Expired

Birthday gift idea's for my dad's 65th!

Found 20th Feb 2014
Hello all,

I was wondering if I could pick your brains on gift ideas for my dad's 65th birthday in two weeks time.

I've previously brought him a flying experience for his 60th, so I'm looking for something different, but a bit special.
I've researched things like the orient express but its actually quite pricey.

Dinner at the Shard was one option, but their restaurant menu's don't look too great.

I'm happy to spend around £100-150 as my sister will split the cost with me.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks
MMP xx

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
25 Comments

Diamond encrusted bus pass cover

Awww Happy Birthday Dad! But sorry I'm useless with pressies!

Original Poster

A shame diamonds are a girls best friend ....(_;)

what about a family tree history you can buy those,and they would be interesting

Original Poster

The problem with that is they don't tend to be very good for anyone from an ethnic background.
We are Indian and my father was born in Zanzibar so he's knows absolutely everyone he is/was connected too including Freddie Mercury. They were neighbours as a child

Original Poster

This is so hard .....

Stripper

Can you get a copy of the local newspaper of the day he was born? (I know it can be done for UK papers, but not sure if that is going to be relevant/ interesting for him)

Dinner cruise on the Thames? Are you London based?

Don't know whether your Dad likes animals at all but for my 60th Birthday my daughter treated me to being a "Keeper for a Day" at Chester Zoo in the giraffe house. I thought it was a brilliant present and the family came along and took photos - what a great day. Also a day at a falconry centre is a memorable present.

Family Theatre trip. Making it up as I go here - one idea every few minutes!

tonyh78

Stripper

beat me to it

A new camera?
A trip out somewhere with the family
Theatre
Meal out somewhere
A new phone / tablet (if he likes that kind of thing)
Or if he's more interested in literature etc...
Books
Newspaper of his birthday
Kindle?
Clothes
Good luck happy birthday to your dad! x

Experience day out? (Can buy these in argos)
X

Original Poster

Thanks peeps... Brought him the iPad Air for Xmas.
He's not into watching shows either....

As a child he was in a film called West of Zanzibar, the 1954 version. I can't seem to get this on DVD anywhere.
Would of been a great gift as all he has is the poster.

Original Poster

Thank you for all the birthday wishes.... his birthday is on the 7th March

Miss Money Penny

Thanks peeps... Brought him the iPad Air for Xmas. He's not into watching … Thanks peeps... Brought him the iPad Air for Xmas. He's not into watching shows either....As a child he was in a film called West of Zanzibar, the 1954 version. I can't seem to get this on DVD anywhere.Would of been a great gift as all he has is the poster.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Ealing-Studios-Rarities-Collection/dp/B00BHY1P5C

I'll see if I can find it on its own for you

edit - sorry, don't seem to be able to find it on it's own - found it cheaper here though; play.com/DVD…tml
Edited by: "AndrewRoss" 21st Feb 2014

Original Poster

I did see the compilation , however I was hoping to get hold of the film on its own DVD

Original Poster

Musician

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/quality-coffin-now-reduced-195-coffin-company-1822342

Oi... lol, plenty of life in him yet! (_;)

Miss Money Penny

I did see the compilation , however I was hoping to get hold of the film … I did see the compilation , however I was hoping to get hold of the film on its own DVD

Could try e-mailing this place, apparently they did have it at one point, can't see it on their website though vicpine.co.uk/con…htm

Original Poster

AndrewRoss

Could try e-mailing this place, apparently they did have it at one point, … Could try e-mailing this place, apparently they did have it at one point, can't see it on their website though http://www.vicpine.co.uk/contact-us.htm

Thanks... will do!;)

Banned

Miss Money Penny

Oi... lol, plenty of life in him yet! (_;)

I'm glad you laughed, I felt a bit bad after posting that. If it's any consolation I sent it to my parents as well so nothing personal !

Afternoon tea for 2 at a posh hotel or have a photographer come to your house and do an informal family portrait.

what about an whisky bottle decorated with ribbons wearing his name and date of birth? labelsandribbon.com/
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants