Groups
    EXPIRED

Big Lemon Fancy

Mr Kiping recently released a giant version of their French fancies cakes. I've seen the pink one in both Tesco and Asda but neither stock the yellow one.

Has anyone seen them anywhere?

(I even, sadly, emailed mr kipling and they never got back to me )

5 Comments

I've seen the yellow one on the shelf in a supermarket, but can't remember which now sorry. Possibly Sainsburys.

That said, I'd steer clear of them as they're just a gimmick and nowhere near as good as 20 x original french fancies would be!

Original Poster

I've already had the pink one, and they're lovely.
    Much better as a birthday cake or gift than a bunch of boxes of lil cakes.

I agree they look better Artemis, but the taste is nothing like a proper french fancy which to me, is what it's all about. In the oversized one, the cream is runny and sickly and the icing to cake ratio is all wrong too.

Joff;4036891

I agree they look better Artemis, but the taste is nothing like a proper … I agree they look better Artemis, but the taste is nothing like a proper french fancy which to me, is what it's all about. In the oversized one, the cream is runny and sickly and the icing to cake ratio is all wrong too.

[email protected] cake expert

I'd like to think it's one of my areas of expertise... from a consumer's point of view of course

Have a look at pimpthatsnack.com for amateur versions of oversized foods, someone's even attempted their own FF! pimpthatsnack.com/for…762
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?67
      2. Tooth extraction55
      3. Localphone VOIP long distance app broken (not ios11 compatible)23
      4. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?38

See more discussions