Big Babies!

Found 12th Jun 2008
Did anyone see that programme on tele last night about "Big Babies"? Two of my freinds both had their babies yesterday almost 10lb in weight. Thought the programme was a bit unfair showing the older toddlers who were born big eating all the time, tho when I saw the one year old baby girl eating a plate of chips and the mom saying "she can eat almost a bag full" I just thought how terrible is that?!

1. Misc
  2. Baby
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Baby
44 Comments

whats amazing is that 2 of your friends had babies at that weight on the same day, which just happened to be shopping a programme about big babies...... coincidence?

Apartantly when my little one was born there were a record number of children delivered that night, midwife said that there musnt have been anything on tele that night 9 months ago, I replied I can't remember, I did it during the adverts....... twice :lol:

MinstrelMan;2298306

Apartantly when my little one was born there were a record number of … Apartantly when my little one was born there were a record number of children delivered that night, midwife said that there musnt have been anything on tele that night 9 months ago, I replied I can't remember, I did it during the adverts....... twice :lol:

:roll: :giggle:

poor little mite! can't belive the mum thinks thats okay, its wrong!

my youngest was nearly 10lb when he was born and 11 years on he is a right bag of bones! He can eat for England though!

yeah my little girl can eat all day, but she only pigs out on fruit and pasta, you know heathy stuff, she was a small baby though, 5lb 14

MinstrelMan;2298306

whats amazing is that 2 of your friends had babies at that weight on the … whats amazing is that 2 of your friends had babies at that weight on the same day, which just happened to be shopping a programme about big babies...... coincidence?Apartantly when my little one was born there were a record number of children delivered that night, midwife said that there musnt have been anything on tele that night 9 months ago, I replied I can't remember, I did it during the adverts....... twice :lol:

Well get this then. Ive got 3 girls. My first one was born early weighing exactly 8lb and half an ounce. My second was born a week late and was exactly 8lb and half an ounce. My third was over 2 weeks late and also weighed exactly 8lb and half an ounce. What are the odds of that?

All 3 of my boys were born on their exact due date!

bitseylango;2298383

All 3 of my boys were born on their exact due date!

Thats bloomin handy!

Sloth/Mod

Now........here's a big (cry) baby :-D

http://gummidadi.blog.is/users/b4/gummidadi/img/ronaldo-crying.jpg

I was 8 week early, my sister 12 weeks. I'm dead scrawney, and she's like a house :lol:

Syzable;2298394

Now........here's a big (cy) baby :-D

Shouldnt that be cry baby?!

90% of the women who gave birth to big babies were obese themselves.

Sloth/Mod

pinkkitty2007;2298406

Shouldnt that be cry baby?!

It should but the keyboard is taunting me. :?

LFC Muppet;2298414

90% of the women who gave birth to big babies were obese themselves.

and parked in the wrong spaces at tesco? :whistling:

My Big Baby wasnt fat at all he was incredibly long!

MinstrelMan;2298428

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j163/sadiebabes/lmao.gif

bitseylango;2298438

My Big Baby wasnt fat at all he was incredibly long!

he's gonna make some woman very happy :thumbsup:

My son was 10lb 1oz born 4 days late and naturally! Only gas and air and no stitches - ok I'm boasting now! Oh and my labour was only 1hour 40 mins!!!!!!

He was my second and my first was induced 2 weeks early and was just under 9lbs.

I was a big baby (9lbs) and my oh was 7.5lbs and a month early. Big babies run in families! A baby is also usually in proportion with the mother. If you have big hips then you are more likely to have a bigger baby. women with tiny frames often have smaller babies. It's called nature!

my son was 9lbs 14oz when he was born. he's now 19 and is like a stick insect so being born big doesn't mean you have to stay big.

loveabargain;2298470

My son was 10lb 1oz born 4 days late and naturally! Only gas and air and … My son was 10lb 1oz born 4 days late and naturally! Only gas and air and no stitches - ok I'm boasting now! Oh and my labour was only 1hour 40 mins!!!!!!He was my second and my first was induced 2 weeks early and was just under 9lbs.I was a big baby (9lbs) and my oh was 7.5lbs and a month early. Big babies run in families! A baby is also usually in proportion with the mother. If you have big hips then you are more likely to have a bigger baby. women with tiny frames often have smaller babies. It's called nature!

I must be a freak of nature then as I am 5ft tall and a small frame! my boys were 7lb, 8lb 3oz and 9lb 12oz! Thank god we decided to stop there!!!!!!!

bitseylango;2298495

I must be a freak of nature then as I am 5ft tall and a small frame! my … I must be a freak of nature then as I am 5ft tall and a small frame! my boys were 7lb, 8lb 3oz and 9lb 12oz! Thank god we decided to stop there!!!!!!!

Lol I don't think you are bits, my mum's 5'4" and always been a size 6/8 and I was 9lb & long, like you said one of yours was, so don't worry!! :giggle:

MinstrelMan;2298428

omg how can u say such a thing! :w00t: :-D

rebellion makes time less relative.

loveabargain;2298470

I was a big baby (9lbs) and my oh was 7.5lbs and a month early. Big … I was a big baby (9lbs) and my oh was 7.5lbs and a month early. Big babies run in families! A baby is also usually in proportion with the mother. If you have big hips then you are more likely to have a bigger baby. women with tiny frames often have smaller babies. It's called nature!

I thought obese women had big babies so the doctor/midwife would be able to see them coming :whistling::-D

LFC Muppet;2298632

I thought obese women had big babies so the doctor/midwife would be able … I thought obese women had big babies so the doctor/midwife would be able to see them coming :whistling::-D

where the hell were you yesterday!!!!!! :roll:

MinstrelMan;2298640

Why? did you miss me ;-)

LFC Muppet;2298632

I thought obese women had big babies so the doctor/midwife would be able … I thought obese women had big babies so the doctor/midwife would be able to see them coming :whistling::-D

My mum is a "big girl" and none of me or my 3 brothers weighed more than 8lbs. We are indeed very lucky to be alive, we could of got caught up in the beef curtains and suffocated:roll:

pinkkitty2007;2298696

My mum is a "big girl" and none of me or my 3 brothers weighed more than … My mum is a "big girl" and none of me or my 3 brothers weighed more than 8lbs. We are indeed very lucky to be alive, we could of got caught up in the beef curtains and suffocated:roll:

this posts resulted in combined coughing/laughing fit!

Quite often large babies are because the mother has had gestational diabetes which can affect up to 10% of births. Often the mother isn't particularly aware of anything wrong and it won't be discovered unless she's screened for it, but the raised blood sugar level in the mother diffuses through the placenta and causes an increase in the baby's growth in the womb. Hence the big babies!

When i had Lib, my chuff suffered badly....my then beef curtains are now beef throw overs!

bjmcghee;2298714

Quite often large babies are because the mother has had gestational … Quite often large babies are because the mother has had gestational diabetes which can affect up to 10% of births. Often the mother isn't particularly aware of anything wrong and it won't be discovered unless she's screened for it, but the raised blood sugar level in the mother diffuses through the placenta and causes an increase in the baby's growth in the womb. Hence the big babies!

Nowt to do with the women being 22 stone +

I was laughing my back off, sorry if I was the only 1, but obese people that are really lazy and eat loads of rubbish getting on TV for having big babies is a disgrace.

Our son was 8lb 14.5oz which we thought was big, then our daughter came along and she was 10lb 8oz!!!!
Nothing to do with being obese cos Mum is a tiny size 6/8 weighing 7stone2lb pre-pregnancy, it was Dad that caused the bigness for being 6ft6 tall!!

pinkkitty2007;2298696

My mum is a "big girl" and none of me or my 3 brothers weighed more than … My mum is a "big girl" and none of me or my 3 brothers weighed more than 8lbs. We are indeed very lucky to be alive, we could of got caught up in the beef curtains and suffocated:roll:

omg I can't believe you just said that!!! :lol:

Every woman is tested for this every time they are seen, by urine sample. If theres a increase in sugar levels than a blood test is needed.
I had the diabetes test twice during pregnancy, i did tell them i had ate a packet of giant choccie buttons just before the urine test!!
Then they told me Lib's was going to be 11 pounds!! My eyes watered!! We didnt buy any newborn clothes....but we had to when she was only 7lb 12 and on time....very strange how they get it so wrong.

Lulu'sMammy;2298728

When i had Lib, my chuff suffered badly....my then beef curtains are now … When i had Lib, my chuff suffered badly....my then beef curtains are now beef throw overs!

:w00t: hey you have nemerous uses then now LLM, not only are you a playing with them chesticals, but you can also act as a human sleeping bag.

MinstrelMan;2298770

:w00t: hey you have nemerous uses then now LLM, not only are you a … :w00t: hey you have nemerous uses then now LLM, not only are you a playing with them chesticals, but you can also act as a human sleeping bag.

Yeah its brill apart from having to "tuck" then in, to save dragging along the floor!

Sloth/Mod

Is MM the only one on this thread that's still the same size now as at birth? :lol:

MinstrelMan;2298640

LFC Muppet;2298680

Why? did you miss me ;-)

Still waiting for an answer :thumbsup:

Original Poster

Just thought the programme last night was a bit harsh showing the little 2 year old lad eating all the time. This is not always the reason that children are big, tho if they eat too much of the wrong thing then its not going to do there long term health much good. There is a good oppotunity when they are young to influence what they eat, and tho I know you cant force feed kids 5 fruit and veg a day, it helps if you try!:)

LFC Muppet;2298817

Still waiting for an answer :thumbsup:

you missed one hell of a thread. :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Google Home Mini Commands55
    2. My parents want a coffee pod machine...Tassimo?22
    3. deaf dad, how do i get sound to the back of the room without turning the vo…58
    4. Xbox one headset22

See more discussions