Big Spider spotted today.

Found 1st Jan
i went out shopping today and on the pavement moving very slowly was a spider I have never seen before. it was big but was very docile probably the cold. Spiders don't really bother me so I tried to move it out the way and it went on its back and got a bit grumpy and tried to attack. Does anyone know what it is, is it possibly a tube web spider as found a picture similar but the abdomen doesn't have the same markings. ta
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
We need more details. Exact location so can avoid area within a radius of 50 miles at least
15 Comments
32968695.jpg
Think I have already answered myself, searching more I'm pretty certain it's a tube web unless anyone else thinks differently?
Edited by: "caverncity" 1st Jan
Awww what a cutie
Run away it's bloody massive lo
That would be nice roasted on a stick with some salt and pepper rub.
We need more details. Exact location so can avoid area within a radius of 50 miles at least
8 legged nope nope.
I way is that in the uk my godness
caverncity11 h, 58 m ago

[Image] Think I have already answered myself, searching more I'm pretty …[Image] Think I have already answered myself, searching more I'm pretty certain it's a tube web unless anyone else thinks differently?

Best to kill it just to be sure
I have a few False Widows knocking about on my conservatory eves which look similar.
mxer45019 m ago

I have a few False Widows knocking about on my conservatory eves which …I have a few False Widows knocking about on my conservatory eves which look similar.

this is a lot bigger than a false widow, if it is a tube web then these spiders are the enemy and the false widow run in fear of them. look at the video further down the news report thats how big it is

dailystar.co.uk/new…ent
Edited by: "caverncity" 2nd Jan
Looks like it belongs in the outback
Looks like it belongs in a sandwich
adeljay921 h, 36 m ago

Looks like it belongs in the outback

It's spelt 'Orbit'
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions