Bike Chain Problem

Posted 24th Nov
Anyone know how to get this back to working order? I'm quite inexperienced in bikes except changing the inner tube but this time round I didn't pay enough attention. 3341132-iQYhp.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

12 Comments
How's it got in that position without you undoing the deraileur.
You need to undo the bolts on the deraileur and move the cogs to one side and reposition the chain then put the cogs back.
stefromuk24/11/2019 17:10

How's it got in that position without you undoing the deraileur.You need …How's it got in that position without you undoing the deraileur.You need to undo the bolts on the deraileur and move the cogs to one side and reposition the chain then put the cogs back.

Is there any videos on YouTube that I could follow, sorry im just very inexperienced with this so I wouldn't even know what to type into YouTube or a little diagram?
Edited by: "thegamingkinginfo" 24th Nov
logic might help.

its a shimano sis system derailleur (as per your picture)

+ set up ..as your keywords.

or a basic Bike wiki?

also, you need to lube everything beforehand as it looks stiff & unloved, ..chain lube
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 24th Nov
if it got into that position, it must go back. hubby's bike used to do this a lot and he used a screw driver to prize the chain out and back to its original position.
thegamingkinginfo24/11/2019 17:12

Is there any videos on YouTube that I could follow, sorry im just very …Is there any videos on YouTube that I could follow, sorry im just very inexperienced with this so I wouldn't even know what to type into YouTube or a little diagram?

I don't know tbh.
It's only a 10mm spanner needed and there one going through each cog.
^this
bit of a spanner myself at this
so I do feel your pain if that helps at all ?
Mr_Gus24/11/2019 17:31

also, you need to lube everything beforehand as it looks stiff & unloved, …also, you need to lube everything beforehand as it looks stiff & unloved, ..chain lube

My life
Chain split it then loop through again.
What did you change?
Jockey wheels look new?
Errrrm just push it back to where it should be? You have it in the open position to allow the cassette to drop out . Definitely dont start unbolting things or breaking chains!39215512-1fvC8.jpg

oh and please clean it
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions