Bill & Ted Face The

Posted 16th Sep 2020
Just watched this and to be honest, and it seriously pains me to say this, the Ghostbusters reboot was the better of the two movies.
It was awful. Heavy on the female characters, most of whom didn't work. Soundtrack wasn't a patch on the other films, and it just seemed to be a directionless mess using previous scenes very badly.
Something that really shouldn't have been made as it served zero purpose, and cane across cringeworthy.
At least some of the original cast returned, although older.
Death was wasted, and a new character, Dennis, was so out of place. Never really utilised and a fish out of water.
At least the quantum realm was mentioned......and Rufus made an appearance.
Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
I've just booked my ticket, off soon
It's been on the Android box for 2 weeks now, blu-ray quality, that tells you straight away it's going to be crap
Well they weren’t very good films how ever many years ago assuming we have matured even a teeny tiny bit since then a re-boot was always going to be bad
Jump_Out_Gang16/09/2020 14:32

Well they weren’t very good films how ever many years ago a …Well they weren’t very good films how ever many years ago assuming we have matured even a teeny tiny bit since then a re-boot was always going to be bad

Indeed, re-watched the first 2 for the first time in years a few months ago, both pretty poor tbh and I used to love them when I was younger.
spoo16/09/2020 15:11

Indeed, re-watched the first 2 for the first time in years a few months …Indeed, re-watched the first 2 for the first time in years a few months ago, both pretty poor tbh and I used to love them when I was younger.

The trailer was bad & if they can’t scrape together enough good bits to make a decent trailer you gotta ask yourself just how bad the film is going to be
Excellent!
Toon_army16/09/2020 14:03

I've just booked my ticket, off soon It's been on the Android box for …I've just booked my ticket, off soon It's been on the Android box for 2 weeks now, blu-ray quality, that tells you straight away it's going to be crap

That doesn’t tell me anything Blu-ray quality tells me that it was released on Itunes and other digital stores to purchase at the exact same time as the cinema (in America only) and ripped straight away, because it was.

Actually seeing it with my eyes would tell me whether I think it’s rubbish or not.
Edited by: "marc1982" 16th Sep
Weezer - Beginning Of The End (Wyld Stallyns Edit) (Official Video) from Bill & Ted Face the Music

Watching films and a formed opinion can be down to:

1) The particular mood you're in at the time of watching
2) Whether the film has been over hyped excessively and your expectations are unduly raised and then you may become disappointed with the actual contents.

Sometimes I like a film more than I originally thought. After seeing it again, some other time. Other films can still be classed as the original opinion from when first watching them.

Isn't this only supposed to be a chilled out, easy watch & fun film. It hasn't been billed as the funniest or best original film ever.

Plenty of other films to watch. Some better, some worse. I find it rare to find a film/TV series which is different (in a good way) and grabs my attention. A lot of films and TV series are rather similar.

I'm yet to see the new Ghostbusters reboot. I did find Face the Music to be enjoyable. In a reminiscing sort of way. I haven't seen the first two films in a long time. This one fits with them to an extent. I watched it without any expectations.

People reflect on 80s and 90s films with some fondness. There is business and money to be made...(mini snes, spectrum, mega drive etc). reflects how popular those older generation game devices are. Maybe soon there will be a Goonies reboot, a Johnny 5 reboot and others. In the same way in another few decades. There could be rave music replacing 1930s-60s music in care homes. Make sure to have a few glow sticks at the ready.
I watched it recently and did not really enjoy it. I went in expecting it to suck (in preparation) and even still I was disappointed. Nothing in it was a suprise and guess the plot from the beginning..
Where can you see the new Ghostbusters?
Post a comment
@
    Text