Expired

Birthday gifts for a 13 year boy?

Found 6th May 2014
Hi - I am looking for gifts for my 13 year old son and am struggling and hoping for inspiration from anyone who also has a son around the same age!

He has the usual expensive items (xbox, laptop, phone, ipod) - I have asked him what he wants and all he says is a meal at Nandos! He likes minecraft and xbox games but I'm one of those mean mums that won't let him have any older games and so that does limit the selection! So far all I have come up with is nanodots - any suggestions please? Thank you very much.
Community Updates
Ask
18 Comments
bike/skates/skateboard, theme park trip, an instrument if he's interested in any (guitar, drums?)
How about this?

Link
thearbiter65

How about this? Link

They are really small those by the way. Good, but reeeeally small.

How about paintballing/go karting? Cinema or some clothes he likes or trainers? Or gift card for a shop so he could choose his own? Or some cool looking furniture for his bedroom like a lamp/light/gaming chair/football related thing if he likes football? Or a bb gun!!??
I bought my son silver dog tag chain with his nickname engraved for his 13th birthday. It also had the emblem of his fav football team attached as a pendant but he found that part naff and took it off.

...as said above, my boy would like to be bought musical instruments, clothes or cds.
Edited by: "SoullessMinion" 6th May 2014
Take him to Nandos and give him some money, and at least he can buy himself something.
get him a job.
day out at a theme park and Nandos afterwards? my kids are the same, they've got so much stuff they don't want any more of it so we do days out now, you can usually get good deals if you book online or do 2 for 1.
As per the big bang theory, I'd recommend a 13 year old girl
http://www.ecrazyworld.com/udb/A%20Present%20For%20A%2013%20Year%20Old%20Boy.jpg

In all seriousness, a musical instrument is a great present if he is interested in playing one. Also provides guaranteed present ideas for the future with accessories / future upgrades
£ - anything I buy my son now isn't quite right apparently. You can show him how to get the most for his money then too.
gpd g5a android gamepad. it is like a tablet with physical controls costs about £66 from many far eastern shops. he can get apps from the app store or play 1000s of games from the past on emulators.
Kelly Brook calendar?
How about a video action camera like a go pro, go pro are expensive for a birthday but cheaper alternatives are out there.
My son from the age of 13 likes playing his electric drums and Djing with his laptop and a dj controller he also has a mini keyboard and a launch pad for connecting into his laptop for making music and he has a few disco lights positioned around his room, anything like this if he likes music
Edited by: "ding" 7th May 2014
Or... give him what he wants i.e. the meal at Nandos and keep the rest of the money back as he will surely want something else in the near future? Then the money will be there ready for him.
My son is 13 and i'm a mean mum who won't let him have 18 rated games

My son likes war hammer ( it's a bit geeky lol ) , tickets to a football match/music gig, a experience like fly a plane (always discounts around for buyagift ) , a ipod dock not sure what your budget is but these seem popular now amazon.co.uk/Son…KO0
World cup stickers, 3 packs for a quid at Morrisons, £30 gets 90 packs - That's heaven to a 13 year old!! (Or me)
Thank you for all your suggestions! And so glad not to be the only "mean mum"!

I have gone with the following suggestions and at least he will have something to open for his birthday! Nandos, some spending money, the Minecraft Micro Lego (expensive but I think it will be fun), dancing water speakers x
OnPoint

My son is 13 and i'm a mean mum who won't let him have 18 rated games … My son is 13 and i'm a mean mum who won't let him have 18 rated games ;)My son likes war hammer ( it's a bit geeky lol ) , tickets to a football match/music gig, a experience like fly a plane (always discounts around for buyagift ) , a ipod dock not sure what your budget is but these seem popular now http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sonos-PLAY-Black-Wireless-Hi-Fi/dp/B00FMS1KO0

Good suggestions , and I agree 13 too young for 18age games , what about go karting ?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants