Groups
    EXPIRED

Billions owed in child maintenance

Banned
    its all over the news today that billions of pounds are owed in child maintenance.

some say £50 a week isn't enough and the others say your lucky to get that or his going on holiday every so often and splashing money on a lavish lifestyle.

my kids get £5 pocket money a week and we live as a couple. he pays the bills, morgage, food and i pay the council tax.

so let's say the woman has split up with the ex dad, then isn't the £50 P/W enough? I'm sure these mum's are using this money for something else. it's more than enough, it covers dinner money, a takeaway and pocket money and even bus fares to school. what else does a child need every week?

66 Comments

So the woman should cover the rent, heating and bills for the children and the father should just pay for pocket money?

Statutory mainatainance amount is stupid. If you ignore CMS and don't respond to them they charge you a statutory amount of £39.50 a week with no penalty for not paying.

My sons mother never pays it and the amount just racks up with no consequences even with a deduction of earnings order.

No wonder so much is owed.

Original Poster Banned

katerachel

So the woman should cover the rent, heating and bills for the children … So the woman should cover the rent, heating and bills for the children and the father should just pay for pocket money?

​it needs paying regardless from the both sides,
    the mother and the father's house. the both parents​ would use gas and electric regardless if they had children or not.

nothing wrong with getting some money off the dad but iv seen women asking how much her friends are getting payed and comparing it to herself.
    of course the dad needs to pay, no debate about that.

I pay for my kids as they are mine, using the old system it was 20% of you salary after tax for one child then 25% for two children, I would say so long as the one party doesn't stop the other from seeing their children then this amount is fine and should be paid, however there is a huge amount of people stopping one side seeing their children so in this case I believe they shouldn't be made to pay a single penny as only the kids suffer. You can't have it both ways ask for money then refuse your kids the right to see their parent whether it be the mum or the dad.
    But then you have the low life's who just couldn't care less,, in these cases they don't deserve to be parents as so many people can't have kids,

I'm not going to comment on whether £50 specifically is the right amount as I'm sure every case is different.

But, I think that your comment is a bit unfair.

I receive child maintenance, and yes - I do use it for things other than "dinner money, a takeaway and pocket money." I use it for other essentials such as food for my children, heating for my children, and keeping a roof over their heads. I work full time and my earnings pay for the bulk of these things, but I use the maintenance to contribute towards costs and wouldn't dream of using if for just pocket money and takeaways!

carisn

I'm not going to comment on whether £50 specifically is the right amount … I'm not going to comment on whether £50 specifically is the right amount as I'm sure every case is different. But, I think that your comment is a bit unfair. I receive child maintenance, and yes - I do use it for things other than "dinner money, a takeaway and pocket money." I use it for other essentials such as food for my children, heating for my children, and keeping a roof over their heads. I work full time and my earnings pay for the bulk of these things, but I use the maintenance to contribute towards costs and wouldn't dream of using if for just pocket money and takeaways!

Well said!

Id say 50 a week for a lot of people would be to much. To many mums use the money they get on themselves. Whilst the dad struggles to pay for his child.

Personaly ive no idea what ammount is right as everyones situation is different, a poster above says 20% of wage which seems fair.

Any money over from myself my ex puts into childs bank account as shes a fantastic mum.
    I never understand why any woman wants their ex to pay for them aswell as the children.

I pay £400 a month, it's about 25% of my earnings. I also pay kids phone bills, I also pay for bus travel.
    She has mortgage to pay, household bills, food and other sundries.
    Penny pinching scroats begrudge paying maintenance but will lavish cash on the kid, only as they see fit

The amount depends on the situation, if the parent the children live with has had to give up work or change to a part-time to be able to look after a very young child or be finished by end of school time then they will earn less. Or even working full time there would be nursery fees.
    If there were no children they could work full time and pay all their bills, rent/mortgage themselves. They have had to adjust their job and therefore their income to enable them to look after the children so the other parent should help to make up the difference to cover the cost of heating, clothing, feeding and having days out with the children.

Original Poster Banned

westy125

I pay for my kids as they are mine, using the old system it was 20% of … I pay for my kids as they are mine, using the old system it was 20% of you salary after tax for one child then 25% for two children, I would say so long as the one party doesn't stop the other from seeing their children then this amount is fine and should be paid, however there is a huge amount of people stopping one side seeing their children so in this case I believe they shouldn't be made to pay a single penny as only the kids suffer. You can't have it both ways ask for money then refuse your kids the right to see their parent whether it be the mum or the dad. But then you have the low life's who just couldn't care less,, in these cases they don't deserve to be parents as so many people can't have kids,

absolutely ​true 100% .

Cozworth806

I pay £400 a month, it's about 25% of my earnings. I also pay kids phone … I pay £400 a month, it's about 25% of my earnings. I also pay kids phone bills, I also pay for bus travel.She has mortgage to pay, household bills, food and other sundries.Penny pinching scroats begrudge paying maintenance but will lavish cash on the kid, only as they see fit

I wish I had been a penny pinching scroat when I divorced. My scumbag ex wife didn't trust me to pay maintenance on a weekly basis so I paid 6 years up front at the rate of more than £80 a week( as I don't work this is more than my current income per week). My statutory duty was £7 a week maximum, but I wanted to pay my share, even though the scumbag was also getting £200 a week tax credits(supposedly for the children).
    My children stopped going to school and pretty much stopped going outside the house, but this didn't stop the scumbag claiming that she had to fork out for stationery, school uniforms, school trips etc.
    When we went to court the judge told me I was nuts to offer so much maintenance and offered me the option to go away and renegotiate. I said that we had agreed on the amount and I wasn't going back on my word. The scumbag even thanked me outside the court for sticking to our agreement.
    And now the kicker...
    About a year after the financial side of the divorce was signed off by the court I got a text from the scumbag telling me I don't contribute anything towards the upkeep of the children.
    It isn't always the man who acts the scumbag. ( My ex also got a mortgage free house and a 6 figure cash settlement as well)

Are you sure it's "all over the news" as I've not seen it on any of the news channels I check.

bogglebrain

I wish I had been a penny pinching scroat when I divorced. My scumbag ex … I wish I had been a penny pinching scroat when I divorced. My scumbag ex wife didn't trust me to pay maintenance on a weekly basis so I paid 6 years up front at the rate of more than £80 a week( as I don't work this is more than my current income per week). My statutory duty was £7 a week maximum, but I wanted to pay my share, even though the scumbag was also getting £200 a week tax credits(supposedly for the children). My children stopped going to school and pretty much stopped going outside the house, but this didn't stop the scumbag claiming that she had to fork out for stationery, school uniforms, school trips etc.When we went to court the judge told me I was nuts to offer so much maintenance and offered me the option to go away and renegotiate. I said that we had agreed on the amount and I wasn't going back on my word. The scumbag even thanked me outside the court for sticking to our agreement.And now the kicker...About a year after the financial side of the divorce was signed off by the court I got a text from the scumbag telling me I don't contribute anything towards the upkeep of the children.It isn't always the man who acts the scumbag. ( My ex also got a mortgage free house and a 6 figure cash settlement as well)

​I'm guessing you dont like her much?

I pay more like £100 a week to my ex. She has stopped me from seeing the kids, but I still pay as they are my responsibility. I've been tempted to stop/reduce payments until she lets me see them again, but they will be the ones who suffer in long run and it will only come back to bite me in the ass later.

Don't know what she spends it all on, but I can guarantee it all won't go on the kids. She sponges off the state despite new partner working full time and will have much more disposable income each month that I will.

Original Poster Banned

bogglebrain

I wish I had been a penny pinching scroat when I divorced. My scumbag ex … I wish I had been a penny pinching scroat when I divorced. My scumbag ex wife didn't trust me to pay maintenance on a weekly basis so I paid 6 years up front at the rate of more than £80 a week( as I don't work this is more than my current income per week). My statutory duty was £7 a week maximum, but I wanted to pay my share, even though the scumbag was also getting £200 a week tax credits(supposedly for the children). My children stopped going to school and pretty much stopped going outside the house, but this didn't stop the scumbag claiming that she had to fork out for stationery, school uniforms, school trips etc.When we went to court the judge told me I was nuts to offer so much maintenance and offered me the option to go away and renegotiate. I said that we had agreed on the amount and I wasn't going back on my word. The scumbag even thanked me outside the court for sticking to our agreement.And now the kicker...About a year after the financial side of the divorce was signed off by the court I got a text from the scumbag telling me I don't contribute anything towards the upkeep of the children.It isn't always the man who acts the scumbag. ( My ex also got a mortgage free house and a 6 figure cash settlement as well)

​one angry father
    you shouldn't have to pay upfront especially for 6 years!

I got £5 a week off my ex.

The amount is based on your salary, if you breed pay for em, my loony ex (everyone thinks he's clinically depressed, but he's in denial and just blames us for everything) is handful, he put us through hell while i begged and pleaded for him to see a doctor, telling him i was worried about him and loved him got translated in his head to "having a go at him" he still runs around playing victim to anyone who will listen while blaming me for his unhappiness and saying my tears are faked for attention.

He's determined not to pay child support, he's paying 3 of my DDs (water, phone and net) as thats regular money out of him, he claims they are £20 more a month then they actually are (he's arrogant and lies so much now) and he keeps threatening to shut them down, other then that getting anything else out of him is very hard he shouts why should he pay anything for a kid hes not living with (he walked out on us), pleads poverty when he earns over 17k and claims I'm trying to control his life because i want him to pay. I just managed to get £100 pounds out of him, i got home from shopping to find a envelope pushed thru my letter box with it in and some sweets for our son, its the first I've had since the start of January and i think its somekind of peace offering as i get the feeling he's lonely and feeling sorry for himself at the moment as he demanded no contact over his birthday, hopefully its a good sign he might be coming out of it but I've had promising signs before only for him to turn back into angry paranoid thing again, child maintenance say he should be paying £40 a week.

Guess there's probably a lot of people out there like me really, we won't be on there figures so the problem of dads and mums not paying up is massive.

I've in the last month had to buy a new school jumper, new school shoes, new gloves (thats 3 pairs since December) a new hat, vests for school and he needs new trousers as he got a hole in a pair last week, plus I've had to pay for the school disco, a school trip and now I've had to buy craft stuff. The shoes are the most expensive thing they must be leather, must have hard wearing soles and a stiff toe....they normally last about 3 to 4 months a pair.

His father left me on benefits​ JSA expect you to be getting cash off the ex an take that into account, when you apply the application form does actually include child maintenance service information, i.e i am on their books currently as on one of the ones sorting it out amongst ourselves, so as far as th Jobcentre is concerned I'm getting £40 child maintenance or stuff to the value of which i am not.....if that makes any sense.

Edited by: "Segata-Sanshiro" 20th Mar

Where in the news did you see this?

Error440

The amount is based on your salary, if you breed pay for em, my loony ex … The amount is based on your salary, if you breed pay for em, my loony ex (everyone thinks he's clinically depressed, but he's in denial and just blames us for everything) is handful, he put us through hell while i begged and pleaded for him to see a doctor, telling him i was worried about him and loved him got translated in his head to "having a go at him" he still runs around playing victim to another who will listen while blaming me for his unhappiness and saying my tears are faked for attention.He's determined not to pay child support, he's paying 3 of my DDs (water, phone and net) as thats regular money out of him, he claims they are £20 more a month then they actually are (he's arrogant and lies so much now) and he keeps threatening to shut them down, other then that getting anything else out of him is very hard he shouts why should he pay anything for a kid hes not living with (he walked out on us), pleads poverty when he earns over 17k and claims I'm trying to control his life because i want him to pay. I just managed to get £100 pounds out of him, i got home from shopping to find a envelope pushed thru my letter box with it in and some sweets for our son, its the first I've had since the start of January and i think its somekind of peace offering as i get the feeling he's lonely and feeling sorry for himself at the moment as he demanded no contact over his birthday, hopefully its a good sign he might be coming out of it but I've had promising signs before only for him to turn back into angry paranoid thing again, child maintenance say he should be paying £40 a week.Guess there's probably a lot of people out there like me really, we won't be on there figures so the problem of dads and mums not paying up is massive.I've in the last month had to buy a new school jumper, new school shoes, new gloves (thats 3 pairs since December) a new hat, vests for school and he needs new trousers as he got a hole in a pair last week, plus I've had to pay for the school disco, a school trip and now I've had to buy craft stuff. The shoes are the most expensive thing they must be leather, must have hard wearing soles and a stiff toe....they normally last about 3 to 4 months a pair. His father left me on benefits​ JSA expect you to be getting cash off the ex an take that into account, when you apply the application form does actually include child maintenance service information, i.e i am on their books currently as on one of the ones sorting it out amongst ourselves, so as far as th Jobcentre is concerned I'm getting £40 child maintenance or stuff to the value of which i am not.....if that makes any sense.

Two sides to every story and we haven't heard from "him indoors"

dtovey89

Two sides to every story and we haven't heard from "him indoors"

You mean him who's probably sitting in a park or Starbucks for hours on end rather then go home back to his self imposed isolation. There is no him indoors only me who sees a counselor every week to try and get over everything thats happened and is still happening and a child whos been reffered to S.A.F.E.

Funny how your not questioning anyone else on here, is it because I'm the mother abandoned with our child on the benefits system that makes you not trust my word. You seem perfectly happy to sit in silence reading dads bleeting that their ex's are scum who nick their money.

Tigramary

Where in the news did you see this?

bbc.co.uk/new…209

It's all one big game, with no rules or boundaries and nobody to referee to see fair play. The CSA only need to go on figures verbally given to them by the payee. It is down to the parent with care to give detailed proof of the other parents income and assets before any dispute to the amount of money can be taken to a tribunal. The tribunal can take around two years to come before a judge and even if it judged that monies were incorrectly calculated there is no way to obtain any arrears and the 'file' is just put back into the system again.
    £50 is not a realistic amount in my opinion, it may be enough for a child around 5-7 years old who can easily fit into primark clothes and is happy to wear supermarket shoes to school, however teenagers are a different matter. You can't really cost a child weekly it should be quarterly, that way haircuts, school trips, new adult sized seasonal clothes, sanitary products, after school and evening clubs such as police cadets, instrument lessons, friends birthday presents, adult sized clarks shoes etc, not forgetting that they no longer want chicken nuggets and chips everyday, Really they are adults in the household.
    All the leaflets that are sent out are geared toward the paying parent and not the person with care. More needs to be done as the children are the only losers in this game.

Original Poster Banned

BBC news, This Morning and sky news etc etc.
    one of the main headlines today.
    currently the news is on trumps tampering voting/ Russian hacking the voting system

Error440

The amount is based on your salary, if you breed pay for em, my loony ex … The amount is based on your salary, if you breed pay for em, my loony ex (everyone thinks he's clinically depressed, but he's in denial and just blames us for everything) is handful, he put us through hell while i begged and pleaded for him to see a doctor, telling him i was worried about him and loved him got translated in his head to "having a go at him" he still runs around playing victim to anyone who will listen while blaming me for his unhappiness and saying my tears are faked for attention.He's determined not to pay child support, he's paying 3 of my DDs (water, phone and net) as thats regular money out of him, he claims they are £20 more a month then they actually are (he's arrogant and lies so much now) and he keeps threatening to shut them down, other then that getting anything else out of him is very hard he shouts why should he pay anything for a kid hes not living with (he walked out on us), pleads poverty when he earns over 17k and claims I'm trying to control his life because i want him to pay. I just managed to get £100 pounds out of him, i got home from shopping to find a envelope pushed thru my letter box with it in and some sweets for our son, its the first I've had since the start of January and i think its somekind of peace offering as i get the feeling he's lonely and feeling sorry for himself at the moment as he demanded no contact over his birthday, hopefully its a good sign he might be coming out of it but I've had promising signs before only for him to turn back into angry paranoid thing again, child maintenance say he should be paying £40 a week.Guess there's probably a lot of people out there like me really, we won't be on there figures so the problem of dads and mums not paying up is massive.I've in the last month had to buy a new school jumper, new school shoes, new gloves (thats 3 pairs since December) a new hat, vests for school and he needs new trousers as he got a hole in a pair last week, plus I've had to pay for the school disco, a school trip and now I've had to buy craft stuff. The shoes are the most expensive thing they must be leather, must have hard wearing soles and a stiff toe....they normally last about 3 to 4 months a pair. His father left me on benefits​ JSA expect you to be getting cash off the ex an take that into account, when you apply the application form does actually include child maintenance service information, i.e i am on their books currently as on one of the ones sorting it out amongst ourselves, so as far as th Jobcentre is concerned I'm getting £40 child maintenance or stuff to the value of which i am not.....if that makes any sense.

Hows the job hunting going?

chocci

Hows the job hunting going?

Not easy when your looking for work during school hours only.

Original Poster Banned

Error440

Not easy when your looking for work during school hours only.

​you do realise that you can now get 30 hours nursery for free, for those working or looking for work?
    train to work in a nursery or a school. we all have to do it somehow

Just putting this out there...

" what else does a child need every week? "

Visitation rights for both parents.

tregs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39293209

Thanks.

The BBC reports , "Janet Allbeson, from the single parents charity, Gingerbread, said powers to collect child maintenance are "very seldom used", saying CMS was "a very blunt instrument".
    OP's thread is asking whether £50/week is enough or not?
    What's the issue here?
    1./ If it is an enforcement issue, then taxpayers and/or the offenders need to pay for manpower resources to do the social justice. If the amount is £3,800 million owed built up over 23 years. Then one needs the costs of enforcement to be estimated. Clearly the BBC reporter , as always, did not ask this critical question. If I were to budget for one man-year per million £ reovery as a ball park assumption, then we would need 3,800 person-years. So £380 million man power resources (assuming £100,000 per man-year inclusive of IT systems, enforcement systems and management overhead and paper bureacracy) to get the money owed re-paid.
    2./ Whether £50 is enough or not, this is horse for courses, so may be 50% yes amd 50% no, a statistical analysis is need to do some sampling calculations.

sofiasar

​you do realise that you can now get 30 hours nursery for free, for t … ​you do realise that you can now get 30 hours nursery for free, for those working or looking for work? train to work in a nursery or a school. we all have to do it somehow

Train to work in a nursery or a school.....not this easy since 2014 for new entrants ..
    Early years educator qualifications were introduced in September 2014. They are qualifications at level 3 or above, approved by NCTL as meeting the early years educator criteria.

If staff have an early years educator qualification they must also have at least a GCSE grade C in English and maths to undertake a level 3 job role. (Not so easy, for some/many, just google those who have no GCSE C grade and above ....as percentages.)
    Eligibility rules for 30 hours free childcare:

Your child will be aged 3 or 4 when the scheme starts in your area
    Both parents must be working - or the sole parent is working in a lone parent family
    Each parent earns, on average, a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage
    Each parent must have an annual income of less than £100,000
    You live in England

sofiasar

​one angry father :)you shouldn't have to pay upfront especially for 6 y … ​one angry father :)you shouldn't have to pay upfront especially for 6 years!

I'm angry because I only now see one of my 3 children, because it's impossible to have a civil relationship with an ex who takes 6 years maintenance up front then tells everybody that I'm paying nothing. The reason I paid up front was because I could have fought her in the courts, won and then found out that our solicitors ended up with more than either of us. The crazy thing is, if I had spent a couple of grand on a watch then the courts would have regarded me as reckless, but they would have been quite happy for me to spend half a million on my side of the divorce battle.
    I went into the relationship more than 20 years ago with more than £200000 to my name, contributed more than 90% of the money during the relationship and then had the smug ***** telling me I should be grateful for whatever I received in the divorce.
    There's a reason why many men are angry; 99 times out of 100 they get shafted.
    Looks like Error440 is the unlucky woman out of the 100 on here
    Error440

You mean him who's probably sitting in a park or Starbucks for hours on … You mean him who's probably sitting in a park or Starbucks for hours on end rather then go home back to his self imposed isolation. There is no him indoors only me who sees a counselor every week to try and get over everything thats happened and is still happening and a child whos been reffered to S.A.F.E.Funny how your not questioning anyone else on here, is it because I'm the mother abandoned with our child on the benefits system that makes you not trust my word. You seem perfectly happy to sit in silence reading dads bleeting that their ex's are scum who nick their money.

He's probably rereading my piece to see where I accused my ex of nicking my money. You sound like my ex, attributing things to me which I haven't said. Handy tip. Control+F will help you find any word on the page. If it only returns one instance of the word "nick", then only you have used that word.
    Edited by moderator: "Mar 20, 2017 18:11" 20th Mar

bogglebrain

I'm angry because I only now see one of my 3 children, because it's … I'm angry because I only now see one of my 3 children, because it's impossible to have a civil relationship with an ex who takes 6 years maintenance up front then tells everybody that I'm paying nothing. The reason I paid up front was because I could have fought her in the courts, won and then found out that our solicitors ended up with more than either of us. The crazy thing is, if I had spent a couple of grand on a watch then the courts would have regarded me as reckless, but they would have been quite happy for me to spend half a million on my side of the divorce battle. I went into the relationship more than 20 years ago with more than £200000 to my name, contributed more than 90% of the money during the relationship and then had the smug ***** telling me I should be grateful for whatever I received in the divorce.There's a reason why many men are angry; 99 times out of 100 they get shafted. Looks like Error440 is the unlucky woman out of the 100 on here

Family lawyers are the most depressed because of the situations such as the one that you illustrated...very tough area to work in indeed with the "behaviours" of one or two sides... and the lies and deceptions.
    I suspect that my diseased uncle had paid ~14/15 years maintenance for a child that was not his way back in ~1947 the baby boomer period immediately after WW2.
    Edited by moderator: "Mar 20, 2017 18:18" 20th Mar

If you claim expenses as part of your job you submit receipts and get reimbursed.

I can't see any reason why child maintenance should be different.

sofiasar

​you do realise that you can now get 30 hours nursery for free, for t … ​you do realise that you can now get 30 hours nursery for free, for those working or looking for work? train to work in a nursery or a school. we all have to do it somehow

Not quite as easy as you say, If you work in a school or nursery they tend to require staff in before the children start school or after they finish. If you work in a private Nursery then some of them open at 07:15 - 18:15. Not very practical to work there if you need to drop your child off at school or pick them up.
    There are school time jobs available but not many and the demand on them is very high.

katerachel

So the woman should cover the rent, heating and bills for the children … So the woman should cover the rent, heating and bills for the children and the father should just pay for pocket money?

It's only men that don't pay maintenance is it? I've been separated 3 years from my ex-wife. Both my daughters (16 and 9) live with me. In the time we've been separated I've had £0 from her.
    However I can't get my divorce as she wants access to my future Army pension which I refuse to give her, I've offered a trade off and wrote off any future maintenance so long as she leaves my pension alone her solicitor (I can't afford one) won't accept that.

It's a womans world!

Paddy_o_furniture

It's only men that don't pay maintenance is it? I've been separated 3 … It's only men that don't pay maintenance is it? I've been separated 3 years from my ex-wife. Both my daughters (16 and 9) live with me. In the time we've been separated I've had £0 from her. However I can't get my divorce as she wants access to my future Army pension which I refuse to give her, I've offered a trade off and wrote off any future maintenance so long as she leaves my pension alone her solicitor (I can't afford one) won't accept that.It's a womans world!

You are wasting your time. The quote you have replied to is a typical woman's mindset. I had the same from my ex, banging on about how much everything cost. Did she think that when the kids did come to my house that I didn't feed them or heat the house for them or I cancelled the tv licence while they were here, or maybe I didn't use any fuel to transport them around, preferring instead to get around like the Ant Hill mob. Of course she could have been making the other assumption that she has the kids the majority of the time and the father should be happy with his Sunday afternoon trip to Nandos and one overnighter a week.

Paddy_o_furniture

It's only men that don't pay maintenance is it? I've been separated 3 … It's only men that don't pay maintenance is it? I've been separated 3 years from my ex-wife. Both my daughters (16 and 9) live with me. In the time we've been separated I've had £0 from her. However I can't get my divorce as she wants access to my future Army pension which I refuse to give her, I've offered a trade off and wrote off any future maintenance so long as she leaves my pension alone her solicitor (I can't afford one) won't accept that.It's a womans world!

My comment was in relation to the original post, so maybe read that first eh?

Original Poster Banned

splender

Train to work in a nursery or a school.....not this easy since 2014 for … Train to work in a nursery or a school.....not this easy since 2014 for new entrants ..Early years educator qualifications were introduced in September 2014. They are qualifications at level 3 or above, approved by NCTL as meeting the early years educator criteria.If staff have an early years educator qualification they must also have at least a GCSE grade C in English and maths to undertake a level 3 job role. (Not so easy, for some/many, just google those who have no GCSE C grade and above ....as percentages.).Eligibility rules for 30 hours free childcare: Your child will be aged 3 or 4 when the scheme starts in your area Both parents must be working - or the sole parent is working in a lone parent family Each parent earns, on average, a weekly minimum equivalent to 16 hours at National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage Each parent must have an annual income of less than £100,000 You live in England

​iv done mine just before those new changes. level 3 then i progressed further.
    thinking of doing a foundation degree but it takes 3 year's

katerachel

My comment was in relation to the original post, so maybe read that … My comment was in relation to the original post, so maybe read that first eh?

Forgive me, you're a woman therefore instantly right.

Paddy_o_furniture

However I can't get my divorce as she wants access to my future Army … However I can't get my divorce as she wants access to my future Army pension which I refuse to give her

Unfortunately the judge will deem that your ex would have contributed to you building your army career unencumbered thus enabling you to build up your pension by possibly giving up her career to look after the home and children whilst you were in the army. After 3 years and no nearer getting a divorce perhaps you should come to terms with parting with a percentage of your pension and negotiating a bigger slice elsewhere.
    It doesn't seem fair to have to give her any of your pension, as you feel that is a benefit solely earnt by you, but the law dictates what is actually deemed fair and appropriate. After all she can't get any cash benefit from it until at least 55 and you need maintenance from her or some sort of renumeration now.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Battery drain on iOS 1155
      2. Breath of the Wild Replacement Cover?11
      3. breakfree holiday passwords67
      4. How much would I get for iPhone 6S 64gb rose gold unlocked like new conditi…45

See more discussions