Birmingham City Splash 9 Million On Striker

46 replies
Found 3rd Jun 2009
At last our board has spent some dosh .......

His agent claims he is better than messi ..... yes, i lol'd as well.

Positive news for us bluenoses for a change.

46 Comments

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. To think i've been getting grief off blues fans for Villa selling Barry to Man City. This guy is your next Carlos Costly!!!!

nice, but u will still be going back down .

Original Poster

andyat2002;5387235

Ha ha ha ha ha ha. To think i've been getting grief off blues fans for … Ha ha ha ha ha ha. To think i've been getting grief off blues fans for Villa selling Barry to Man City. This guy is your next Carlos Costly!!!!

Oi, you leave costly alone, legend he was ..... :thinking:

smithyp1;5387246

Oi, you leave costly alone, legend he was ..... :thinking:

Bambi on ice springs to mind...

He does have a rather snazzy haircut, as all high priced flops should do. lol

I actually think he'll do rather well, I've seen him play a lot and he could do some damage in the Prem. Just a shame he won't get the kind of service he deserves, suprised that Man City or a top ten club didn't snap him up.

Banned

Santos Laguna 2007-2008 40 appearance 17 goals 2008-2009 18 appearance 14 goals

hardly setting the world on fire

villareal scouted him but deceided he wasnt good enough.....then birmingham came with 6.2 mill bid then upped it to 9million with wigan in the frame

casparwhite;5387389

Santos Laguna 2007-2008 40 appearance 17 goals 2008-2009 18 … Santos Laguna 2007-2008 40 appearance 17 goals 2008-2009 18 appearance 14 goalshardly setting the world on firevillareal scouted him but deceided he wasnt good enough.....then birmingham came with 9million burning a hole in their pocket.....

Considering the top scorer in the Prem only had 19 in 33 appearances, I'd say his stats were not that bad!!

14 in 18? I'd take that anyday, but perhaps not for 9 million. lol

Banned

hornblowerracing;5387450

Considering the top scorer in the Prem only had 19 in 33 appearances, I'd … Considering the top scorer in the Prem only had 19 in 33 appearances, I'd say his stats were not that bad!! 14 in 18? I'd take that anyday, but perhaps not for 9 million. lol

9 million for an unproven striker .....lmao

btw i really dont think you can compare equadorian league the same as the premier league, yes top scorer had 18 goals....why is that exactly when the championship and 1st division top scorers are in their 30's.....

chuck in another v5m for his counterpart espinoza the defender and youre well spent up

casparwhite;5387501

9 million for an unproven striker .....lmaobtw i really dont think you … 9 million for an unproven striker .....lmaobtw i really dont think you can compare equadorian league the same as the premier league, yes top scorer had 18 goals....why is that exactly when the championship and 1st division top scorers are in their 30's.....chuck in another v5m for his counterpart espinoza the defender and youre well spent up

I agree he's expensive, but not as bad as everyone thinks.

And the Championship's top scorer had 25 and League One 29. :thumbsup:

He could be another giant flop, but I think he stands a decent chance of impressing and he's at the right age to make a name for himself.

Hey, at least the grass will be warmer this winter in B1.

Banned

hornblowerracing;5387668

I agree he's expensive, but not as bad as everyone thinks.And the … I agree he's expensive, but not as bad as everyone thinks.And the Championship's top scorer had 25 and League One 29. :thumbsup:He could be another giant flop, but I think he stands a decent chance of impressing and he's at the right age to make a name for himself.

how about you check goals in all competitions beckford had 33 for leeds and he was 3rd in l1

9 million for an unproven striker is just daft.....but there you go

enjoy a short time in the premiership and a large debt

Original Poster

casparwhite;5387712

how about you check goals in all competitions beckford had 33 for leeds … how about you check goals in all competitions beckford had 33 for leeds and he was 3rd in l19 million for an unproven striker is just daft.....but there you goenjoy a short time in the premiership and a large debt

A subject you would know all about.

So, are you saying we should be signing someone like beckford instead then?

Original Poster

andyat2002;5387255

Bambi on ice springs to mind...

That good?

Banned

smithyp1;5387767

A subject you would know all about.So, are you saying we should be … A subject you would know all about.So, are you saying we should be signing someone like beckford instead then?

we dont have any debt im afraid.....

sign who you like mate,

see you in championship next season 10/11

Original Poster

casparwhite;5387789

we dont have any debt im afraid.....sign who you like mate, see you in … we dont have any debt im afraid.....sign who you like mate, see you in championship next season 10/11

STILL a bitter leeds fan i see ............

Banned

smithyp1;5387801

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00473/PETER-RIDSDALE-185_473888a.jpg

Banned

smithyp1;5387801

nowt bitter here mate, weve seen it all at our club..... highs of the champions league to lows of the first division because of dropping over 20 points....

what have you seen apart from a 9 million pounds spent on a no mark striker?

smithyp1;5387223

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5360920,00.htmlhttp://www.bcfc.com/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10412~1685586,00.html

wish hull would splash that out on a striker !

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5387814

wow a picture of the barnsley chairman....how apt

Banned

casparwhite;5387839

nowt bitter here mate, weve seen it all at our club..... highs of the … nowt bitter here mate, weve seen it all at our club..... highs of the champions league to lows of the first division because of dropping over 20 points.... what have you seen apart from a 9 million pounds spent on a no mark striker?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/suffolk/content/images/2007/04/29/leeds_fan_blubbing_300_220x300.jpg

Banned

why are you showing a picture of a 10 year old leeds fan who has just found out birmingham are spending 9million on an unproven striker

tears of laughter

Banned

casparwhite;5387964

why are you showing a picture of a 10 year old leeds fan who has just … why are you showing a picture of a 10 year old leeds fan who has just found out birmingham are spending 9million on an unproven strikertears of laughter

Ah, the bitterness has turned to desperation.

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5388065

Ah, the bitterness has turned to desperation.

ok then.....if you say so

btw when was that picture taken....any idea?

didnt think so....

not hard to find any team in the country with a fan crying.......most are adults but at leeds its a child, what a great find

bimingham, leeds - league 1 - 11/12

FilthAndFurry;5387924

Bless him. lol

smithyp1;5387767

A subject you would know all about.So, are you saying we should be … A subject you would know all about.So, are you saying we should be signing someone like beckford instead then?

Beckford was once an unproven striker from Non-League Wealdstone was he not?

And he'd probably cost you millions now because he's English.

Banned

hornblowerracing;5388159

Beckford was once an unproven striker from Non-League Wealdstone was he … Beckford was once an unproven striker from Non-League Wealdstone was he not?And he'd probably cost you millions now because he's English.

how much did he cost us? lol

Original Poster

intenso100;5388103

bimingham, leeds - league 1 - 11/12

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :roll:

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5387924

This seems to be a constant theme from Leeds fans!!

Banned

guv;5388655

This seems to be a constant theme from Leeds fans!!

3 year old picture.....yawn

not really hard to find pics of footbvall fans crying.....doesnt quite work propely tho when you use a child instead of an adult

Original Poster

Shame the fella is going to miss the world cup qualifiers next week against puru and argentina.........

£9m for a 'who?' player - mental.

leedsunited.ytmnd.com/

same applies for this previous season as well.

Great to see the scum that is leeds united fail to get out of league one even with no points reduction!

Banned

matt3454;5392643

http://leedsunited.ytmnd.com/same applies for this previous season as … http://leedsunited.ytmnd.com/same applies for this previous season as well.Great to see the scum that is leeds united fail to get out of league one even with no points reduction!

oh hello!!

another bandwagon jumperonerer:roll:

Banned

casparwhite;5392928

oh hello!! another bandwagon jumperonerer:roll:

http://www.gettingdownunder.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/baby-dummy.thumbnail.jpg

Banned

FilthAndFurry;5392962

keep sucking on it, or are you throwin it out the pram now?:thinking:

casparwhite;5392982

keep sucking on it, or are you throwin it out the pram now?:thinking:

Mate grow up.

Your team is a disgrace
Your fans are a disgrace.
Your manager is a disgrace.

Leeds cheated there way out of debts.
They then moaned their ***** off about the point deduction.
Said they would walk the league without the deduction, yet this year you only just managed to get into the play offs.

Also you lost to Walsall:w00t:

Banned

matt3454;5393005

Mate grow up.Your team is a disgraceYour fans are a disgrace.Your manager … Mate grow up.Your team is a disgraceYour fans are a disgrace.Your manager is a disgrace.Leeds cheated there way out of debts.They then moaned their ***** off about the point deduction.Said they would walk the league without the deduction, yet this year you only just managed to get into the play offs.Also you lost to Walsall:w00t:

grow up? im not the 1 jumping on the bandwagon

and what are these digraces you speak of?

also how does 4th position and a run of 15 unbeaten games at the end of the season just get us into the play offs?

all the fun of the fair football and weve seen it all at leeds. who do you support again?

Banned

matt3454;5393005

Mate grow up.Your team is a disgraceYour fans are a disgrace.Your manager … Mate grow up.Your team is a disgraceYour fans are a disgrace.Your manager is a disgrace.Leeds cheated there way out of debts.They then moaned their ***** off about the point deduction.Said they would walk the league without the deduction, yet this year you only just managed to get into the play offs.Also you lost to Walsall:w00t:

grow up? im not the 1 jumping on the bandwagon

and what are these digraces you speak of?

histon rates as the worst defeat over walsall btw

also how does 4th position and a run of 15 unbeaten games at the end of the season just get us into the play offs?

all the fun of the fair football and weve seen it all at leeds. who do you support again?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Analogue's Super Nt SNES Wants to Do What Nintendon't512
    2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769253
    3. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2586
    4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4711606

See more discussions