Expired

Bicycle inner tube

Found 6th JunEdited by:"mutley1"
The inner tube on my bike has a small hole so it is a matter of patching that up with the patch up kit. However, I also notice that the valve leaks when you apply pressure to the inner tube, without the cap on.

Does this mean that the valve is faulty? I haven't tested if the valve lets air out if I put the cap on it, then apply pressure to the inner tube, but I doubt the cap is supposed to keep it air tight? It should be airtight even without the cap on it, shouldn't it?
Community Updates
AskBike
Top comments
The pin in the middle of the valve is also a screw, turn it clockwise toimprove the valve's continuity. But do not carry out this operation on a Sunday without checking your deeds.
3 Comments
The pin in the middle of the valve is also a screw, turn it clockwise toimprove the valve's continuity. But do not carry out this operation on a Sunday without checking your deeds.
IamMT13 m ago

The pin in the middle of the valve is also a screw, turn it clockwise …The pin in the middle of the valve is also a screw, turn it clockwise toimprove the valve's continuity. But do not carry out this operation on a Sunday without checking your deeds.

thank you. problem solved now

no deed restrictions on this one, and in any case today is wednesday so i am fine
Also if it helps Poundland sell in inner tubes and there as good a quality as any. They sell the in 20" 24" and 26" sizes.33926641-miwSG.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants