Big Garden Birdwatch - 26/27 Jan

4 replies
Found 26th Jan 2008
It couldn't be easier to take part in the Big Garden Birdwatch - the world's biggest bird survey. Just spend an hour over the weekend of 26 and 27 January 2008 counting the birds in your garden or local park.
Taking part in the Big Garden Birdwatch is simple and fun.

All you need to do is watch your garden or local park on either Saturday 26 or Sunday 27 January 2008.

Simply spend an hour counting the birds, recording the highest number of each species seen in your garden (not flying over) at any one time.

It's important you don't count all the birds you see because some birds will return to your garden many times in the hour. Seeing the same blue tit come back 10 times does not make 10 blue tits.

You can do your Birdwatch in your garden or a local park. Either way it's best to decide on a place where you can see the birds well and where you can sit quietly so they are not disturbed.
Use our counting sheet

Download the counting sheet to help you keep track of how many birds you've seen. The sheet has pictures of the commonest birds seen in gardens and space to cross off how many of each species you have seen together.

Please don't send this sheet back to us - this is just to help you record your counts.
Come to a Birdwatch event

One of the ways we hope you'll get involved in Big Garden Birdwatch is to attend one of our events.

Come along to meet our staff and volunteers, pick up tips about what you can do to help the birds in your garden and even buy some bird food.

Find an event near you.
Submit your results online

The online form will be open from 26 January 2008 for you to enter your counts. We will collate and publish the results in March 2008.

Link below

1. Misc
  2. Garden
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Garden
4 Comments

Original Poster

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj52/taasda/bgbw_logo_tcm9-174047.png

]Visit here

I did mine earlier .
4 Chaffinches
1 Robin
17 Starlings
2 Magpies ( resident)
1 Blackbird
31 Crows
5 Ravens
6 Sparrows
3 Thrushes
4 Blue - Tits
1 Great Tit

is this a joke ? Its just that you normally post funnd messages in the misc forum lol
I guess it isnt.

I went out and spotted a bird ... didnt have wings though

edit: I see you also got a glimpse of 1 Great Tit lol

taasda;1506225

I did mine earlier .4 Chaffinches1 Robin17 Starlings2 Magpies ( … I did mine earlier .4 Chaffinches1 Robin17 Starlings2 Magpies ( resident)1 Blackbird31 Crows5 Ravens6 Sparrows3 Thrushes4 Blue - Tits1 Great Tit

31 CROWS are you sure? Not that I'm laughing?
5 RAVENS? Are you incarcerated in the Tower?
Only 5 TITS? Must be at least one more.

Original Poster

31 CROWS are you sure? Not that I'm laughing?

Ok - may be some Rooks and Jackdaws amongst those. Just say 31 black birds of various sizes. :whistling:

5 RAVENS? Are you incarcerated in the Tower?

Usually more than that feed daily here.

Only 5 TITS? Must be at least one more.

I am afraid next door has 5 horrible cats. :x

Spend a fortune feeding all these. Have to mention that although I live by the sea, the only time the seagulls feed here is a few hours before we have snow.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Computer upgrades89
    2. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    3. Whey protien629
    4. Gearbest: Order - Nowhere to be seen...811

See more discussions