bike frame size question

Found 4th Dec 2010
hi all

looking at buying a 2nd hand bike on fleabay all looks ideal for what i need but bit worried frame size is 18 inches and im 6ft 3 inches

is this is a complete no go?

gfriend seems to think it is but sure the last one i had wasnt any bigger than that

thanks

1. Misc
  2. Bike
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Bike
15 Comments

I'm the same height as you, and I used to have a 21" frame. Doesn't really matter IMO, as long as you can adjust the handle bars and seat to suit you.

Well depends what it's for. If you using it for off road 18" is probably spot on my bro is 6ft 4" and his kona is an 18". If your just going to use it for paths and to ride to work then you may want to go a little bigger to give your back an easier time.

^^^ On Halfords site, first question is - what size bike do I need?

I'm 6ft and ride a 19" hardtail mountain bike. I honestly don't think an 18" frame will be big enough for you.

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Well depends what it's for. If you using it for off road 18" is probably … Well depends what it's for. If you using it for off road 18" is probably spot on my bro is 6ft 4" and his kona is an 18". If your just going to use it for paths and to ride to work then you may want to go a little bigger to give your back an easier time.

Best thing is to go test it out, only way to tell. There is more to frame dimensions than frame hight, which doesn't take into account sloping top tube designs.

Lol was meant to be an edit not quote!
Edited by: "GAVINLEWISHUKD" 4th Dec 2010

Original Poster

thanks a lot for advice guys

inside leg??

Mountain bike fine road bike too small in my opinion

stewby

Mountain bike fine road bike too small in my opinion

Well we were taking it was a mountain bike as road bike are generally sized in cm.

But yes your generally spot on.

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Well we were taking it was a mountain bike as road bike are generally … Well we were taking it was a mountain bike as road bike are generally sized in cm.But yes your generally spot on.

It coulf also be a hybrid! Quandry.

Original Poster

its a mountain bike a barracuda infact

are they any good btw?

cheers

jbarnsie

its a mountain bike a barracuda infactare they any good btw?cheers

cheap basic bikes. how much are you paying?

Original Poster

listed for 35 not paying more than 50 dont need anythingbetter just for work

Original Poster

upto 60 quid already!!

seems hard to get a cheap basic bike on fleabay
Post a comment
@
    Text