'Big' Nintendo Switch announcement tonight - Nintendo Labo (27/04/2018)

Editor 47
Found 17th Jan
There's not really much I can tell you to be honest other than "specially crafted for kids and those who are kids at heart"

565369326-1516184944.jpg
[Source: Eurogamer]

What is Nintendo Labo [Link]

Community Updates
  1. Misc
  2. Gaming
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Gaming
45 Comments
Some more major release announcements perhaps? like the Yoshi game....

OR... even better, some form of BC where we can register Wii U Games and download to play on the Switch? (im dreaming of course)
Original Poster Editor
Maverick_TF4 m ago

Some more major release announcements perhaps? like the Yoshi game.... …Some more major release announcements perhaps? like the Yoshi game.... OR... even better, some form of BC where we can register Wii U Games and download to play on the Switch? (im dreaming of course)

I've just spotted this...

33080589-bTQmM.jpg
"A New Way to Play"
BuzzDuraband4 m ago

I've just spotted this...[Image] "A New Way to Play"

Nice! although i dunno what other ways we could play?
Original Poster Editor
Maverick_TF1 m ago

Nice! although i dunno what other ways we could play?

As somebody just said to me, whatever it is - it'll cost us £345 to do so
Their twitter page says its a new interactive experience specially crafted for kids... so im gonna go with some form of VR set or along those lines haha
deleted800342
BuzzDuraband6 m ago

As somebody just said to me, whatever it is - it'll cost us £345 to do so …As somebody just said to me, whatever it is - it'll cost us £345 to do so

I was about to say they just want to flog you some new accessories!
Maverick_TF51 m ago

OR... even better, some form of BC where we can register Wii U Games and …OR... even better, some form of BC where we can register Wii U Games and download to play on the Switch? (im dreaming of course)

That's more of a coma delusion.
The implementation of this is my guess
Edited by: "OllieSt" 17th Jan
Original Poster Editor
OllieSt2 m ago

The implementation of this is my guess

That's been pushed back to the back end of this year according to the last update bud.
BuzzDuraband18 m ago

That's been pushed back to the back end of this year according to the last …That's been pushed back to the back end of this year according to the last update bud.

Then I’m excited.
The announcement is anybody that bought it should stick it in the bin
Banned
Scotland131429 m ago

Sales figures are fantastic.
I bought one during the Ebay 20% discount. Played Mario odyssey for maybe 15 mins, got bored. Gave it to my 12 year old daughter, she lasted about the same. She went back to her 3ds, I realised i bought too early in its life and it’s sat on a shelf ever since.

i understand games take a while to arrive, but there is no excuse to not have entertainment apps like YouTube, Netflix, etc. I thought worst case I can watch videos on it if the games are dodgy, but no
Edited by: "pinkleponkle" 17th Jan
Original Poster Editor
Scotland131450 m ago

It's Nintendo's fastest selling console to date and sold more units than the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in December.

Granted those consoles have been around for much longer, but I doubt advising to bin a console that only took 10 months to eclipse the sales the Wii U made in its six year lifespan are high up on Nintendo's announcements at the minute.
Hopefully a price drop!
Or maybe a stand alone version instead of the dock!
Rather confusing to me that people who don't like the console would waste their thumbs typing in this particular post, about how much they don't like it.

I think the game releases in its first year have been excellent. Zelda, Mario, xenoblade, splatoon all released within 10 months so I do don't think we'll get a super smash or anything as huge as that in terms of releases. I'd welcome an achievement system/revamp of the UI with the included pay to play services if they was tonight's announcement. I don't know what I'm expecting to be honest though. But I'm excited
chantelle3101 h, 36 m ago

Rather confusing to me that people who don't like the console would waste …Rather confusing to me that people who don't like the console would waste their thumbs typing in this particular post, about how much they don't like it.I think the game releases in its first year have been excellent. Zelda, Mario, xenoblade, splatoon all released within 10 months so I do don't think we'll get a super smash or anything as huge as that in terms of releases. I'd welcome an achievement system/revamp of the UI with the included pay to play services if they was tonight's announcement. I don't know what I'm expecting to be honest though. But I'm excited

I don't understand it either. I never owned a single Nintendo game console except NES. Switch is the second console i bought from Nintendo. I love it so much only due to its portability and a few games that I love to play repeatedly(splatoon 2+pokken) . It is more expensive than what I like it to be but so as the full cost of other consoles

I don't understand the need to bash this console at all. I mostly play games on my gaming laptop and PS4 (hardly touch PS4 and gave it to little bro in the end)
deleted265520
pinkleponkle4 h, 33 m ago

I bought one during the Ebay 20% discount. Played Mario odyssey for maybe …I bought one during the Ebay 20% discount. Played Mario odyssey for maybe 15 mins, got bored. Gave it to my 12 year old daughter, she lasted about the same. She went back to her 3ds, I realised i bought too early in its life and it’s sat on a shelf ever since.i understand games take a while to arrive, but there is no excuse to not have entertainment apps like YouTube, Netflix, etc. I thought worst case I can watch videos on it if the games are dodgy, but no

Oh go away.

Who plays Mario Odyssey for 15 minutes and gets bored? Shall we just ignore the universal 10/10 reviews everywhere?

Who buys a Nintendo console and then starts moaning about entertainment apps? It's 2018 people have been using smartphones for all in one entertainment devices for the best part of a decade.
DT8917th Jan

Oh go away.Who plays Mario Odyssey for 15 minutes and gets bored? Shall we …Oh go away.Who plays Mario Odyssey for 15 minutes and gets bored? Shall we just ignore the universal 10/10 reviews everywhere?Who buys a Nintendo console and then starts moaning about entertainment apps? It's 2018 people have been using smartphones for all in one entertainment devices for the best part of a decade.

I say it as I see it, everyone is different, but that’s where I’m at with the switch at present. Just because you disagree doesn’t make how I feel wrong. The switch has plenty of time to win me over, once more games come out that draw me in then it’s sitting there waiting to be turned back on
deleted265520
pinkleponkle10 m ago

I say it as I see it, everyone is different, but that’s where I’m at with t …I say it as I see it, everyone is different, but that’s where I’m at with the switch at present. Just because you disagree doesn’t make how I feel wrong. The switch has plenty of time to win me over, once more games come out that draw me in then it’s sitting there waiting to be turned back on

The Switch doesn't have to do anything to win you over.

If you got bored after playing Mario Odyssey for 15 minutes then Nintendo consoles clearly aren't for you.
DT8917th Jan

The Switch doesn't have to do anything to win you over.If you got bored …The Switch doesn't have to do anything to win you over.If you got bored after playing Mario Odyssey for 15 minutes then Nintendo consoles clearly aren't for you.

Not at all, if that was the case they would release Mario odyssey and then just leave it there. Why does it bother you so much that my first impression hasn’t been all that glowing? You’re naive if you think I’m the only one that found it boring. I’ve had Nintendo consoles since the SNES, I am well aware of the types of games that are released for them. I’m happy to wait, knowing the hardware is already in the house and I just need to buy the cartridge
It might be a Switch exclusive Bloodborne 2

I know, I'm clutching at straws now
Facebook is buying Nintendo and they will build the switch in to Occulus headsets.
Original Poster Editor
Wow... Interesting concept... But I don't think it's for me... XD.. Too lazy to build things from cardboard... Already wasted a lot of time and money by now..
Oh wow... is this for real? I’m gobsmacked, massive news that
This honestly looks amazing.
What a great idea. Look at the pictures on labo.nintendo.com
The IR camera (red joycon) is used to see all movement/moving parts
BuzzDuraband28 m ago

[Video]

That is the coolest thing ever!

Hopefully not £50 per sheet of card lol.

Edit; just saw the prices, and it was so close to being an awesome idea
Edited by: "catbeans" 17th Jan
What a load of crap
deleted265520
Seems like a massive gimmick to me.

Wouldn't trust a young child with using a joy con or screen in such a manner.
Really made me smile - such a joyful concept
Er, no. Thanks.
DT8917th Jan

Seems like a massive gimmick to me.Wouldn't trust a young child with using …Seems like a massive gimmick to me.Wouldn't trust a young child with using a joy con or screen in such a manner.

Yeah don't let them have any fun, best to sit them down and chain them to a radiator to make sure they can't jump around with excitement.
catbeans17th Jan

Yeah don't let them have any fun, best to sit them down and chain them to …Yeah don't let them have any fun, best to sit them down and chain them to a radiator to make sure they can't jump around with excitement.

Yep. Exactly what @DT89 was suggesting.
Ever unpredictable Nintendo. I don't think it will be a massive seller, but those who have it will enjoy it and I'm not going to get angry about someone else having fun.
Ah cardboard, the sturdiest, moat resilient material known to man.

All its going to take is a small foot, or some tears + spilt milk and that's £60 in the recycling bin.

Cool idea tho.
So 70 bucks for some cardboard and elastic bands? Erm.....
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants