Bill increases Feb 2015 Virgin Media - Cancel your contract for FREE!!

29 replies
Found 3rd Jan 2015
YES YOU CAN CANCEL FOR FREE!!
OR GET BETTER OFFER UP TO YOU.

hi as you know Virgin Media - Bill increases Feb 2015 - so you can Cancel your contract for free!! i have 6 months left on my contract. regards

Dear xxxxx

We wanted to let you know that, from 1st February 2015*, the price of your Virgin Media services will increase by £x.xx a month. It's never nice when prices go up but it means we can continue to give you the best home entertainment and services.

Things to note.

*If you are on a promotional offer we will honour it. Some of your increase may therefore happen at the end of your promotional offer. Visit virginmedia.com/cha…ges to find out more.

∧If you are one of the thousands of customers that have Line Rental Saver you will contine to benefit from this fantastic offer. Visit virginmedia.com/cha…ges to find out more.

29 Comments

This was being discussed on here a few days ago.
Some customers rang up and got offered credit on their account to make up for the price increases.

Banned

If a company increases costs mid way through a contract, you can cancel the contract without obligation as this is not what you had originally signed up for.
This is not anything new.

Villa

If a company increases costs mid way through a contract, you can cancel … If a company increases costs mid way through a contract, you can cancel the contract without obligation as this is not what you had originally signed up for.This is not anything new.

that's not true though is it, a lot of the scumbag phone operators in their terms state they can increase by RPI and every year they do.

Original Poster

Villa

If a company increases costs mid way through a contract, you can cancel … If a company increases costs mid way through a contract, you can cancel the contract without obligation as this is not what you had originally signed up for.This is not anything new.

You are wrong!

I am out of contract with them and pay on a monthly basis. The company that took over them can get stuffed with the CONSTANT increases, they know that many other comapnies are still using ADSL etc so speeds and quality is restricted. I like the way they give you a FREE upgrade then put the price up a month later.

Even with the increase, when I had quotes from Sky & BT they were unable to beat my Virgin Media plan (was looking to switch before renewal few months back due to higher increase at the end of contract). Simply cancelled and got retentions to offer the price we were paying originally.

Banned

jackvdbuk

that's not true though is it, a lot of the scumbag phone operators in … that's not true though is it, a lot of the scumbag phone operators in their terms state they can increase by RPI and every year they do.

I believe it is true as you signed up for a contract for a certain period of time, at xxx pounds per month.
If in mid-contract they decide to change the price, then this should presumably nullify the original contract thus allowing you to walk away.

I cancelled my contract with them due to price rise I still had 3 months left on contract. Was going to go to sky but then they rang me just 2 days later and I got a great offer so sticking with them now it's worth the phone call

CoraleeJayne

I cancelled my contract with them due to price rise I still had 3 months … I cancelled my contract with them due to price rise I still had 3 months left on contract. Was going to go to sky but then they rang me just 2 days later and I got a great offer so sticking with them now it's worth the phone call

With Virgin I'm sure you're paying for all the junk mail they send, they spam all the postcodes around here twice a week. It's infuriating.

CoraleeJayne

I cancelled my contract with them due to price rise I still had 3 months … I cancelled my contract with them due to price rise I still had 3 months left on contract. Was going to go to sky but then they rang me just 2 days later and I got a great offer so sticking with them now it's worth the phone call

haha that's exactly what happened too me three days ago. I signed up with sky. I then got a call from the resolotions dept at virgin and they cut my monthly payment by a massive amount,and I keep the fibre optic. which I would not have had with sky,,,,,,

Banned

kalawelwyn

You are wrong!

Not at all.

Comment

ELVIS_THE_PELVIS

haha that's exactly what happened too me three days ago. I signed up with … haha that's exactly what happened too me three days ago. I signed up with sky. I then got a call from the resolotions dept at virgin and they cut my monthly payment by a massive amount,and I keep the fibre optic. which I would not have had with sky,,,,,,

I've got a great deal now including extra TiVo box & sky movies
My package I had before was pants
Haggling with them works wonders, I also told a white lie and made up an offer I had off sky

Comment

spaceinvader

With Virgin I'm sure you're paying for all the junk mail they send, they … With Virgin I'm sure you're paying for all the junk mail they send, they spam all the postcodes around here twice a week. It's infuriating.

I get that with sky here junk mail is a pain!!

Original Poster

Villa

Not at all.

yes you are!

Banned

kalawelwyn

yes you are!

Oh no I'm not.

Original Poster

Villa

Oh no I'm not.

you are wrong and dont even know about it,
please dont comment do you research first! please

Always read the small print

It goes without saying, but, in order to avoid unexpected price rises, you should always read the terms and conditions of your contract carefully before signing up.

Since Ofcom's new rules came about, some providers have started adding extra clauses to their contracts, which clearly state that prices are going to increase.

For example, they may warn that every April - the end of the financial year for most UK companies - all prices will be subject to an increase at the rate of inflation (RPI).

If this is the case, you won't be able to leave without penalty, because you were technically made aware before you signed up. But only if you bothered to read the small print!

Edited by: "kalawelwyn" 16th Jan 2015

Banned

After you signup for a 12 month agreement, paying say £60 a month, what is to stop every company from suddenly raising their prices by £10,000 every month thereafter?

i phoned to try and get a price discount rather than cancel my contract -= was actually out of contract on a rolling month by month as it happens.

I ended up getting boosted to 152Mb and getting £10 off a month for 6 months then reverting to my original price and not having the price increase at all ..

winner

I rang them last week after getting a letter stating my bill will be increasing by £3.
Now my bill is £20 less for the next 12 months and I got 6 months Netflix for free too.
Plus my bill for February is £0.00 !!!

I am on basic 50mb BB and M phone, nothing else and mine was going up by £3.60 from £31 something.

I am happy with the service after a shaky start, got it last summer and had 3 or 4 outages for a few hours over the summer but been perfect since.

I decided to bite the bullet and call them to see if I can get it down by a few quid, was not wanting much.

Anyway he said he will do 100mb BB and M phone for £27.50 a month for 12 month contract. I already had about 12 months on my contract left anyway so for me that is a bonus. Could not be bothered to try and haggle any more out of them as I am happy with this as it stands.

I got an excellent deal from VM 100mb BB and Phone Line for £36.50, they are also giving me a £6 loyalty discount, so for the next 18months my bill is £30.50.

Hello,

I have only just seen this thread but never got a letter through from Virgin in regards to them raising the prices. Do you think I have a valid case if I want to try and cancel now? :\

Thanks!!

Hello,

I have only just seen this thread but never got a letter through from Virgin in regards to them raising the prices. Do you think I have a valid case if I want to try and cancel now? :\

Thanks!!

I mentioned the price increase and the guy (who went on and on and on about random stuff nothing to do with my problem) said that only up until 31st of January i could have cancelled my broadband. So seems not however im sure you could get price reduction or credits if you are actually having problems with your service.

i just noticed my vm bill has gone up 3 times in 3 months how does that work...?

benboben

i just noticed my vm bill has gone up 3 times in 3 months how does that … i just noticed my vm bill has gone up 3 times in 3 months how does that work...?

They increase a charge and your bill goes up

Rocket science it ain't

If Virgin Media inform me of an upcoming price hike and I cancel my contract within the 30 days I have to do this, would I get a refund for the remaining line rental I paid in advance?

joe3pepelui

If Virgin Media inform me of an upcoming price hike and I cancel my … If Virgin Media inform me of an upcoming price hike and I cancel my contract within the 30 days I have to do this, would I get a refund for the remaining line rental I paid in advance?

No

Just ring up to cancel and they will remove the increase. I do it every time and my bill hasn't increased in five years apart from the line rental saver increases
Edited by: "chocci" 11th Dec 2015

dont think you will mate ,sorry.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769296
    2. Coming up to bonfire night ...2130
    3. The never ending counting with pictures thread !4604800
    4. Help Feed a Homeless Animal for Free1608652

See more discussions