Groups

Birdyboyuk.....something to make you smile :)

My sister obtained 4 rescued battery hens in April this year, just want to share with you the difference a little love and a lot of freedom has made to their lives, one in particular, Bethany!
    Keep up the good work with your chucks, xx

pics to follow........

15 Comments

Original Poster

April 2008

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd316/bitseylango/n738798123_839583_4793.jpg

Original Poster

August 2008

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd316/bitseylango/n738798123_839587_6090.jpg

Banned

bitseylango;2736401

August 2008

Sorry but all I can think right now is sweet and sour chicken balls...amazing what good care can do to make it look more appetising

Original Poster

ODB_69;2736434

Sorry but all I can think right now is sweet and sour chicken … Sorry but all I can think right now is sweet and sour chicken balls...amazing what good care can do to make it look more appetising

lol! dont worry I love my roast chicken as much as anyone and so does she! Wish I could rescue a few of these chucks but the mutts would think it was their birthday!

Banned

jellybaby22;2736449

What a difference.....she looks so much healthier and happier.......this … What a difference.....she looks so much healthier and happier.......this has brightened up my morning.Thnks bitsey....

mine too bits ;-)

Banned

jellybaby22;2736449

What a difference.....she looks so much healthier and happier.......this … What a difference.....she looks so much healthier and happier.......this has brightened up my morning.Thnks bitsey....

Hello cutey xx

That is absolutely fab Bitsy! :w00t:
    Thanks for sharing that....its suprising how long it takes for them to get back to normal! If she wasnt rescued, she would have been a dogs dinner!

Aww, makes me feel good! :-D

Banned

jellybaby22;2736468

hello xx...stop being mean about the chickens......:x

I'm not being mean...

just looks tasty is all

I'm sure its a lovely thing really

Banned

Chicken run comes to mind

I can't believe all that grass is still there! Anything green, the chickens will eat!

Banned

lumoruk;2736555

Chicken run comes to mind

http://www.brightonchinese.co.uk/images/chinese_chicken_balls.jpg

not for me it dont!

That is truly lovely to see. Would really love to take a couple here, but with the rest of the menagerie they wouldnt stand a chance.

Banned

birdyboyuk;2736576

I can't believe all that grass is still there! Anything green, the … I can't believe all that grass is still there! Anything green, the chickens will eat!

lol I don't think they eat grass they eat seeds and bugs if I'm not mistaken, they scratch at grass which kills it to try to get to the bugs. Just thinking back from spending a bit of time with my Mum's chickens at her house.

lumoruk;2738180

lol I don't think they eat grass they eat seeds and bugs if I'm not … lol I don't think they eat grass they eat seeds and bugs if I'm not mistaken, they scratch at grass which kills it to try to get to the bugs. Just thinking back from spending a bit of time with my Mum's chickens at her house.

They probably do both...as we don't have any grass, we give them the clippings from when the in-laws mow their lawn...it doesn;t last very long! lol

Banned

birdyboyuk;2738212

They probably do both...as we don't have any grass, we give them the … They probably do both...as we don't have any grass, we give them the clippings from when the in-laws mow their lawn...it doesn;t last very long! lol

They wouldn't have the stomach for it, cows have 4 stomachs just to digest the stuff and we used to have our appendix to digest our grass/leaf eating.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846178
      2. Find out how good your GP surgery is67
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764237
      4. WWE SummerSlam 2017 discussion thread!22

See more discussions