Big jump in sd capacity and speed on the horizon

Found 23rd JulEdited by:"supermann"
Have to wonder how long it'll take before we see these gains and when retailers will start offloading their regular sd cards.

New SD card specs tout 128TB max, up to almost 1GB per sec

cnet.com/new…ec/
Community Updates
MiscMicro SD
8 Comments
34463651-XR1no.jpg
Interesting, but your source says: But you'll probably never be able to buy a card even close to those.

Not even 1TB cards are available yet, this won't happen in reality any time soon
It is like the 4G con that we all happily subscribe to. It will never happen. However I expect if you look on Ali express or Ebay you will find someone willing to sell you something like this (returns not accepted).
Edited by: "mrty" 23rd Jul
Will they work on switch?
oh i cant wait to use these in my ...erm
means nothing atm really
This is just a new spec that has a lot of headroom to support much higher capacity but does nothing to actually make such high density cards possible.
There is something that will help to increase capacity and that is QLC NAND but that only increases density by 33% over TLC with all other things being equal.
Then there's all the new 3D NAND chips which I assume also increase density!
jamie01511 h, 40 m ago

Interesting, but your source says: But you'll probably never be able to …Interesting, but your source says: But you'll probably never be able to buy a card even close to those.Not even 1TB cards are available yet, this won't happen in reality any time soon

OP added a faked news headline to the linked article, he used the idiom, on the horizon. The article never claimed this, they claimed the opposite, it is not coming soon.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions