Community Updates
Misc
26 Comments
deleted396333
Who?
deleted1315437
Arteta
Why would Newcastle sack Rafa?

2015/16 season he took over late in the season and nearly kept them in the league, losing 3 League games out of 10 including a 5-1 win over spurs and a draw with Man City & Liverpool, McLaren who he took over from lost 7 out of the previous 10.

The next season he stayed with them in the championship and won it.

This season finished mid table.
"We feel that it is right to move in a different direction. We aim to appoint a high-calibre figure who we feel will lead the club into an exciting future for our loyal supporters within the next 10 days."

Ouch...

Moyes is a terrible manager and rates himself far to highly. I hope him and Sam fall off the rotating Premier League manager carousel.. Time to give some new people a chance.
jayonline859 m ago

Why would Newcastle sack Rafa? 2015/16 season he took over late in the …Why would Newcastle sack Rafa? 2015/16 season he took over late in the season and nearly kept them in the league, losing 3 League games out of 10 including a 5-1 win over spurs and a draw with Man City & Liverpool, McLaren who he took over from lost 7 out of the previous 10.The next season he stayed with them in the championship and won it.This season finished mid table.

That's kind of what OP was alluding, surely?
Edited by: "RossD89" 16th May
Being a football manager seems the easiest way to make money.
You get millions in compensation for not being very good at your job.
Then someone else hires you (because they've fired someone too). You then get fired again and claim more compensation.
Just keep repeating the above, until you've worked your way through all the clubs in the country.
jayonline852 h, 3 m ago

Why would Newcastle sack Rafa? 2015/16 season he took over late in the …Why would Newcastle sack Rafa? 2015/16 season he took over late in the season and nearly kept them in the league, losing 3 League games out of 10 including a 5-1 win over spurs and a draw with Man City & Liverpool, McLaren who he took over from lost 7 out of the previous 10.The next season he stayed with them in the championship and won it.This season finished mid table.

Mid-table was not good enough for the jaw-dee nation when big fat Sam was in charge.

Mid-table was not good enough for the jaw-dee nation when whu and Croydon Rovers failure Pardew was in charge.

Mid-table was not good enough for the jaw-dee nation when the former QPR player who was also a whu failure whose name escapes me was in charge.

Mid-table was not good enough for the jaw-dee nation when another load of individuals from a long list of football managers were in charge.

Yet mid-table seems totally acceptable for the jaw-dee nation when your name is Kevin or Rafa, am I missing something here

Apart from stating the above 'facts' that Rafa himself would be proud to quote in one of his press conferences there is the small matter of a rather large round shaped owner not being the easiest person to work for.

Rafa has publicly criticised the club's transfer policy on numerous occasions so the relationship is clearly strained between the two to say the least.

Also I don't deem it mischievous to suggest Rafa considers himself a European Cup or at least a UEFA Cup level coach rather than a mid-table one so should some other more suited club flash him a bit off the stocking top it's nailed on he'd be offski.

So it's genuine speculation and I wasn't even necessarily suggesting about him getting the bullet, it's just as likely if not more so that he'll walk because he can't stick Ashley or a better gig comes along.
No surprise with Sam Allardyce as the fans wanted him out but thought maybe Moyes might have been given a new contract.
.Yoshi.16th May

No surprise with Sam Allardyce as the fans wanted him out but thought …No surprise with Sam Allardyce as the fans wanted him out but thought maybe Moyes might have been given a new contract.

Big fat Sam is the common denominator here, sacked by all three clubs mentioned because the fans of each of those clubs seem to have delusions of grandeur about what having a substantial support should bring on the pitch.

At least Everton have won a few pots worth winning in in living memory to anyone over about 35 years of age, the other two ain't
Chasloyal15 m ago

Big fat Sam is the common denominator here, sacked by all three clubs …Big fat Sam is the common denominator here, sacked by all three clubs mentioned because the fans of each of those clubs seem to have delusions of grandeur about what having a substantial support should bring on the pitch.At least Everton have won a few pots worth winning in in living memory to anyone over about 35 years of age, the other two ain't

I have a soft spot for Sunderland so do wonder could he end up back there Think he would be appreciated more this time around. Anything to save a sinking ship!
Everton didn’t deserve to have Big Sam due to their unrealistic expectations and what he has done for them. What a pathetic small club they are!
Edited by: "karlypants" 16th May
.Yoshi.16th May

I have a soft spot for Sunderland so do wonder could he end up back there …I have a soft spot for Sunderland so do wonder could he end up back there Think he would be appreciated more this time around. Anything to save a sinking ship!

I make no secret of the fact I have always had far more time for the Mackems up that part of the world Yosh.

Had a good mate who was a lifelong Black Cats season ticket holder who sadly passed away from cancer at no age at all a few Christmases ago. They always been far more grounded when it comes to aspirations about their club, and I think big fat Sam was appreciated by them unlike by the other mob who just hounded him out when he was there.

Saying about the other mob, they just remind of the Cockney equivalent of the north east.

Like they're both 'traditional' clubs with sizeable followings who have some vague utopian ideas about how football should be played, both believe they should be far more successful than they are and of course also both spend their entire time attending matches piping up at their respective managers, boards or both

karlypants16th May

Everton didn’t deserve to have Big Sam due to their unrealistic e …Everton didn’t deserve to have Big Sam due to their unrealistic expectations and what he has done for them. What a pathetic small club they are!

Small club absolutely not but are the fans' expectations unrealistic?

Hmmm yeah they probably are though as I said above, at least their supporters aged 35 or older have tasted proper success whilst the other two, well:

The Cockneys have only ever won a the odd cup competition 40 or 50 years ago whilst Newcastle ain't won nothing since Victoria was on the throne.
karlypants1 h, 54 m ago

Everton didn’t deserve to have Big Sam due to their unrealistic e …Everton didn’t deserve to have Big Sam due to their unrealistic expectations and what he has done for them. What a pathetic small club they are!

33809169-uWpp6.jpg
jayonline8517 m ago

[Image]

And Rushden & Diamonds were probably formed and definitely got promoted and then consequently got dissolved in that same period so I'm sorry but that is a most irrelevant fact anyone could come out with.

We've had at least three promotions, maybe four, whilst yo-yo'ing between the 2nd and 3rd divisions in the last quarter of a century but I ain't got the front to claim that makes us a more successful club than Everton

That's just someone who supports the Woodchurch woolybacks having a sly dig at one of their two more prestigious neighbours on the other side of the water.
Chasloyal28 m ago

And Rushden & Diamonds were probably formed and definitely got promoted …And Rushden & Diamonds were probably formed and definitely got promoted and then consequently got dissolved in that same period so I'm sorry but that is a most irrelevant fact anyone could come out with.We've had at least three promotions, maybe four, whilst yo-yo'ing between the 2nd and 3rd divisions in the last quarter of a century but I ain't got the front to claim that makes us a more successful club than Everton That's just someone who supports the Woodchurch woolybacks having a sly dig at one of their two more prestigious neighbours on the other side of the water.

I thought it was a most interesting fact, rather than a 'most irrelevant' one. As quiz questions go, I think a very high percentage of people would be surprised by the answer. I have no issue with Everton, infact they have my sympathy. It cannot be easy personifying mediocrity whilst living in the constant shadow of such a successful club just a mile down the road
Saturn11 m ago

I thought it was a most interesting fact, rather than a 'most irrelevant' …I thought it was a most interesting fact, rather than a 'most irrelevant' one. As quiz questions go, I think a very high percentage of people would be surprised by the answer. I have no issue with Everton, intact they have my sympathy. It cannot be easy personifying mediocrity whilst living in the shadow of such a successful club just a mile down the road.

Getting promoted or even winning the title further down the footballing pyramid is in no way comparable to winning the top flight title or one of the cup competitions.

I'd go as far as to suggest winning the EFL trophy or whatever name it goes by counts as actually winning something more than getting promoted does.

I don't like Everton and I don't like any of their neighbours either so it's rather bizarre I find myself defending them as such but regardless of personal pet likes/hates they are a big traditional club who like many offers ain't won nothing for many a year.

That said had they got relegated at some point during this very lean period I highly doubt your average Evertonian would have been screaming 'glorious success' when they got promoted back in to the top flight.
Has big Sam ever had a job he hasn't been sacked from ?
Chasloyal6 m ago

Getting promoted or even winning the title further down the footballing …Getting promoted or even winning the title further down the footballing pyramid is in no way comparable to winning the top flight title or one of the cup competitions.I'd go as far as to suggest winning the EFL trophy or whatever name it goes by counts as actually winning something more than getting promoted does.I don't like Everton and I don't like any of their neighbours either so it's rather bizarre I find myself defending them as such but regardless of personal pet likes/hates they are a big traditional club who like many offers ain't won nothing for many a year.That said had they got relegated at some point during this very lean period I highly doubt your average Evertonian would have been screaming 'glorious success' when they got promoted back in to the top flight.

I didn't say anything to the contrary. It is just an interesting football fact - nothing more, nothing less.
psychobitchfromhell18 m ago

Has big Sam ever had a job he hasn't been sacked from ?

Westhoughton I would have thought, didn't he leave them for Newcastle?

Saturn17 m ago

I didn't say anything to the contrary. It is just an interesting football …I didn't say anything to the contrary. It is just an interesting football fact - nothing more, nothing less.

But it states by virtue of the woolybacks getting promoted from non league football back to the fourth division the other day it's a fact that they are now more successful than a club who has remained in the top flight not relegated for something stupid like 60 years
Chasloyal24 m ago

Westhoughton I would have thought, didn't he leave them for Newcastle?But …Westhoughton I would have thought, didn't he leave them for Newcastle?But it states by virtue of the woolybacks getting promoted from non league football back to the fourth division the other day it's a fact that they are now more successful than a club who has remained in the top flight not relegated for something stupid like 60 years

he is the kids of death
psychobitchfromhell16 m ago

he is the kids of death

I'm definitely not a fan of his but as far as I'm aware he's not took anyone down, quite the opposite he's a fireman who seems to keep teams up so kiss of death is a tad harsh.
Chasloyal4 m ago

I'm definitely not a fan of his but as far as I'm aware he's not took …I'm definitely not a fan of his but as far as I'm aware he's not took anyone down, quite the opposite he's a fireman who seems to keep teams up so kiss of death is a tad harsh.

he may not have taken anyone down, I think he did once but I'd have to check. If I'd been sacked as many times as he has been, I'd be pretty much unemployable. Football management is very fickle.
Rafa is a legend not just to Liverpool and Newcastle fans but to any true fans of the sport.

What he did with Newcastle with the funds available is remarkable,I do hope Mike ashley either gives rafa the funds he deserves or sells the club to someone that will.

Imagine what rafa could do with the financial power of arsenal if he can do what he did with Newcastle this season.
Edited by: "Snakeyes646" 16th May
Snakeyes6462 h, 1 m ago

Rafa is a legend not just to Liverpool and Newcastle fans but to any true …Rafa is a legend not just to Liverpool and Newcastle fans but to any true fans of the sport.What he did with Newcastle with the funds available is remarkable,I do hope Mike ashley either gives rafa the funds he deserves or sells the club to someone that will.Imagine what rafa could do with the financial power of arsenal if he can do what he did with Newcastle this season.

Arsenal are promising their new manager whoever that turns out to be a transfer kitty of 50 million quid, which as you well know gets you two thirds of a Southampton defender these days, so Rafa may as well stay put on the toon rather than go there.

Talking of Rafa, reports just beginning to break that the two David's and the delightful Mrs Peschisolido want him as the man to replace Moyes.

So Moyes can then move the other way(Ashley will have him) and once our Cockney friends from the other side of the water have hounded Rafa out too he can move up to Everton to complete this trio's golden triangle.

Yep big fat Sam, Rafa and Moyes will all have had a go at managing all three of the biggest offenders in the delusions of grandeur stakes.
Chasloyal18 m ago

Arsenal are promising their new manager whoever that turns out to be a …Arsenal are promising their new manager whoever that turns out to be a transfer kitty of 50 million quid, which as you well know gets you two thirds of a Southampton defender these days, so Rafa may as well stay put on the toon rather than go there.Talking of Rafa, reports just beginning to break that the two David's and the delightful Mrs Peschisolido want him as the man to replace Moyes.So Moyes can then move the other way(Ashley will have him) and once our Cockney friends from the other side of the water have hounded Rafa out too he can move up to Everton to complete this trio's golden triangle.Yep big fat Sam, Rafa and Moyes will all have had a go at managing all three of the biggest offenders in the delusions of grandeur stakes.

50 million is massive compared to Newcastles budget lol
Snakeyes64642 m ago

50 million is massive compared to Newcastles budget lol

I don't know if it is or if it ain't definitively but I'm sure your Gayles and Ritchies both cost 8 digit sums in the recent past.

Rafa definitely considers himself worth more than that having won the biggest pot in club football. He's been demanding assurances about funding for ages now and fatty Ashley is highly unlikely to give him what he wants so him walking away won't come as any surprise.

Cue whu offering him a more generous funding package. Think about it, the Cockneys have been restless all year with Gold Sullivan and that toxic bint feeling the heat big time.

Bringing European Cup winner Rafa in and giving him a few extra bob to spend will appease the natives for a while and my cynical nature says will make the club a far more attractive proposition for prospective buyers in the Far East and North America.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants