Groups

bike advise please....

have been riding my hardtail for the last 2 years and now selling it on on ebay and thinking of buying a trialton bike that only weighs 7 kilos, anyone have a racing bike on here-if so how hard are they to ride?
    c
    h
    e
    e
    r
    s

7 Comments

Original Poster

anyone?

They are so easy to ride since they're so light and built for road use.
    If you've been using a hardtail on the road with off-road tyres then you'll be flying with a purpose built road bike.

Banned

Magic_monkey;5049875

They are so easy to ride since they're so light and built for road use.If … They are so easy to ride since they're so light and built for road use.If you've been using a hardtail on the road with off-road tyres then you'll be flying with a purpose built road bike.

agreed! the amount of people that go flying past me on my specialized enduro is sickening, but at least i get best of both worlds!!

Original Poster

casparwhite;5050002

agreed! the amount of people that go flying past me on my specialized … agreed! the amount of people that go flying past me on my specialized enduro is sickening, but at least i get best of both worlds!!

yeer i've been overtaken a few times but will be able to overtake all the people that overtake me if i get a racing bike-will feel so good when they get owned!

What do you want the bike for? If it's for triathlon, time trial or road racing? If your going to spend the kind of cash needed to buy a 7kg full carbon bike you need to test some out. Go to your local road bike shop to try a few for size. Or contact your local road bike club, most are happy to let you have a spin on there bikes. There will also be a huge range of bikes from people with a £500 bike upto people with a £2k bike.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;5050658

What do you want the bike for? If it's for triathlon, time trial or road … What do you want the bike for? If it's for triathlon, time trial or road racing? If your going to spend the kind of cash needed to buy a 7kg full carbon bike you need to test some out. Go to your local road bike shop to try a few for size. Or contact your local road bike club, most are happy to let you have a spin on there bikes. There will also be a huge range of bikes from people with a £500 bike upto people with a £2k bike.

hi im after it for mostly road racing -thanks for the advise,do you have a racing bike?

JACKIT99;5050834

hi im after it for mostly road racing -thanks for the advise,do you have … hi im after it for mostly road racing -thanks for the advise,do you have a racing bike?

Yes but for road use. I don't race though.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…1973
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …3571353
      3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread417514148
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764603

See more discussions