Found 5th Feb 2010
Need help buying a bike!!

its for going back and forth to work etc and hoping it will encourage me to do alot more riding for fitness etc - sick of bloody £3 a day on buses!!

was hoping to spend about £100-150...but theres so many decisions!

im a lump of a guy so none of these bikes made of foil! my 15 stone arse will only buckle them!! :P

cheers for help guys appreciate somebody in the knows opinion!

steve.

1. Ask
  2. Bike
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Bike
5 Comments

i would get one off freecycle to try it first? i dont want to be negative but you may not like it..

Original Poster

i know i'll use it once i have 1 - i left my £300 claud butler bike in my old house and it got nicked.... and the bike ive got now is worth about £7... weighs about 19 stone and grinds on a flat road

so yeah i def want a bike - just a case of not knowing what to buy - and i keep walking past cash generator and seeing a bike i could buy...but they look so dodgy im not sure if im being conned...

they also look like they've come straight from somebodys unsuspecting garage etc :P

:thumbsup: If you work for a large company there is a scheme for "cheap bikes " where you can get them reduced under a green scheme so you can be seen to be green on your bike and I can carry on keeping warm using my car driving into town

Banned

Halford have 20% off for the next few days...I know they have a dodgy way of moving their prices about, but this is a genuin deal on all Carrara bikes at the moment.

You can pick up a Carrara Crossfire town and country for £200
halfords.com/web…534

or a Carrara Vulan for £200 which has quite a good reputaion for an entry level mountain halfords.com/web…d=t

You could try [url]sterlinghouse.co.uk,have[/url] used them before and can recommend.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Driving anxiety.2944
    2. Ea access code for xbox?22
    3. Best sub £100 and sub £50 android phones?11
    4. Wireless External Harddrive Recommendations24

See more discussions