Groups

BIKE

Can anyons suggest a way of getting my nearly three year old, to pedal his new bike pedals forward and not backwards? he can do half a turn on the pedals but can quite get to grips with doning the whole circle with the pedals!!! Any suggestions?

13 Comments

He probably needs to build up his strength in his legs,3 quite young yet. Are the pedals not too stiff also? Thats another reason why they find it hard and can only do half way.
    He will get there eventually.

:)this will come with practice ... you just have to keep on showing him the right way & he will get the hang of it all of a sudden !!

Banned

big hill let go he will soon get the hang of it

that how i taught my nephew to ride a bike

http://content.pyzam.com/funnypics/people/poor_baby.jpg

Time is the only thing, he will get the hang of it eventually!

Original Poster

He's generally a quick little learner, bikes not to heavy on the pedal,, just needs to keep the motion going forwards! not backwards

Original Poster

NO HONEST iT HASN'T SQUARE WHEELS! LOL

Put him at the top a steep hill and give him a push

Banned

danby jason;2276687

big hill let go he will soon get the hang of it that how i taught my … big hill let go he will soon get the hang of it that how i taught my nephew to ride a bike

sharkalos;2276769

Put him at the top a steep hill and give him a push

have patience just keep his feet on pedals and push gently forward and if he hasn't got the hang of pedalling he will soon enough. no rush

my 3 year old daughter does exactly the same thing. just give it time

sellotape feet to pedals and pull the bike forwards
    drastic i know but worked for us

get another kid same age to show him and he may end up copying

Hold the back of his saddle and walk with him when he's peddling, then as he builds his confidence let go without telling him. I did this with my wee boy and had him cycling in a morning.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2485
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)62483
      3. Spotify Family Premium share722
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7201356

See more discussions