Big Argos purchase coming up almost £800

Found 10th Apr
Looking to spend around £800 tonight at Argos. Any way of saving any money by gift cards etc? I know about Zeek and have already purchased £150 gift cards from there.

Any ideas will be appreciated....
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Check what you’re buying is actually the cheapest price available.
16 Comments
Top cashback have 1.01% cash back
darkfrost112 m ago

Top cashback have 1.01% cash back

Cheers mate. Have already seen that 😝
Oneday772 m ago

Yep have done that
IIRC, there's a limit of a maximum of three gift cards for an Argos purchase.
Do you have any family members who work for Sainsbury’s? They get a 10% discount at Argos. You could also redeem some Nectar points if you have at least £2.50 on your card (although it’s not the most cost-effective method of spending them, and I don’t know if you can use them along with gift cards or not).
terriclarkfan6 m ago

IIRC, there's a limit of a maximum of three gift cards for an Argos …IIRC, there's a limit of a maximum of three gift cards for an Argos purchase.

Yeah I found that out just now.....
Tangled_Up3 m ago

Do you have any family members who work for Sainsbury’s? They get a 10% d …Do you have any family members who work for Sainsbury’s? They get a 10% discount at Argos. You could also redeem some Nectar points if you have at least £2.50 on your card (although it’s not the most cost-effective method of spending them, and I don’t know if you can use them along with gift cards or not).

Nope I am afraid not... Thanks anyways!
Ask your family friends as some companies have benefits which allow discounts on several shops.
Pay at least £101 on a credit card (and not via an app) to get your S75 protection. You only have to pay £100, not the full price.

which.co.uk/con…act
ccnp40 m ago

Pay at least £101 on a credit card (and not via an app) to get your S75 …Pay at least £101 on a credit card (and not via an app) to get your S75 protection. You only have to pay £100, not the full price.https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/section-75-of-the-consumer-credit-act

Reading with understanding is a vital skill especially when you want to pass that knowledge to another person

For example, if you ordered a new sofa from a furniture store and paid a £60 deposit with your credit card and the balance of £600 by cheque, you would be covered for the whole £660 if the dealer went out of business and you didn't get your sofa
If you have an Argos card they sometimes do a £10 off voucher which you can find on the app or it comes through the post
Buy 7% off Argos top up through this: hotukdeals.com/dea…633

May take a week to set up though so not worth it if you can't wait.
ccnp9 h, 50 m ago

Pay at least £101 on a credit card (and not via an app) to get your S75 …Pay at least £101 on a credit card (and not via an app) to get your S75 protection. You only have to pay £100, not the full price.https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/regulation/section-75-of-the-consumer-credit-act

You don't have to pay £101...extract from @ccnp link:
"However, to claim under Section 75 you don't have to have paid more than £100 or the full amount on your credit card – the card company is liable even if you made only part of the payment (a deposit, say) on your card."
mattsk9 h, 55 m ago

Reading with understanding is a vital skill especially when you want to …Reading with understanding is a vital skill especially when you want to pass that knowledge to another personFor example, if you ordered a new sofa from a furniture store and paid a £60 deposit with your credit card and the balance of £600 by cheque, you would be covered for the whole £660 if the dealer went out of business and you didn't get your sofa

Experience is also a wonderful teacher. Some merchants use the 'underpayment' as a first line of defence. They claim the payment rather than the value must be £100-£30,000. The act has been willfully misinterpreted and it doesn't take much effort to squash their assertion but it will work against some more tender folks and cause them to lose out. I don't want that. By paying just over £100, you wipe out that defence.
Ask the store manager for a discount.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants