Expired

"Bin Laden" just called my mobile

Found 19th Sep 2007
Well, my mobile rang 20 mins ago *withheld*.

Sounded like a drunk and I couldn't hear clearly, but I was sure he mumbled he was "Bin Laden".

I hung up, but what sounded like the same guy rang again immediately, saying he was Bin Laden and that we're about to be bombed, and I should watch my back.

Thing is, he didn't withhold his number the second time. So I rang it back and it was engaged for 15 mins. Then he answered it. I stayed silent. He hung up. I redialled and stayed silent. I did it again. :evil:

So, anyone else had a menacing call like this? I've googled/lycos'd/ask.com'd the number with no results. It's a Peterborough dialling code 01733 :pirate:

41 Comments

ring the cops??

LOL... Bin Laden from Peterborough :giggle:

Call the police if the guy was mumbling about 'bombs' :-(

Banned

Phone the police and give them the number

lol give me his number i'll ring him saying im saddam hussein.

Original Poster

Lol. Just been on the blower. Cambridge/Peterborough police want nothing to do with it. They suggested my local police in Blackpool so I called them too.

I now have an incident log for this "malicious communication".

Thing is, I'm on a secure government site so it might get interesting. And no, I cannot now divulge the number except that it starts with 01733 29**** in case anyone else gets the same "prank" call.

Anything like that, no matter how little needs to be reported :thumbsup:

Lulu'sMammy

lol give me his number i'll ring him saying im saddam hussein.

Is saddam a female?:?

Anyway, you are too late:-
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v710/YORKYINSUFFOLK/binladen.gif

Tell the police you want your complaint escalated to Assault under the case of Ireland 1997 (as of course such a phone call will result in a fear of imminent unlawful violence, much more substantially than the mere silence that constituted assault in Constanza/Ireland).
They'll take it more seriously than mere "malicious communications".

Thames House and GCHQ are monitoring this thread already?

im sorry:giggle: I shouldnt be laughing.

Seriously you have done the right thing reporting it.:thumbsup:

Sloth/Mod

Ooooooo i live in Peterborough. I'll let you know if it goes bang. Unless of course it's a BIG bang and i can't. :-D

Sloth/Mod

Shambles

Thing is, I'm on a secure government site so it might get interesting. … Thing is, I'm on a secure government site so it might get interesting. And no, I cannot now divulge the number except that it starts with 01733 29**** in case anyone else gets the same "prank" call.

It sounds like a Whittlesey number just outside Peterborough starting with 29**** so no loss if it does go off. They'll be high sixing each other in the town all night. :whistling: :giggle:

oh im pretty sure if the words bin laden and bomb are mentioned in any phonecall, its automatically flagged and investigated, most likely without you even realising it.

shanecr

oh im pretty sure if the words bin laden and bomb are mentioned in any … oh im pretty sure if the words bin laden and bomb are mentioned in any phonecall, its automatically flagged and investigated, most likely without you even realising it.

Like on the telly!

You'll have MI5 stealthy monitorting you for the next few days Shambles, trust me...I've watched Alias!

Whats his number il sell alot of backparks lol

Original Poster

Just had a text to call my work, who say Bonny Street police want to talk urgently as this episode has "rung some bells" and started some dashboard or other flashing red.

Just waiting for their callback *gulps*.

I'd be rather scared if this was me. You did the right thing reporting, bud.

Some people are sick.

it was probably a prank. some kids maybe?

Shambles

Just had a text to call my work, who say Bonny Street police want to talk … Just had a text to call my work, who say Bonny Street police want to talk urgently as this episode has "rung some bells" and started some dashboard or other flashing red.Just waiting for their callback *gulps*.

OOOOOOooooo Do Let us know how you get on

" Paranoia will destroy ya"

Shambles

Just had a text to call my work, who say Bonny Street police want to talk … Just had a text to call my work, who say Bonny Street police want to talk urgently as this episode has "rung some bells" and started some dashboard or other flashing red.Just waiting for their callback *gulps*.

Where abouts in Blackpool do ya work? Or is it top secret?

Someone in Peterborough may be looking for a deal on a new front door after they have an unexpected visit from the police :?

Syzable

They'll be high sixing each other in the town all night.

:giggle: Sounds like one or two places I know...

Original Poster

Still no callback. Can't be that urgent :?

duckmagicuk2

Where abouts in Blackpool do ya work? Or is it top secret?

No real secret place mate. The IT dungeon at the DWP at Lytham.

Dammit. I just gave my mystery caller my location :-(

leefal

" Paranoia will destroy ya"

It's only paranoia if it's not true !!

I wouldn't worry about it, Just some stupid drunk/drugged prank caller.

If Bin Laden wants to blow people up, there isn't anything you can do about it!, Sit back, relax and next time he calls, get a whistle and blow it down the phone, There is a risk you'll blow his ear drum, but he deserves it, would stop him being a **** anyway!

Shambles

Well, my mobile rang 20 mins ago *withheld*.Sounded like a drunk and I … Well, my mobile rang 20 mins ago *withheld*.Sounded like a drunk and I couldn't hear clearly, but I was sure he mumbled he was "Bin Laden".I hung up, but what sounded like the same guy rang again immediately, saying he was Bin Laden and that we're about to be bombed, and I should watch my back.Thing is, he didn't withhold his number the second time. So I rang it back and it was engaged for 15 mins. Then he answered it. I stayed silent. He hung up. I redialled and stayed silent. I did it again. :evil:So, anyone else had a menacing call like this? I've googled/lycos'd/ask.com'd the number with no results. It's a Peterborough dialling code 01733 :pirate:

Oh its you to whom I called, I thought It was Gordon brown's number. sorry my mistake:giggle:

Frankly u did theright job by informing the cops but again it will be the stupid drunk man

Original Poster

Goodman

... but again it will be the stupid drunk man

We shall see

Shambles

Well, my mobile rang 20 mins ago *withheld*.Sounded like a drunk and I … Well, my mobile rang 20 mins ago *withheld*.Sounded like a drunk and I couldn't hear clearly, but I was sure he mumbled he was "Bin Laden".I hung up, but what sounded like the same guy rang again immediately, saying he was Bin Laden and that we're about to be bombed, and I should watch my back.Thing is, he didn't withhold his number the second time. So I rang it back and it was engaged for 15 mins. Then he answered it. I stayed silent. He hung up. I redialled and stayed silent. I did it again. :evil:So, anyone else had a menacing call like this? I've googled/lycos'd/ask.com'd the number with no results. It's a Peterborough dialling code 01733 :pirate:

Did he have a Saudi/Arab accent? lol, probs just someone practising their phonejacker technique...;-)

Original Poster

Ditto

Did he have a Saudi/Arab accent? lol, probs just someone practising their … Did he have a Saudi/Arab accent? lol, probs just someone practising their phonejacker technique...;-)

Get it right mate. It's fonejacker lol

The police have just called me at work to interview me :?

Shambles

The police have just called me at work to interview me :?

Probably just to ask a couple of pointless questions like "do you know where he live", "what accent did he have" "did he sound as if he'd been drinking"

All of which the simple answer is "I just picked up the sodden phone, I didn't pay that much attention". :giggle:

Banned

Iom-RF

Probably just to ask a couple of pointless questions like "do you know … Probably just to ask a couple of pointless questions like "do you know where he live", "what accent did he have" "did he sound as if he'd been drinking"All of which the simple answer is "I just picked up the sodden phone, I didn't pay that much attention". :giggle:

Does he keep his phone in a glass of water?

JDeal

Does he keep his phone in a glass of water?

How am I supposed to know!, Ask him!

Sloth/Mod

Iom-RF

How am I supposed to know!, Ask him!

Iom-RF

I just picked up the sodden phone

;-) :giggle:

Syzable

;-) :giggle:

"I" as in "him"........

bin laden so what? saddam hussien phoned me yesterday and told me how gutted he was to have had to see his double get hanged.

I can't believe you bumped a thread just short of being 2 months old to post that :giggle:

Syzable

It sounds like a Whittlesey number just outside Peterborough starting … It sounds like a Whittlesey number just outside Peterborough starting with 29**** so no loss if it does go off. They'll be high sixing each other in the town all night. :whistling: :giggle:

LOL whittelsey no worries just a coupla pikeys in their caravan then :P

Banned

Syzable

It sounds like a Whittlesey number just outside Peterborough starting … It sounds like a Whittlesey number just outside Peterborough starting with 29**** so no loss if it does go off. They'll be high sixing each other in the town all night. :whistling: :giggle:

The webbing may get in the way of that...are you sure its not gurn (guyhirn)

UltimoScorpion

The webbing may get in the way of that...are you sure its not gurn … The webbing may get in the way of that...are you sure its not gurn (guyhirn)

OI OI guyhirn chinese buffet.... all you can eat for 5 quid, makes it a lesser **** hole lol.
Post a comment
@
    Text