EXPIRED

Bike for a 13 year old - BMX??

Its my sons birthday in 3 weeks and he wants a new bike. He would prefer a BMX as opposed to a mountain bike, but I know absolutely nothing about bikes.

Can anyone reconmend a bike and where to get one from. Obviously I am looking for a 'hot deal'

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Cath

10 Comments

How much do you want to spend, prices vary from £50 to £5000.

Original Poster

have already got him some things so looking at around £75 - £100 mark

Argos have a few deals on BMX's,

http://www.argos.co.uk/wcsstore/argos/images/129-3321322A68UC406166M.jpg Priced at £90, suit him if he wants to do stunts

Original Poster

choc1969;2803265

Argos have a few deals on BMX's, Priced at £90, suit him if he wants to … Argos have a few deals on BMX's, Priced at £90, suit him if he wants to do stunts

thanks for that, will check it out

rep left

In Halfords for £80 in store

[IMG]washford.scene7.com/is/…916?$prod$[/IMG]X-Rated Exile 2 Freestyle BMX Bike

Original Poster

do you know what size I would need to buy, just looking at some on ebay atm but dont know sizes?

20" wheels? and frame size for 5'2"? (sorry to be a pain) :thumbsup:

How tall is your son ?

My 13 yr old nephew is about 5ft 6 and has a 24" bmx.......

be warned though, he's forever taking it apart and swapping kit with his mates so buy your son a little toolkit too

Original Poster

he is 5ft 2 at the moment but seems to be towering over me more by the day lol. Dont think he would be in to swapping bits as he is too lazy! but will probably get him a tool kit anyway

20" would be fine then as a starting bike, but depends, see some kids and young guys riding low on their bikes in the park near me. To me it looks rather silly but.......

Take him to Halfords....they'll size him up and give you options...then come back on here to get a good deal

Original Poster

choc1969;2803480

20" would be fine then as a starting bike, but depends, see some kids and … 20" would be fine then as a starting bike, but depends, see some kids and young guys riding low on their bikes in the park near me. To me it looks rather silly but.......Take him to Halfords....they'll size him up and give you options...then come back on here to get a good deal

Great, thanks for that

Really appreciate the help :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Avoiding Car hire excess (Tenerife)68
    2. Anyone use a FitBit Surge?11
    3. seller asked for IMEI87
    4. How much would you pay for this chair?1925

See more discussions