Bid up and Price drop TV have gone bust

Found 22nd Apr 2014
Sit up TV the German company who own both of these TV shopping Chanel's has gone into administration
Community Updates
MiscPrice Glitch
74 Comments
Original Poster
I will miss them, some of the presenters were funny

Peter Simon was so funny and camp
Edited by: "miles136" 22nd Apr 2014
Original Poster
deals over the last few years were not as good, but i the early years I got a few nice things

best was a Disney, 3 piece lithograph set was £150, every where had wanted it for some time, got it on bud up for £32
What a shame! I used to watch them in my student days as a bit of company while I did my work, they were a bit addictive! Never bought anything though.
kartdemon

Ha ha

Wow, kinda harsh attitude towards people becoming unemployed...???!!
Original Poster
momartin

What a shame! I used to watch them in my student days as a bit of company … What a shame! I used to watch them in my student days as a bit of company while I did my work, they were a bit addictive! Never bought anything though.

I sometimes would put them on for company lol, as they do talk direct to you, I liked the mad geordie girl too - downside no fit blokes,
Original Poster
momartin

Wow, kinda harsh attitude towards people becoming unemployed...???!!

poster looks like a mulit - reserve account lol
Original Poster
anyone know any of the staff from there, they were based in Acton, in that London

hope they get redundencey, that London is an expensive place
never heard of them
Peter Simon was awesome on kids tv! Always used to get gunged!!
Banned
Let's not forget the time this happened:

http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article118216.ece/ALTERNATES/400x/image-1-for-paper-25-03-11-gallery-346426332-118216.jpg

youtu.be/FyJ…KO4
Edited by: "KillFelix" 22nd Apr 2014
did anyone see sally jacks - not sure he she sells that, on come dine with me? when they did the disco night she had the most outrageous bacofoil like checked tight onesie on complete with hood.

administration does not mean they have gone forever if someone buys them from administrators.
spells not sells, I hate auto correct
I always wondered who watched that kind of channel
Banned
DarkEnergy2012

how are you going to fill this void in your life Miles? God … how are you going to fill this void in your life Miles? God Channel...JML...Babestation

Gay Rabbit..
KillFelix

Gay Rabbit..

Beat me to it!!
Not that I know it, but it's one of the many channels skipped when I set up new tellys!
Factoid for you - Peter Simon was....

... Ronald McDonald
WoolyM

I always wondered who watched that kind of channel

its for when kyle is off air
KillFelix

Let's not forget the time this happened:http://youtu.be/FyJLxFEDKO4

lol. That is so grim. X)
Did anybody else get slightly aroused by some of those hot female saleswomen, or was it just me?..:)
peteivy

Another Peter Simon Classic, trying to promote the things hidden in the … Another Peter Simon Classic, trying to promote the things hidden in the back room!!!Clicky (Not for the easily offended!)

FLESHLIGHT NEEDS NEW BATTERIES?
Original Poster
whatsThePoint

excellent news that a company well known for ripping people off has gone … excellent news that a company well known for ripping people off has gone bust, shame on anyone who is sad to see them go

used to be some very good bargins in the past
Original Poster
raptorcigs

FLESHLIGHT NEEDS NEW BATTERIES?

very funny
Original Poster
totaly gone now you can not even find them on the listings
Very sad I have bought some good stuff over the years

It was no Quizmania though
Original Poster
thegroutch

It was no Quizmania though

that was defo a rip off, - name a black animal, a hungarian black faced bat! rip off
This is a must for any home you have toget it. It was the same for every item what a load of crap they sold most of the time. I use to watch it but found out to my cost to send a item back cost as much as the goods. I now stick to quality shopping channels like QVC and idea world.I for one will not miss the crap they was selling
Original Poster
camdenman123

This is a must for any home you have toget it. It was the same for every … This is a must for any home you have toget it. It was the same for every item what a load of crap they sold most of the time. I use to watch it but found out to my cost to send a item back cost as much as the goods. I now stick to quality shopping channels like QVC and idea world.I for one will not miss the crap they was selling

some of the stuff was but not all
good riddance to bidtv they sold tat (crap) it cost u £9-52 then the price of the item u can get most nof the tat they sold cheaper in a pound shop
Only ever watched in the good old days when it you did actually bid up lol.
Never watched much of this so obversely over priced tat
http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/thewongwing101/pictures/2907986-snowwhite_grumpy_4_zpsec8b9573.gif
Edited by: "Wongy110" 26th Apr 2014
Original Poster
thewongwing101

Never watched much of this so obversely over priced tat

not always
Got some goo9d things cheap when it first started up. Looked in recently and the stuff looked boring and expensive too.
i,m not surprised, but the worst thing they ever did was change price drop to that silly way of trading, i stopped buying because i wanted to be sure to get the goods i was after not be told i could'nt have it because not enough people wanted the goods, the first thing i said when it changed was " they will be bankrupt within the month " . i need say no more
Original Poster
sixtiesgirl

i,m not surprised, but the worst thing they ever did was change price … i,m not surprised, but the worst thing they ever did was change price drop to that silly way of trading, i stopped buying because i wanted to be sure to get the goods i was after not be told i could'nt have it because not enough people wanted the goods, the first thing i said when it changed was " they will be bankrupt within the month " . i need say no more

it was a very strange thing to do it was far better all those years ago when you could bid up
Hey miles - I've pm'd you.
Original Poster
deeky

Hey miles - I've pm'd you.

thanks the pics are gr8
It was obvious that things were going bad ,from some time ago, the phone charges,and high postal charges were to my mind the main reasons for going bust,would put money on tesco going then same way,they are ok with bread and cakes but the other things are too dear and they will lose out to aldi if they don't lower their prices,put money on it!!!!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants