Groups

Birmingham New Street Station to Apollo Hotel....

Hi,

Just a quick one, anybody know Birmingham?

Advice on best way to get from railway station to apollo hotel
    apollohotel.e-combuilder.com/spl…tml

any ideas how much a taxi will be?....
    mnay thanks

18 Comments

apollohotel.e-combuilder.com/spl…tml

to me looks close within walking distance,maybe 15mins walk,but maps can be deceiving. I suggest you use Google Earth and plot the points in a path line and it will give you the distance. I would do it for you but I'm rubbish at using Google Earth,I need more practice.

Could give them a call and ask how far they from the station also,you think they give more public transport info on website,think everyone coming in by car!

Would imagine a taxi will be about £5-6, probably about 2 miles about 10 minutes in a taxi.

^^^^ Deffo not walking distance, unless you love walking.

yep, would 20-30 mins walk even if you know the roads.

plenty of black cabs by the station but not other option, meter at £2.50 before the engine starts, one-way system etc., i'd be surprised if it was less than £7.

In a black cab between £5 - £10 ....

look on the bright side, you're staying pretty much opposite the duck - great pub lots of real ales.

sossidge;5432520

look on the bright side, you're staying pretty much opposite the duck - … look on the bright side, you're staying pretty much opposite the duck - great pub lots of real ales.

Probably 22 years since Iv'e been in there. :w00t:

greg_68;5432534

Probably 22 years since Iv'e been in there. :w00t:

yep, i'm northside, so i'm no regular but the tgi / liberty's traffic seems to keep it going without spoiling it

Is tgi's still there?

sossidge;5432555

yep, i'm northside, so i'm no regular but the tgi / liberty's traffic … yep, i'm northside, so i'm no regular but the tgi / liberty's traffic seems to keep it going without spoiling it

smithyp1;5432558

Is tgi's still there?

Thats a yes then ..... lol

sossidge;5432555

yep, i'm northside, so i'm no regular but the tgi / liberty's traffic … yep, i'm northside, so i'm no regular but the tgi / liberty's traffic seems to keep it going without spoiling it

I was north too, Great Barr

smithyp1;5432558

Is tgi's still there?

No it's gone now. oh hang on I think I am getting mixed up with Liberty's, passed there last week and noticed it was shut down.

TGI's still there.

You may get a bus up the Hagley Road but unless your strapped for cash I'd taxi it.

I just realised you mean the station further along,make it double and a bit more than I said,think you be best take a taxi now. Phone hotel though and ask if any bus routes along the way as be cheaper than taxi.

ah, sorry was just going from that hotel map, no expert on tgi's - the only one i notice is the one in sutton when i'm sneaking into tk maxx of a lunchtime.

too off-topic now, i'll quit while i'm ahead.

smithyp1;5432558

Is tgi's still there?

TGI's on the Hagley Road burnt down last year :w00t: Not sure if they have rebuilt it.

EDIT: birminghammail.net/new…33/ EVEN GET A VIDEO!!

The other option would be to catch a bus from Colmore row (lots of bus stations) and there a few which go down the Hagley road. This is the cheaper option as I think its £1.50 to get a bus? (Don't quote me on that as I haven't been on one for a while...)

Original Poster

lots of quick replies there!
    thanks all

not me thats going but will pass on the info, much appreciated!
    rep given

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5432598

I just realised you mean the station further along,make it double and a … I just realised you mean the station further along,make it double and a bit more than I said,think you be best take a taxi now. Phone hotel though and ask if any bus routes along the way as be cheaper than taxi.

quite a few ups and downs and twists and turns to get from new st to the nearest bus stop on that route and the fare's £1.70 so scarcely worth the saving really...

andyat2002;5432608

TGI's on the Hagley Road burnt down last year :w00t: Not sure if they … TGI's on the Hagley Road burnt down last year :w00t: Not sure if they have rebuilt it. EDIT: http://www.birminghammail.net/news/top-stories/2008/08/12/blaze-at-tgi-fridays-on-hagley-road-causes-traffic-chaos-97319-21515633/ EVEN GET A VIDEO!!The other option would be to catch a bus from Colmore row (lots of bus stations) and there a few which go down the Hagley road. This is the cheaper option as I think its £1.50 to get a bus? (Don't quote me on that as I haven't been on one for a while...)

Re-opens 4th July

greg_68;5432650

Re-opens 4th July

I wish I could say that was something I was looking forward too...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions