Bike for 10 Year Old

Found 13th Jun
Hello everyone. I’m looking to buy a bike for my daughter with a budget of £150. Preferably not too heavy as the ride to school is uphill. I’ve looked at some size guides and will probably need 26” wheels. Any suggestions on what kind of bike I should get.

All help appreciated...
Community Updates
AskFitness
4 Comments
I'm not great with bikes but I ride occasionally to work on my old bike and they are 26" wheels and I would think that's a bit big for a 10 year old.
I suppose it depends on how big she is for her age , but saying that she will be going through a growing spurt in a few years like they do.
stefromuk19 m ago

I'm not great with bikes but I ride occasionally to work on my old bike …I'm not great with bikes but I ride occasionally to work on my old bike and they are 26" wheels and I would think that's a bit big for a 10 year old.I suppose it depends on how big she is for her age , but saying that she will be going through a growing spurt in a few years like they do.

She is quite tall for her age. Looks more like a 13 year old
Edited by: "the_b3st" 13th Jun
You are best going down to the bike stores and having her try out. This will get an idea of preference of what she wants/feels comfortable on and what best fits.

If going to Halfords you can increase that £150 by using Zeek vouchers (presently offering 8%), if you have topcashback/quidco funds then cashing as Zeek credit also gives you more funds.

Then keeping an eye on here when the voucher offers come up - about 6 weeks ago they had 20% off all kids bike and there was another 20% voucher on here that was on top - one or the other is not uncommon.
Look on a bike retailers website, for the height of your daughter and frame size, aluminium frames are lighter that steel, dont go for one with double suspension as your daughter is unlikely to use it and it just adds weight, unsure whether front suspension any use because it just adds weight, look on ebay/shpock pick a couple of bikes and google for reviews, you'll save a lot of money, my daughter wants a kickstand on her bike and it has too look good
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants