph long sleeves for £20.

Tommy jeans for £30
It's hard to give examples of items and prices in those kind of outlet villages because it just can just depend what each store happens to have in it's clearance section or specials on the particular occasion you visit it. I go to the York MacArthur Glen outlet centre and what I'm looking for are the Final Clearance or 70% Off rails. Sometimes I get some really good bargains and end up with a good haul, other times I don't but it's always worth having a look around. Only you can really judge whether or not it's worth it to you. Are there any other outlet villages nearer to where you live so maybe you can get an idea of what they are like?
You can get similar prices online - but they are more likely to be genuine at Bicester. Food is expensive though.
Ringfinger19/10/2019 06:36

You can get similar prices online - but they are more likely to be genuine …You can get similar prices online - but they are more likely to be genuine at Bicester. Food is expensive though.

Fish and chips is £13
rimalpatel00719/10/2019 07:20

Fish and chips is £13

I don't even remember there being any food shops last time I went lol which was years ago.
Edited by: "MR1123" 19th Oct
Its just off the M40 and we've travel that route frequently for decades. We used to drop in fairly frequently. Now its a very occassional visit - usually when the wife wants a particular thing she's seen online. Even then, we go very early or very late.

Now its mostly fashion with a few shops where you can pick up bargain but mostly hugely overpriced tat (unless you love fashion and simply must have an almost latest item daaahrling. Think Ab Fab for the masses).

And then there are the people who go there. Loads and loads of foreign visitors who are most welcome to spend their cash there. It's a pity we give them all the VAT back when they leave but we do make some money from them. If you avoid the fashion shops and stick to White Stuff, Le Creuset, Polo etc, you wont get pushed or shoved out of the way. It is a cultural feast as you realse that there are some parts of the world where clearing your nose without the aid of a handkerchief or emitting excess saliva onto the ground (possibly over someone's shows) is entirely normal for them. And No. I'm not kidding. We've seen some pretty rude and gross behaviour.
Over-run with ill mannered foreigners buying last years rubbish that no-one wanted. They sell the things that would otherwise end up in landfill so I suppose it's a good thing but we wouldnt bother travelling far to visit it, might stop if we were passing.
It’s not as much of a bargain as it used to be, if you want high end brands and they have what you want then it’s worth the journey as you can easily make the saving on one item.
Also try Cheshire oaks
ccnp19/10/2019 08:22

Its just off the M40 and we've travel that route frequently for decades. …Its just off the M40 and we've travel that route frequently for decades. We used to drop in fairly frequently. Now its a very occassional visit - usually when the wife wants a particular thing she's seen online. Even then, we go very early or very late.Now its mostly fashion with a few shops where you can pick up bargain but mostly hugely overpriced tat (unless you love fashion and simply must have an almost latest item daaahrling. Think Ab Fab for the masses).And then there are the people who go there. Loads and loads of foreign visitors who are most welcome to spend their cash there. It's a pity we give them all the VAT back when they leave but we do make some money from them. If you avoid the fashion shops and stick to White Stuff, Le Creuset, Polo etc, you wont get pushed or shoved out of the way. It is a cultural feast as you realse that there are some parts of the world where clearing your nose without the aid of a handkerchief or emitting excess saliva onto the ground (possibly over someone's shows) is entirely normal for them. And No. I'm not kidding. We've seen some pretty rude and gross behaviour.

I think you’ll find the foreigners have better mannerisms than the English people over here.
Many brands make stuff just for the outlet stores. Quality is a bit less, material cheaper, etc. So please check if you are actually getting the exact same thing.
Hassxn78619/10/2019 08:59

Also try Cheshire oaks

I’d defo recommend Cheshire oaks over Bicester Village
seb19/10/2019 11:04

it's popular with chinese visitors, I …it's popular with chinese visitors, I believe.https://www.bridesdogood.com/article/what-brides-can-expect-our-bicester-village-boutique-------------I think there a few similar `villages` around :https://www.mcarthurglen.com/en/outlets/uk/designer-outlet-ashford/

Very popular with Chinese and Middle Eastern tourists. Marylebone station has boards in Arabic and Chinese for Bicester related information.
bozo00719/10/2019 09:56

Many brands make stuff just for the outlet stores. Quality is a bit less, …Many brands make stuff just for the outlet stores. Quality is a bit less, material cheaper, etc. So please check if you are actually getting the exact same thing.

Correct. And many people don't realise it.
Lived in nearby Aylesbury for 30 years and have known Bicester Village since it started. I would make the 15 mile or so journey once in a while to try and grab a bargain. In the near 20 years that Bicester village has been in existence i have not found anything that cannot be found online. If you're prepared to travel a long way without any expectations you won't be disappointed. In other words it's not as good as they make out.
Edited by: "hantshog" 20th Oct
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants