Groups

Bill Gates Leaves Microsoft

"Bill Gates is one of the most influential and wealthiest people the world has ever seen. He's a ruthless businessman who built Microsoft into a software empire that would dominate office and home computing around the world.

Forbes named Gates as the world's richest person for 13 years straight. But all good things must come to an end. On June 27, he is leaving the company he co-founded more than 30 years ago to devote himself to philanthropic work at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Here's a look back at Gates' career and what lies ahead for him."

Source forbes.com/200…ies

You're the richest man in the world..... what do you do now?

18 Comments

Buy a 360? :w00t:

Bill who??

Original Poster

t0mm;2393750

Buy a 360? :w00t:

could you imagine if his gor the RROD? :w00t:

He's going to have to find something pretty spectacular for the 'buzz' to keep him going....................... he enjoys the journey & that's for sure !, could be interesting.

Didn't he say he was going to use his money to cure cancer?

I think it's great that someone who has earnt all that money does something useful with it rather than just buying mansions etc. I'm sure he'll keep enough to lead a very nice life indeed but good on him for giving most of it for good causes.

Benjimoron;2393841

Didn't he say he was going to use his money to cure cancer?I think it's … Didn't he say he was going to use his money to cure cancer?I think it's great that someone who has earnt all that money does something useful with it rather than just buying mansions etc. I'm sure he'll keep enough to lead a very nice life indeed but good on him for giving most of it for good causes.

Well why hasn't he done it already?

MinstrelMan;2393809

could you imagine if his gor the RROD? :w00t:

Bill has a real 360 for personal use, he keeps sending out 'buggy' ones to us so that we have to keep buying new ones with upgrades.

They've been doing it with Windows for years.

Original Poster

Benjimoron;2393841

Didn't he say he was going to use his money to cure cancer?I think it's … Didn't he say he was going to use his money to cure cancer?I think it's great that someone who has earnt all that money does something useful with it rather than just buying mansions etc. I'm sure he'll keep enough to lead a very nice life indeed but good on him for giving most of it for good causes.

i think his No2 at MS gives a lot to charity, seen it one of those MTV shows slurge or something.

Banned

Bill gates is rated!! You dont see the Queen of England donating any money....

Bill Gates always has and always will donate money to charity for people who are less fortunate then him!

Rated Bill Gates!!

I would imagine he is going to become much more hands on in putting things in place for cures to move forward.

Certainly he has helped enourmously with the improvment in treatment and prevention of malaria. Has enabled so many scientists to make advances that never would have been possible.

he isnt the worlds richest man anymore hehe

Banned

ide buy a McFlurry

I wonder if they have to give him tax relief? ie if you did it in this country wouldn't the government have to pay the tax back too? So if you donated 100 billion then the government would have to donate 40 billion? Now that would be funny!

There was a show on BBC talking about this last week i think. He's going to spend all his money on trying to cure malaria i believe. Although im not 100% sure if he is leaving MS. In the documentary he says he just wont be in the office anymore lol.

On that programme on the bbc about him they said hes got enough money to buy everyone in the world a burger and still have loads of money left, so thats one thing he could try to do

He's leaving the day-to-day running of Microsoft, but he'll still be available at Microsoft as a consultant for projects, giving advice to the management.

Linux!!!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553784
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767239
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4671406
      4. Amazon S&S price fix question11

See more discussions