Bifolding door and skylight ideas please

Found 24th Oct 2017
Hi smart HUKDers

I need ideas and help with a purchase for skylight and bifold doors for a rear extension.

skylight I am thinking of getting a pyramid styles (lantern) Luke 1m by 2.5m

bifold for around 2 to 3m.

Please point me to some good deals as well.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
VELUX for skylights, great quality!

Bifold doors we had similar size fitted, I would always go for aluminium frames and we used the foldingbifolddoorscompany who were excellent to deal with and price match. They are based in Yorkshire but do work international .

Our 2.4m were £2200 fitted and 25 year guarantee, 2 years in no issues so far. They will negotiate if you find similar dealers cheaper or working to meet “your budget”

foldingslidingdoors.com
Edited by: "njdavis103" 25th Oct 2017
njdavis1032 h, 37 m ago

VELUX for skylights, great quality!Bifold doors we had similar size …VELUX for skylights, great quality!Bifold doors we had similar size fitted, I would always go for aluminium frames and we used the foldingbifolddoorscompany who were excellent to deal with and price match. They are based in Yorkshire but do work international . Our 2.4m were £2200 fitted and 25 year guarantee, 2 years in no issues so far. They will negotiate if you find similar dealers cheaper or working to meet “your budget”http://www.foldingslidingdoors.com

Thanks we have already spend lots for the extension trying to save one the door and skylight, it is amazing that what costs to build an 5 m extension can buy a 2 bed house in Wales.

Would you recommand bifold or slide doors, I have seen sliding doors are much cheaper and can be bought second hand in good condition.
I love bifold but ours is kitchen diner and in the Summer, when they are fully open you do get the downside of more insects! Worth considering. They do make a lovely feature though and are great to look out of with thin frames. That price is considered very reasonable for 2.4m aluminium frame. Our extension was one storey four metre and it wasn’t cheap but it is the best thing we have done as it has created lovely open planned living. VELUX we had 4 to maximise light and I think the6 were around £300 each, although I’m sure the builder got his cut on those, as he deserved to! The doors we negotiators direct, the6 were a great company to deal with, although for some reason their website made me feel nervous!
njdavis1031 h, 9 m ago

I love bifold but ours is kitchen diner and in the Summer, when they are …I love bifold but ours is kitchen diner and in the Summer, when they are fully open you do get the downside of more insects! Worth considering. They do make a lovely feature though and are great to look out of with thin frames. That price is considered very reasonable for 2.4m aluminium frame. Our extension was one storey four metre and it wasn’t cheap but it is the best thing we have done as it has created lovely open planned living. VELUX we had 4 to maximise light and I think the6 were around £300 each, although I’m sure the builder got his cut on those, as he deserved to! The doors we negotiators direct, the6 were a great company to deal with, although for some reason their website made me feel nervous!

Thanks my neighbour purchased his for 1500 from eBay and the builder installed it as part of the labour.

I was thinking of a lantern skylight however the flat skylights are much cheaper. This ext is 6m and house is quite wide.
Any recommendations on skylights?
Have you thought about dotting sun tunnels around the roof, just a idea to put in the mix, only downside is you won’t be able to open them.
englands282 h, 53 m ago

Have you thought about dotting sun tunnels around the roof, just a idea to …Have you thought about dotting sun tunnels around the roof, just a idea to put in the mix, only downside is you won’t be able to open them.

That's a great idea however this is a single story rear ext light shouldn't be a problem with skylight I was thinking 1.5m x 3m that'll be plenty plus bifolding or sliding door ..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions