Groups

Bicycle spoke nipple rust removal

hi i recently brought a second hand bike which in good condition but the spoke nipples on the the rims of the wheels have started to rust.
    What can i use to get this of and whats the best method as a bit os a awkward place

any advice would be apreciated rep will be added thanks

11 Comments

wire wool would be a little easier to use.

Original Poster

whatsThePoint;8415414

wire brush

its just the nipples and dont really want to scratch the spokes/whhels if i can help it was looking at some sort of rust remover along with a tool maybe wire wool
    thanks though rep added

Original Poster

garibaldi;8415586

wire wool would be a little easier to use.

Cheers rep added

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/48/112591409_a99ca9d02d.jpg

monkeybrains;8415617

at least post a pair of womens nips

Original Poster

any chemicals or cleaning fluids suggestions????

Most are messy and difficult to apply to such a small area. If you go that way make sure you remove tube and tyre as the rust remover will probably degrade the rubber

Not sure its appropriate to suggest the female members here have rusty nipples, so i wont.:)

Original Poster

bumb 1

cillit bang! that works a treat.. spray it on andleave it for a while, then just brillo it off

Original Poster

red_one;8425829

cillit bang! that works a treat.. spray it on andleave it for a while, … cillit bang! that works a treat.. spray it on andleave it for a while, then just brillo it off

great cheers
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846165
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764205
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31136
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio33

See more discussions