Groups

Bike lights, anyone recommend me a good set?

I've started mountain biking a few months ago and mainly go off road through woods etc but now the dark nights are here i need a decent set of lights, i've been told hope vision 4 are good but they are way out of my price range, anyone know of any good lights that they use, also looking for a helmet light to go with it.

Rep for any help

23 Comments

might be worth you going down to halfords - sale on - especially for helmet - to get correct size

halfords.com/

free shipping on these
    amazon.co.uk/BIC…8-5

Banned

holly100;6415836

might be worth you going down to halfords - sale on - especially for … might be worth you going down to halfords - sale on - especially for helmet - to get correct sizehttp://www.halfords.com/free shipping on thesehttp://www.amazon.co.uk/BICYCLE-BIKE-CYCLING-FRONT-LIGHT/dp/B001SQ4PAG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1254088924&sr=8-5

What an unhelpful reply?

if you don't know -why post?

I'm sure he's aware halfords stock bike lights, and I'm sure the generic link to what appear to be the worst set of lights ever created (with free postage) is equally pointless.

souljacker:have you considered a bike shop?

vibeone;6415852

What an unhelpful reply?if you don't know -why post?I'm sure he's aware … What an unhelpful reply?if you don't know -why post?I'm sure he's aware halfords stock bike lights, and I'm sure the generic link to what appear to be the worst set of lights ever created (with free postage) is equally pointless.souljacker:have you considered a bike shop?

well why dont you look for a Good set of lights instead of insulting me - read your post back and cringe - you called my post pointless:w00t::w00t::w00t:

Banned

holly100;6415889

well why dont you look for a Good set of lights instead of insulting me - … well why dont you look for a Good set of lights instead of insulting me - read your post back and cringe - you called my post pointless:w00t::w00t::w00t:

No cringing here - I was responding to the most pointless reply to a query I've ever seen - even on HUKDs. Are you on a rep hunt or what?

You do realise the bike shop comment was a joke right?

Read your own post back, and point me in the direction of ANY useful information?

Hey OP, try these (first result in google): amazon.co.uk/Fri…J0O

You clearly have no idea on this topic holly, so why waste peoples time with such crud? Misinformation is worse than no information - did you select those particular lights for any reason other than woo free postage?

Original Poster

holly100;6415836

might be worth you going down to halfords - sale on - especially for … might be worth you going down to halfords - sale on - especially for helmet - to get correct sizehttp://www.halfords.com/free shipping on thesehttp://www.amazon.co.uk/BICYCLE-BIKE-CYCLING-FRONT-LIGHT/dp/B001SQ4PAG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=sports&qid=1254088924&sr=8-5

I haven't got a halfords near me and i was looking for a helmet LIGHT, not a helmet:whistling:

And thanks but them lights you linked to are not really what i'm looking for, i was looking for opinions of people that actually do what i'll be doing, riding off road through woods not to be seen on the road by cars.

sorry, this is hillarious

Banned

souljacker;6415916

I haven't got a halfords near me and i was looking for a helmet LIGHT, … I haven't got a halfords near me and i was looking for a helmet LIGHT, not a helmet:whistling:And thanks but them lights you linked to are not really what i'm looking for, i was looking for opinions of people that actually do what i'll be doing, riding off road through woods not to be seen on the road by cars

Have you tried Dominos then? They do pizza's - and theres a sale on.

Also, heres a picture of a dog: blog.oregonlive.com/ore…JPG

Hope this helps.

(ill leave now, good luck getting some useful advice tho - genuinely)

This is a really good site with some pretty decent prices chainreactioncycles.com/

as i said nobody had answered op post - as for the light set - op asked for a cheap one - amazon one looked a good deal

i will admit i know nothing technical about bikes - but your suggestion - erm go to a bike shop - pure genius eh:thumbsup:

and halfords do have a good sale on

and do not insult me by saying am i on a rep hunt

the reputation i have is due to deals/comps / freebies i have posted -

as opposed to your reputation of being a nasty bar steward:thumbsup:

Original Poster

why are all these plums ruining my thread?

do any of you actually ride bikes and have knowledge of lights?

Original Poster

holly100;6415931

as i said nobody had answered op post - as for the light set - op asked … as i said nobody had answered op post - as for the light set - op asked for a cheap one - amazon one looked a good deal i will admit i know nothing technical about bikes - but your suggestion - erm go to a bike shop - pure genius eh:thumbsup:and halfords do have a good sale onand do not insult me by saying am i on a rep huntthe reputation i have is due to deals/comps / freebies i have posted -as opposed to your reputation of being a nasty bar steward:thumbsup:

I know you are trying to help but i really need something better than a £6 light

The ones i mentioned in the op are £250 i was looking for soemthing around £100 - £150

Original Poster

donnydude;6415929

This is a really good site with some pretty decent prices … This is a really good site with some pretty decent prices http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/

cheers donny, i've already had a look at that :thumbsup:

Banned

souljacker;6415932

why are all these plums ruining my thread?do any of you actually ride … why are all these plums ruining my thread?do any of you actually ride bikes and have knowledge of lights?

Dunno - sorry if I've annoyed you, I was just trying to make a point.

I ride mountain bikes, but have no real technical knowledge of lights, so wasn't gonna post a load of pointless rubbish for you to trawl though. Sadly it turns out i did that anyway, so sorry about that.

Like I said, I'll leave now - good luck!

Original Poster

vibeone;6415942

Dunno - sorry if I've annoyed you, I was just trying to make a point.I … Dunno - sorry if I've annoyed you, I was just trying to make a point.I ride mountain bikes, but have no real technical knowledge of lights, so wasn't gonna post a load of pointless rubbish for you to trawl though. Sadly it turns out i did that anyway, so sorry about that.Like I said, I'll leave now - good luck!

no worries vibe, i see you were just having a laugh about the first reply, thanks anyway :thumbsup:

There are some recommendations in this thread
    bikeradar.com/for…507

My suggestion would be to check out Ay Up's...

£149 gets you the Roadie kit with 1 x twin high power LED + 6 hour battery life
    £249 gets you the MTb kit, with 2 x twin high power LED + 6 hr + 2 x 3hr batteries

The kits come with loads bits and pieces, are super light, and available in 2 different beam types.

Google Ay Up lights for more info (there is a UK site, delivery was stupidly quick, like ordered 11am, received next morning).

There was also a thread on here about some cheap (£10) Tesco torches which cyclists fixed to their helmet and I'm fairly certain it linked to this thread
    bikeradar.com/for…t=0
    It was probably this one
    direct.tesco.com/q/R…spx
    Its out of stock but might give some ideas for a cheaper alternative to Ay Up..........

there are some pretty good ones at Halfords, they are end of line but they are pretty bright, hard to find them though, my sister uses them and she rides at night and obviously has to be bright. ]linky....

I use one of these with a torch mount on the handlebars when I'm off road:
    dealextreme.com/det…401

I always used cateyes but there are some decent lights coming out of china these days for not a lot of money,These seem to have good reviews dealextreme.com/det…149

Also have to say there is nothing like flying down a trail you know well on night with a good set of lights,But stick to trails you know and always carry at least one spare torch,

Before buying any lights it would make good sense to go to a bike shop & see what's available - not necessarily to buy, but to look at what sort of lights there are, & get some advice on the pros and cons of the different ones. Then start shopping around.

It would be a shame to spend that much money on a set & then find that they're no good for what you want.

Original Poster

thanks guys, repped:thumbsup:

Could try ]these

for £15.20 reduced from £37.99 until tomorrow. Good ratings, free postage and a cracking shop as well.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047172
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767418
      3. Does anyone have a Sky voucher code that they wont use?67
      4. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17876394

See more discussions